Ret Viability in 2v2

Okay, ATM, I know Ret is unbalanced.

Assuming our damage gets brought to a normal level, and assuming that Judgements of the Wise remains at a level where it still sustains our mana pool, and assuming that our Art of War procs and Flash of Lights do a decent amount of healing (but not a ridiculous amount), I still feel Ret will be somewhat gimped in small Arenas; and no, not OP at all, which is what all the assumptions about things being brought into line are for.

I want to stress this - I don't want Ret to just get an mirror image MS effect added to Crusader Strike. But we still have no real effective way to deal with a healing class without an decent interrupt or MS-like effect, or a snare to ensure we can apply enough pressure. I'm tired of only being able to play with a Rogue or a Mage (possibly a Hunter) in 2s. Ferals are getting a stacking movement debuff, Rogues have Crippling and MS, Warriors have Hamstring and MS, Hunters have an instant cast MS, traps, Wing Clip, etc... and Enhancements have Frost/Earth Shock.

What are reasonable and viable solutions to this? Or is it completely unreasonable to ask for, assuming we aren't still OP when the changes hit Live. What about something that redirects 25% of healing done to the target with the debuff to the Paladin? So a 25% MS, with the detriment of healing your opponent a bit. Who knows, just throwing it out there. Maybe with our ability to throw out heals and Hands and stuff, we shouldn't get a MS.

Basically something to make Ret/Healer a workable comp, without having your healer go OOM in every fight against another healer/DPS-with-MS.

Re: Ret Viability in 2v2

just play with a warrior thats what i do and thats even before the instant flash which will make it even better.

True, and I was just thinking about the 20 second HoJ. That's not bad. I'm used to the 35 second one, of course.

20 second HoJ, Repentance and a BE racial for me. Not too bad. But with say, a Holy Pally who just stands there and spams heals, there's not really any time he'll be in danger.

I have a pretty good Rogue friend. We'll be playing Rogue/Ret/Druid. Possibly some other healer, depending on how things turn out.

double pally with holy/ret work true you get his stun to get additional burst

Maybe, but usually you want your healer to be a fair distance away. And with HoJ on a 20 second cooldown, they'll be on DRs if you trade off.

Not trying to be overly critical, just pointing out concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by Keelie
    Maybe, but usually you want your healer to be a fair distance away. And with HoJ on a 20 second cooldown, they'll be on DRs if you trade off.

Not trying to be overly critical, just pointing out concerns.
    well holy with ret gets a instant flash to back up the healer when required to be honest it would be best if both were bursting a target fast together vs 2 dps team. vs one with a healer you can use a hammer to burst one while stopping the healing with the holy hammer (thats in the best of the world)

Well honestly having the healer, without resist, stunned for 7/20 = 35% of the time isn't bad for having bubble as well as buffing team mates. So if you are like me and get a mage partner for you 2's counterspell + HoJ + Lots of burst dmg between you = decent 2v2. And I think being unable to kill a healer isnt as uncommon as you think. The only class that can really kill a healer by itself quickly is a rogue atm. And a mage too on beta, which btw mages are more OP then ret and DK on beta so stop whining about ret people whine about mages. Or even better stfu

I'm a retadin and I support this message.
    "Whenever i crit 10 times in a row on resto druid and can't kill it i exit wow, go outside... walk a bit and find a kitty and beat the fucking shit out of it and throw it in a bush."

-Venator

Quote Originally Posted by Rambobarbq
    well holy with ret gets a instant flash to back up the healer when required to be honest it would be best if both were bursting a target fast together vs 2 dps team. vs one with a healer you can use a hammer to burst one while stopping the healing with the holy hammer (thats in the best of the world)
    Shockadin+Ret FTW!

shockadin ftl. they are dead. a rogue or a mage would be ideal for a 2v2 with a ret pally. maybe even a dreamstate druid.

I was kidding. ;D

I know Mages and Rogues are Ret's best partners for 2s.

I've noticed two types of people out there. People who think Ret is OMFG OP and needs to be nerfed into the ground like the beginning of TBC (talking about things being balanced is for them), and people who think that Ret is completely broken and useless on Live and needs MORE damage on the PTR/Beta. What gives?

Deleted

ret did needed a boost over all fore pvp but this whasent youst boots this whas huge buff i dont say ther op wtf nerf

but i have nerly 400 resill on my shaman i gott kill in 30 sec from ret paldin so thats op i dont say all ppl do that but sersly nerf the burt and boost the long term dmg

atm if the sty like this paldins will rock in arena

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Keelie
    I've noticed two types of people out there. People who think Ret is OMFG OP and needs to be nerfed into the ground like the beginning of TBC (talking about things being balanced is for them), and people who think that Ret is completely broken and useless on Live and needs MORE damage on the PTR/Beta. What gives?
    I don't quite belong to either group. I think they ARE OP. I mean, hell, they can solo fel reavers and Durn The Hungerer at 70. I don't know of any other dps class/spec that can pull that off. But no, I don't either want them to be nerfed to oblivion, which basically would be nerfing them to TBC.

But meh, if this thread is about ret viability in 2v2 then this shouldn't be discussed much more