Best Holy Priest Professions in wotlk?

Hi

Im going to make a Holy Priest as my new main char. in Wotlk and im still not sure what proffesions should i choose.

Tailoring/Enchanting or Herb/Alchemy?

Tell me your opinion and the pros and cons...

Thanks

PS: Sry for my bad english xD

Re: Best Holy Priest Professions in wotlk?

accountant.
    Rocket Sauce.

Maybe u should chose another healer class for ur main..im a holy priest and belive me things dont look 2 good for us atm compared to resto druids..

chose w/e you want. there is no thing as 'best" proffesion. even a leatherworking priest will find benifits from it (such as BoP leather threads that are more valuable then a enchant). so basically you can benifit from any proffesion.

about the one above me: play the beta and see. its nice to QQ about :
    "i want a resto druid talent"
    m8 - reroll druid if that what you feel. check every single forum everyone hate the changes every one got nerfed.
    QQing about druids when you are a priest?

you are not a druid, if you wanna be re-roll one.
    from beta pov, they were "screwed" as well. from a beta PoV, holy is not that bad as it seems on paper.

i assume you just read and then QQ about it, ok no-problems. don't misslead ppl.
    holy priest have no reason to re-roll unless they are like you:
    and by that i mean they play priest but want to be a resto druid.
    GL my friend with your reroll. druid class is there --->

Blizz have said they are trying to make sure no profession is a must have - unlike say tailoring in TBC, which was SO much better than the others for holy priest.

Equally, alch is less important now there is no pot chaining, but herbs I suspect will be expensive as so many people will be levelling inscriptions.

If you have other characters to gather stuff then it chnages things, as opposed to if you want to have only one char at lelvel 80.

Some are reqally hard work to level as well - herb/alch is dead easy, whereas tailor/ enchanting is not.

I would go for two of:

Tailoring - there is meant to be levelling gear available
    Herbalism - saves money, is dull - one bop herb that is a weak heal
    Alch - less useful than in TBC, but still handy, Mixology gives buff to all elixirs, plus bop alchemical trinkets
    Inscription - should make cash from milling (certainly JC's mae a ton from prospecting), plus get one extra greater glyph
    Enchanting - hard to level, get to enchant own rings

Quote Originally Posted by meowmeow
    chose w/e you want. there is no thing as 'best" proffesion. even a leatherworking priest will find benifits from it (such as BoP leather threads that are more valuable then a enchant). so basically you can benifit from any proffesion.

about the one above me: play the beta and see. its nice to QQ about :
    "i want a resto druid talent"
    m8 - reroll druid if that what you feel. check every single forum everyone hate the changes every one got nerfed.
    QQing about druids when you are a priest?

you are not a druid, if you wanna be re-roll one.
    from beta pov, they were "screwed" as well. from a beta PoV, holy is not that bad as it seems on paper.

i assume you just read and then QQ about it, ok no-problems. don't misslead ppl.
    holy priest have no reason to re-roll unless they are like you:
    and by that i mean they play priest but want to be a resto druid.
    GL my friend with your reroll. druid class is there --->
    I already have a 70 drood if u must know and I was not qq-uing this is the truth druids are much better ATM than holy priests in beta + its the same thig we were doing untill now...same spells same rotations...discipline on the other hand is a change..hope it will be fun and viable as well

Allways QQ ???

Im going in wotlk as a holy priest in a good mood, cauz "the balanceing is still not done withe the release of wotlk". Every healer has his pros and cons and i think there will be always a priest in a raid. Stamina and Divine Spirit is allways usefull. And the guardian spirit? we'll see

But thanks to the replys. I choosed tailoring and enchanting now. Tailoring can be unlearned later. (maybe when the epic 80 alchemist stone is there)when the equip is "high" enough that you dont need the tailoring im sure i would unlearn it. but well see what is happening to the professions with the first patches

MFG Ninth

15+ Year Old Account

Personally (though I won't be holy, I'll be discipline), I am sticking with tailoring/enchanting. However, I have an alterior motive.

Tailoring is going to level my enchanting.

I'm in pretty top-notch gear. Not Sunwell stuff, granted, but definitely my gear will tide me over until my upper 70s. So everything I make as a tailor to level it up I'll be dusting.

If you're in that same boat, I say stick with the norm. If not, then I say look at the professions that you think would be beneficial, examine what you can make with each one (from the perspective of aiding your character, NOT from the perspective of making gold), and decide what you think your healer needs to provide for itself most. Personally, I think ring enchants and cheaper leg enchants (the tailoring-only ones require half the mats and are just as good as the epic-level ones) are a good combination. On top of which I know there will be some good instance drop tailoring patterns that I will want access to.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

I'm herb alchy at the moment and plan on staying that way.

herbs are going to skyrocket in price with inscription, as the demand will go up. I'm not going to want to have to level alchy w/o herbalism in that kind of marketplace.

With the Mixology passive, the added 25%/50% benefit to Elixirs and Flasks respectively is fantastic. I am currently potion spec'd but I will likely change to Transmutation since Potions will be less needed, and flasks will last 4 hours for me.

Tailoring leg enchants bug the hell out of me. I do not care about paying less, I want a stronger effect.....

As for epic patterns, I am hopeful some will come about as currently the trained stuff seems average.

Alchemy with mixology seems awesome.

Does tailoring out power Enchanting? LW? Blacksmithing? Even Engineering? Don't know, need more patterns first.

My suggestion would be to bank all cloth early on and not bother to level it until you are more certain of its usefulness.