i tested shadow some nights in lake wintergasp with full pvp gear. there were also some 1on1 and 1on2 fights in addition to the zerg "fun". my solution: its not fun playing a shadow at the moment in pvp. u are wasted healing for any group and u cant do any preasure on the opponent. in return, ur opponents do so much dmg to u that u need to react very quickly to survive some seconds.
our main problems are:
- 16% crit with full pvp crit gear. after resilence u have a very little chance to crit with our spells. we dont have any crit-boost-talents like shatter combo. its wasted to go for crit set as a shadow, u dont crit in pvp!
- ur staying power is very bad. ur armor is cut in half compared to s4 at 70. u dont realy have a chance to escape, all classes own u.
- u dont have enough mana for a class that can reset dots even with shadow fiend and dispersion. i found a very bad rogue, attacked him out of stealth and he used the cloak at the beginning. i could fear him 3 times in one fight, used dispersion and shadow fiend and i only could dmg him to 1,7k life. than i went out of mana and lost the fight i started with 100% mana
- u cant beat hybrid classes or healers, u just go oom. mana burn consumes ur mana better than the mana of the opponent
the hole mana management is different from lvl 70. a lot of classes have very strong passive and active manareg talents, that u cant go oom in pvp if u change the playstyle (use watershield, seal of wise, aspect of the viper, etc). a hunter can chimera-shot his mana to 100% like a rage bar! not so for shadow, we run oom! dispersion and shadow fiend is nothing compared to ur mana loss. hybrid classes can heal themselves nearly as good as their healer parts. thats good, but not possible for a shadow.
in group pvp u r a burden. after some hrs u can only log out the class.
- remove the manareg component of dispersion. why do we need 2 strong active manareg spells with 3 min cd? in return, reduce the mana costs of ur shadowspells significantly. shadow on 70 also had mana problems, but its unplayable on beta now! (25% of ur manabar for ur 3 dots is too much)
perhaps give dispersion the ability to break cc like ice block
- give shadow form the same absorb like soul link. 15% dmg reduction to all types
- give us back the shadow resilence with 4% or 6% dmg absorb to physical attacks. shamans have a talent for 6% in the elemental tree, and they wear higher armor and a shield!
- psychic horror was very good with its horror effect. u cannot compare the 24 sec cd fear with other cc-forms! divine hymn isnt a alternative because u have that much manaproblems as shadow that u cant switch between normal and shadowform. also ur targets are dotted.
- give vampiric touch an active manareg component only for the shadow himself. 33 mana per sec is nothing, not for u, not for ur grp which has better manatools for themselves.
- i would change twisted faith to increase the critical strike chance of the shadow against that target by 5% per shadow dmg over time effect on the target from the same shadow. that would give us the opportunity to crit in pvp
- ur dots dont do enough dmg compared to other dot-classes. shadow word pain was the strongest dot, but these times are gone in beta
if it goes live like that, there wont be shadows in pvp anymore. its realy not fun!
p.s. can someone quote this to the american wow-beta forum? i only have an european account and it seems there are no more pvp shadows testing!!?
There are almost no pvp shadow priests now, but the ones who do pvp are doing it extremely well.
I am just wondering, how the hell did you waste your ENTIRE mana on dueling a rogue? I mean, wasting your entire mana has to be at least 100K damage.
no, just 19k dmg and he had 20k life. just cast ur dots and 25% of your mana are gone... u have around 12k mana in blue pvp gear. just try to kill an unholy deathknight. should be the same because u kick a lot of mana into the anti-magic shell. very annoying atm...
1. a terrible liar (wasting WHOLE mana+shadowfined on a ROGUE, kek)
2. the worst shadowpriest of all time
and u are probably no beta tester...
edit: to answer with an argument:
- 12673 with blue/epic pvp gear
888 Power Word: Shield
849 Shadow Word: Pain
965 Devouring Plague
618 Vampiric Touch
579 Psychic Scream
-> 2432 Mana for 3 dots only! -> that are 19% of your maximum mana
u can figure it out by urself. (3861 base mana) with crit set u have 0 manareg infight. 33 mana per second from vt if u can trigger the replenishment effect. plz test it, u will agree with me that the manacosts are too high.
Ahhh no....its the sad reality that all shadowpriests are about to face once the patch comes out. Bend over spread your butt checks and use plenty of KY. I hope u get a kiss before the thrashing. It gonna be a long hard ride for us.
Its very simple mate, roll offensive Disc/Shadow..
Combine Silence and V/E with Shield reflect and PI
Its an offensive casting build, and rest of points are yours to spend to whatever you enjoy eg Shadow Form or Pain Suppression. Or go defensive all the way, you still have a proper choice to reroll now which you didnt had in S1~4 > once shadow all the way shadow or regear from scrap.
So Drop shadow for PvP and PvE, cause we suck compared to other classes with same capeabilities. And blizzard will buff Shadow or they will leave it rotten there forever. Eitherway, problem solved > Fuck shadow, i`m totally done with it after seeing 1 year nerf after nerf > direct or indirect I dont give a f# anymore.
(perhaps the reason why its no longer my main anymore after 3 years of wow)
i ve a shadow too , and i find my SP very boring to play with , i have the impression to play a ret before this patch , i ve 2 skills and play with , ouah taht s enormaous, everyt others trees have a lot of fun alents that brings a proccing buff or something else changing our way to play, but it s not the case in SP , moreover we are oom 3min after the beginning of a duel or even in pve .
makes me sad
i really love my SP but the class designers dont see us as underpowered
on live it's fun to play once you stack enough resil so you can take the serious beatings from melee classes.
all the QQ isnt doing us any good.Imho the spec needs to disappear in order for blizz to notice that it lacks something.maybe someday... i'll get to melt faces again till then gonna lvl up my warr :3
I didn't get into BETA....but my buddy did, and I tried a premade 80 Shadow Priest.
And I still can't believe that nothing has changed.
We still don't have the mobility of other DoT casters. Mind Flay is our biggest problem....were just sitting ducks. Plus VT leaves us as open as much as Mind Flay.
Shadow Priest still cannot apply any pressure to healers.....and Yes mana burn just exhausts our mana a quickly the opponent. We have no serious debuff....or even a weak I-Win button.
VT still takes FOREVER to cast.....by the time were done, healers have either left (out of range) or healed to full HP.....
The PVP healer gear is far more attractive than the PVP DPS gear. All the + crit that is given to shadow pvp gear is completely countered because of resilience. Your better stacking spirit with the healer gear to gain better mana regen…..plus some shadow talents scale your spell power with spirit.
Desperation should remove all impairing effects. And shadow priest should have better mana regen. Shadow form should reduce all damage….not just melee.
Shadow does have a long road ahead of them. The hybrid disc/shadow builds do far better than pure shadows. Oh well.