I figured, for fun, we should try and compare our 51 point dps talent with the others, from a PvE perspective.
Shadow Priest: Dispersion (36% mana, 90% damage reduction for 6 seconds)
- Arcane: Arcane Barrage (Instant burst damage, low CD)
- Fire: Extra single target dps to full fire (Fire DoT)
- Frost: 5 second stun on frozen targets (30 second CD)
- Affliction: Haunt (Extra DoT with some PvP effects)
- Demo: Metamorphis (Makes you into a demon, lolololol)
- Chaos Bolt (Pew Pew long cast shadowbolt to be used against paladins)
Elemental Shaman: Thunderstorm (AoE, knockback, restores 5% mana)
Balance Druid (Moonkin): Starfall (AoE)
So we got the mage, who wouldn't spec full either full frost or arcane, since both tree's suck. They get a fire DoT, fitting for a full dps class with no real raid-dps buffs. Nothing big compared to Dispersion, special on mana tight situations.
And then we got warlocks, they got really got shafted no? 3 pretty much useless abilities for PvE, the affliction one being the best one, but we all know affliction will suck badass with +haste on all gear. Sure DoTs can crit, but it won't be THAT good.
Shamans... well, shamans get a AoE, sure the knockback effect looks awesome, but the pratical PvE effect is equal zero. The regen is also very minimal.
And finally druids. Druids get a AoE , nothing more nothing less.
Of all the casters, I think Fire-Mages got the best 51pt talent, and priest having the second best.
Mana regen is essencial on all fights. And so is damage reduction. Alot more than AoE ever will be.
tl;dr: Stop Whining, Dispersion is awesome.