Dual spec for pallys

Seeing that were getting dual spec, wouldn't it be a good idea if your ret, to use prot as ur off spec since dont they pretty much use the same gear?

Deleted

Re: Dual spec for pallys

Do you mean that Ret and Holy uses the same kind of gear, then?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Sprite
    Seeing that were getting dual spec
    You are not getting it yet, so don't be happy with a dead bird too soon...

Blizzard *ONLY* stated that they are interrested in alike features and they will have a serious look at it, and may get working on it at some point.

They never said it will be implemented anywhere near soon, so this topic is highly pre-mature

Prot and Ret don't use the same gear.

DPS plate is not the same as tanking plate. Not by a longshot.

I plan on have two ret specs. One for my raiding guild (currently on mu'ru) and one for pvp. Also, our guilds prot pally will have Heart of the crusader in wotlk. One spec could have HotC if our prot pally isn't there and another that has 3 extra points i can put into something.

Quote Originally Posted by Somnio

Blizzard *ONLY* stated that they are interrested in alike features and they will have a serious look at it, and may get working on it at some point.

They never said it will be implemented anywhere near soon, so this topic is highly pre-mature
    On the contrary, Blizzard just released the following, posted here at MMO-Champion:
    "The dual-spec feature will shine more light on talent design (more on that at Blizzcon)"

So it is fair to assume that we will be seeing some type of dual-spec feature in the near future, the details of which will be covered at Blizzcon. My guess is it will be somewhere between a very generous switch while out of combat, or a conservative 1 day cooldown. Either way, it's certain to cost the player something to swtich, be it gold or time. Perhaps it wont work in instances? Who knows? But it's confirmed in some form as far as I can gather from that breif statement.

In the blue post they stated "The dual-spec feature will shine more light on talent design (more on that at Blizzcon) "

That's pretty obvious they are introducing it at Blizzcon, it might not be in for the WOTLK release date but we are getting it.

And you obviously dont read news posts. Here, let me get you the link that shows that they are going to unveil it at blizzcon, and then you can start posting about things that you are actually up to date on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Furthermore, don't expect us to be ripping up every other talent tree in the game at this stage. We will continue to change talent effects before Lich King ships, but don't expect a lot more massive rejuggling of the trees themselves. The dual-spec feature will shine more light on talent design (more on that at Blizzcon) and we'll have a better idea of what we want to do with trees when that goes live. Some talent trees are nice and lean, and some probably have some points we could trim here and there.

Deleted

I have read GhostCrawler's post -a few times, mind you- before, Lithor, so it's not new to me, really. And even though I understand they are looking at the options, it does not tell me "Sure, we will give it to you next week". If you look at the time between other announced ideas and the moment they actually are being added to a PTR build, you will see that alone takes quite some time. Not even to mention it takes between PTR and Live.

But, who knows; maybe Blizzard *is* working hard to get this done at WotLK launh, or maybe in the first content patch after that. But the way I read it, it's not comming soon, so I don't get all too excited, just because a Blue post confirmed they are Looking into it.

It's all about how your read the post and how realistic you are, I guess:
    -I don't assume they will implement it within months, so if they do, it can only surprise me in a good way.
    -Others see something and get all worked up about it, just to post QQ-topics when it's not coming as soon as they hoped.

Let's wait at Blizzcon to see how far they really are with this idea, shall we?

Prot main spec, Holy off spec, that is if I ever get used to Holy as it is now... Judgementing to increase haste and casting holy shock and all that fun stuff is really turning into a nuisance as opposed to the simple healing... so it's debatable *shrug* but as my Paladin is my main raider I'll pick up the most wanted raid specs and leave my ret gear in my bank, especially now that I don't even need it to grind thanks to Prot being amazing.

Deleted

Learn2Link =)

Holy/Prot(Ret) for me.

Prot is definitely my main spec and I never want to heal so Ret will be my 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumidar
    Prot is definitely my main spec and I never want to heal so Ret will be my 2nd.
    But what about Prot PvE and Prot PvP???

(Sorry...couldn't resist...lame as it was...)

I am going to be a Tankadin in Wotlk but I will also try and find/loot/craft Retri gear.

2 talent builds would be awesome and most importnant . free of charge

: We need a retridin .

ow ok .. no prob , going to SW wbrb
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara