Thread: Boomkin in pve

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Boomkin in pve

Quote Originally Posted by Spots
    Trinket first cause the entire MF dot benefits from it. Making a 780 everlasting dot into a 838 everlasting one. 60 dps increase on a single use. Not even counting the SF benefit.
    I'm not sure on that one, I'm pretty sure Blizzard changed that for both dots and hots.

As a test put rejuv on yourself and see how much it ticks in caster form and how much in moonkin (if you have improved moonkin aura of course). It does tick for more in moonkin form, my guess dots use your current stats and not the stats at the start.

They did that with buffs like earth shield too, pre-trinketing for buffs wasn't intended use of game mechanics I guess.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe
    I'm not sure on that one, I'm pretty sure Blizzard changed that for both dots and hots.
    HoTs only, there wasn't any way to get infinite dots at the time and testing from beta/ptr shows that it does indeed work that way.
    I'd think it will get nerfed though, but there's a possibility for it to stay that way since there's no real way to make use of that particularity in pvp (and +60dps won't trivialize a raid fight the same way a 2000hps lifebloom did in BT).

not really nice dps and yes he plays like and idiot.
    His choice of spells is not optimal.
    I can replace his wrath spam with SF and use the everlasting MF dot.
    The difference between his wrath x2 and my SF is 600-800 dmg. My moonfire dot ticks for 838.

And I'm lvl 70. He's lvl 80. And I can outdps him.

He could've gotten more then 2.4k if he used the correct rotation and perhaps the correct specc/glyphs.

Might've been mentioned already, but currently the best rotation without eclipse for me is: Trinket, SF, MF, SF spam.
    Trinket first cause the entire MF dot benefits from it. Making a 780 everlasting dot into a 838 everlasting one. 60 dps increase on a single use. Not even counting the SF benefit.
    Also his AoE is crap, but then again, maby he didnt spec into typhoon and Starfall, Hurricane spam is not the optimal AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by sutekh
    Boomkins are completely OP, there's a video of a full druid raid pretty much one shotting each Naxx boss with mass aoe.

Mana return is ridiculously good, raid utility excellent.

In summary, this hybrid can replace any pure dps class, mages and warlocks are dead.

And as someone noted, they are being buffed yet again. This OPness of Balance specs just shows you how truly out of control and unprofessional Blizzard's QA team is.
    LAWL do you play a mage or a warlock?

The video you talked about is from when there was a glitch with typhoon, which has been fixed.

You will still have a spot and will not be dead... you just have to earn it and don't get to go JUST BECAUSE you have the talents/abilities that put out more dmg. Now you have to be a decent player too

Dual spec is gona rock so much, AoE spec and Nuke spec. Balance tree seems less bloated now We will be able to get all the fun things in life, typhoon, treeants, brambles, starfall. And still Be next to last on dps on bosses. \o/

I just love misinterpretations like this one.

Fully raid buffed:

-Food
    -Flask
    -Oils
    -CoE
    -Misery
    -And various other smaller buffs.
    i m assuming the first starfire you cast is calculated before earth and moon

EDIT:

I dont have CoE or misery on a normal basis.... well maybe coe.... the last time i saw a shadow priest was in pvp
    All of Time and Space, Everything that has happened or will happened, Where do you want to start?

"If you ever see a rogue, either rogue is overgear or the rogue has problems"

Quote Originally Posted by Darshy
    Seeing as how moonkin are doing as much, if not more dps than mages now, and blizz has said they are happy with moonkin performance...
    Zomg, Darshy's whining again...oh wait, no surprise there.

I just love misinterpretations like this one.

Fully raid buffed:

-Food
    -Flask
    -Oils
    -CoE
    -Misery
    -And various other smaller buffs.

Ptr unbuffed:

-E&M which replaces CoE and Misery, adding a total of 18% increased DPS. Not so totally unbuffed then.

If you truly want to test the differences completely unbuffed, then don't take E&M. Else your comparison is flawed.

The difference between unbuffed and raidbuffed in WotLK will be alot smaller then it was in TBC.

To all the morons with their OPQQ: We should be on par with other casters dps-wise. Get used to it.
    still, raidbuffs add a lot. I can think of flask, oil, food, shaman totem and mage's critbuff

being on par with other casters is one thing, being able to compete with other casters while in considerably worse gear is another. that's just from personal experience @ 70 dummies, perhaps it'll be different in raids, whether it is at lvl 70 or 80, I guess we'll find out soon

I'm not even gonna read past page 1 before I have to reply to the OPQQ I see being thrown around. The problem is BAD druids that were eigther A) Resto on live B) Raiding nothing higher than Kara on live or C) Don't even have a druid are posting like they know something about boomkins and what they are capable of come patch time. YES, I have a swp geared boomkin and with the right glyphs (starfire and moonfire glyph) and spec (basicly still the same cast rotation as live xpt starfire permanently refreshes moonfire) I can sustain 2200-2500 dps self buffed with a sup. wiz oil equiped on the lvl 70 target dummies in sw/darn. HOWEVER other players in equal gear and skill can do a little < = or > dps than I.
    Surv hunters in the right gear can pull a consistant 3k dps now yet you don't hear ppl QQ'ing about hunters o_0. Like I said the problem is there are too many subpar players on the ptr posting on the forums.
    ??? <-- Don't be this guy o_0