Poll: Paladins vs everything in wrath

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Q. Tbc to Wotlk

Q. Tbc to Wotlk

how do you think the paladin does in all specs in general do in pvp compared to all other classes. Also how do you think they will be after wotlk?
    Now i know this question has be asked b4, but What im really trying to figure out is if the Rock-paper-scissors effect is going to change to other classes.

Right now i fair pretty well vs most classes but (more than occasional) skilled rogue and frost mage just tear my world apart. Do you think that the paladin will do better against these classes in live wotlk? Maybe have the advantage against them but at the sake of losing the advantage vs others?

Its not the skills that we have that makes a good paladin but the timeing of when they are used that determines everything.

---------------------------Off Topic-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Out of curiousity could someone give me advice on how to beat a frost mage in a particular cenario?

I being a Ret paladin going agaist the frost mage and lets say i get the jump on him. Now like a smart paladin i save my cd like hoj/repent and go straight into the cs/judge routine. Now my problem is he frost nova's followed by a counterspell to stop me from bof. Which is followed by a painful frost bolt/ice lance.

On the other hand if i start with bof he only spell steals it from me and still does what i said above. So i clench my teeth and bare it and continue on. I then get up close to him again and get a cs off and he blinks. BAM i hit him with a hoj knowing he can only trinket out of it now.... Well except the iceblock that he now popped. So i start to dispel all the debuffs on me since im only down to 9k outta 12k health. He then comes out of iceblock and brings out his water elemental. Knowing that he is on hypothermia debuff i have to burn him down fast or its going to be a rinse and repeat cinerio.

So now i get back on him and he drops the first frost nova from water elemental and i try to get it dispeled but that only took off the winters chill effect and i eat the icelance crit. (bof still on cd and saving repent to when i REALLY need it) I continue to TRY to get up to him again while spamming dispel on my down time of being kited. I finally get up to him and he frost novas me again and i retaliate with bof. Once again he spell steals it, blinks and i repent knowing what his intentions are gonna be. I go to heal BUT he trinkets out and TRIES to hit me with a counterspell. ( i canceled my heal b4 cs hit me)

BAH im tired i need to go to bed. To make a long story short he pops cold snap... GG
    I may edit this later to continue this epic story.

Xphius 80 Paladin
    Xanxic 80 Druid
    Xzain 80 DeathKnight
    Karvex 80 Hunter

Re: Q. Tbc to Wotlk

Usually, my best strat agaisnt frost has been to start with repent if they're at a distance, then close and hit fast and hard. This forces them to be more defensive. They will almost always blink away at that point, so use BoF to follow up and stun and hit some more. If they counterspell, it sucks but LoS them if possible to wait it out, then persue. Also once they spellsteal your BoF, you'll have to trinket or bubble to keep persuit of them while they try to slow you more. If you keep the pressure on hard and fast you can beat em easy. Just keep them running away, or if you can't close distance, do what you can to lose LoS and try again. Also, killing their Elemental if convenient is worth it IMO, as they're definately more than a nuisance.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade
    Usually, my best strat agaisnt frost has been to start with repent if they're at a distance, then close and hit fast and hard. This forces them to be more defensive. They will almost always blink away at that point, so use BoF to follow up and stun and hit some more. If they counterspell, it sucks but LoS them if possible to wait it out, then persue. Also once they spellsteal your BoF, you'll have to trinket or bubble to keep persuit of them while they try to slow you more. If you keep the pressure on hard and fast you can beat em easy. Just keep them running away, or if you can't close distance, do what you can to lose LoS and try again. Also, killing their Elemental if convenient is worth it IMO, as they're definately more than a nuisance.
    this is what i usually do with all classes. But skileld frost mages that know how to spellsteal and stuff i just cant do anything ><
    Xphius 80 Paladin
    Xanxic 80 Druid
    Xzain 80 DeathKnight
    Karvex 80 Hunter

I'd try cleanse atleast once before you blow BoF (HoF) right away. I'm looking forward to seeing some interesting possible prot pvp builds. I'm sure someone will find a way somehow to do it
    Beauty now spawns with only two pups in Heroic difficulty. Not to worry though, the missing pup has been adopted by a wonderful, if not insane family.

I'm glad that Blizzard cares about the little things...

well like i said read my pvp example. i always spam dispel while in down time of being kited. Thats just common sence.
    Xphius 80 Paladin
    Xanxic 80 Druid
    Xzain 80 DeathKnight
    Karvex 80 Hunter

now thats alot better info, thanks.
    Xphius 80 Paladin
    Xanxic 80 Druid
    Xzain 80 DeathKnight
    Karvex 80 Hunter

No one is using bubble this days? Let's see... WALL OF TEXT

1)Repentance him
    2)Go to melee and cast Avenging Wrath, he won't use insignia, he saves it for HoJ.
    &#160; &#160; a) He will use ice block
    &#160; &#160; &#160; &#160;1) Cleance and flash a bit, let him think he blow you CD while the truth is that you blew his.
    &#160; &#160; &#160; &#160;2) He will most probably frost nova and blink use bubble asap while he turns to CS you and get in range for a HoJ
    &#160; &#160; &#160; &#160;3) He has no Ice block or Blink so he either dies or uses insignia, pop Hand of freedom right after you stun him while running towards him and there is nothing he can do with or without insignia.
    &#160; &#160; b) He will ge hit by a very painful combo
    &#160; &#160; &#160; &#160;1) Again he will frost nova/blink away he will also summon his elemental. Pop Hand of freedom, if he succeds in Spellstealing it use your bubble, and keep running towards him, to avoid the elemental shatter combo.
    &#160; &#160; &#160; &#160;2) HoJ him, either he uses insignia or Ice block or ofc he dies.
    &#160; &#160; &#160; &#160;ia) If he uses Ice Block heal any damage and ignore the elemental, cleance as hell too. if he has frost nova by the time he is out of the iceberg use your insignia and chase him down, he will also blink but has no frost nova left. If he uses Cold snap too and again frost nova you try cleansing. If you manage by that time to have HoJ or Repentance up you win. Hand of freedom is up too in case you uses insignia.

This is a strategy formed to minimize damage taken while bleeding your opponent of CDs.

Thanks hope i helped.
    YOU FACE NOT MALCHEZAR ALONE, BUT THE LEGIONS I COMMAND!

To be honest i hate bubble. Dont get me wrong i love its effect but all the bullshit that comes with it. For example the QQ from other classes and it being the reason us being held back for so long (up until now).

I like to beat people without having to use any serious cd's like bubble or loh(5min cd and up). This give me the feeling that i earned my kill, although a good mage i ALWAYS have to use bubble and i hate it ><

Xphius 80 Paladin
    Xanxic 80 Druid
    Xzain 80 DeathKnight
    Karvex 80 Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by exphius
    To be honest i hate bubble. Dont get me wrong i love its effect but all the bullshit that comes with it. For example the QQ from other classes and it being the reason us being held back for so long (up until now).

I like to beat people without having to use any serious cd's like bubble or loh(5min cd and up). This give me the feeling that i earned my kill, although a good mage i ALWAYS have to use bubble and i hate it ><

A mage in order to kill you will most probably blew just all of his CDs. Elemental,Ice Block, Veins, Cold snap. Why shouldn't you use some as well. I only choose arena valiable skills in order for it to be justified, according to blizzard thinking.
    YOU FACE NOT MALCHEZAR ALONE, BUT THE LEGIONS I COMMAND!