Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Dispersion versus other DPS-caster end talents

You can't really compare 51 points directly though, since they are just an extra given to the whole tree /class. Since priests for example lack survivability in pvp they gain dispersion (which is useable while stunned etc right?)
    This user has been permanently banned because the moderator doesn't like warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyara
    I just hope engineeres won't turn us into a little shadow mote
    This is full of so much win. That would be awesome if that worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiraeth
    this so called "talent" is, by all means, not worth to spend one point in.

its lackluster, more a "we-dont-know-what-to-put-as-top-tier-talent" than a real worthy 51 master-talent.
    Clueless newbie is clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Affliction always been high in simulations. Mainly on multi-target bosses, where you "in theroy" would DoT all up.

There's a clear reason for 0/21/40 desto won the TBC dps race.
    You've demonstrated your utter cluelessness for the second time. Affliction build wasn't scaling with haste/crit as well as destro build did (same story with shadow priests, except shadow priests suffered even more). That's why affliction locks lost end game. And affliction build doing better than destro in simulators is either a lie or another clueless BS.

Silencing yourself for 6 secs, to let, say, mage start casting pyro, is quite far from awesomness, especially for PVE.

Quote Originally Posted by kartu3
    You've demonstrated your utter cluelessness for the second time. Affliction build wasn't scaling with haste/crit as well as destro build did (same story with shadow priests, except shadow priests suffered even more). That's why affliction locks lost end game. And affliction build doing better than destro in simulators is either a lie or another clueless BS.

Silencing yourself for 6 secs, to let, say, mage start casting pyro, is quite far from awesomness, especially for PVE.
    Your lack of english skills fail for yet another time. I wrote "There is" , not "That is".

And affliction DO better than desto in simulators, level 80 simulators with new talents. We're not talking about level 70, DUUUH! Try read the context before you flame away next time.

I was commenting why destruction would eventually turn out to be better, due to affliction rarely having the ideal situation, and still doesn't scale very well with spellhaste.

Also, I'm having no problems doing a 6 second self-silence if I'm moving and not able to cast anyway, or being affected by a boss silence, stun or random other effect that otherwise would remove my ability to deal direct damage. I posted plenty of examples on such senarios allready.

Also, I'm having no problems doing a 6 second self-silence if I'm moving and not able to cast anyway, or being affected by a boss silence, stun or random other effect that otherwise would remove my ability to deal direct damage. I posted plenty of examples on such scenarios already.
    We understand your a major advocate of this 51 point talent.

However it seems the majority of SP's are not.

Blizz says we are required to have it for PVP but in most PVP builds it is being excluded. Ive already been /laughed at by a rogue and a warrior, who continued to do their 10% dmg to me, building combo points and rage, then BANG, $%^&, DEAD !! ...Game Over, Do not pass go, Do not collect your Sleeveless T-Shirt.

I for one am really not thrilled with it. I think they could have done something much better. Bring back our summon from TBC they took away, give us some fun toys to play with. Druids get trees ...gimme back my Wraiths.

I'm in mostly Sunwell gear, up to and including M'uru. While i can see a few " oh crap " situations, Felmyst/Twins sticking out the most, I'm not inclined to stand idle and watch dot ticks for 6 seconds. Personally id like just some general attention to the dps scaling issues we are looking at. We are on a merry go round with DPS numbers, back and forth.

One patch OP to the next patch we're lucky to SW'D rats and not have them /facetopalm me.

All the tree's have issues.

Will it be adjusted before the patch ..highly unlikely. Will it be adjusted before Wrath ..just maybe.

Yes the idea behind Dispersion was well intended, but it is failing.

I think what people want to know is, When ... When GC/Koraa/whomever are we going to hear something other then " You need this to live, ....and your numbers are fine " when in fact we're again mediocre at best.
    I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him. - Mark Twain

Clueless newbie is clueless.
    i lol'd irl

I'm not inclined to stand idle and watch dot ticks for 6 seconds.
    And there's plenty of options to use it while doing something else, like running.

I couldn't care less about PvP, The only PvP tree for priest I would care about is disciplin. You can't have the best of 3 worlds (no matter how much you beg and QQ)

Not to mention, dispite the lack of belif, you WILL need Dispersion for enough mana regen. I'm VERY SURE that 400 spellhaste for 15 seconds outdamage 6 second normal damage (since you have to use a mana potion, instead of dispersion).

Haven't done the math, but wouldn't be surprised , since MF being able to crit and all, that 400 haste would more than double my damage during the duration.

And if we want more dps, we need a general coffiency upscale, not a change of a 51pt talent. It's perfect as a end talent, and extremly efficient to do what it's meant to do.