what do you guys think about guardian spirit ?

guardian spirit or spirit ???

Re: what do you guys think about guardian spirit ?

I personally like the talent.

It prevents a target from dieing if a large amount of damage is possible, cant think of a good example though, perhaps Illidan if you miss a trap?

Also it says 40%+ healing, im assuming from all heals, not just yours so it allows you to take some focus off the MT and help with raid, which is also nice

Don't forget the guardian spirit also gives you a 5% spirit increase.

You try getting a 5% stat boost for one talent point anywhere else
    >:7

Full Bloggage: - http://nuronv.wordpress.com
    Micro Blogs: - http://twitter.com/nuron_v

Quote Originally Posted by Nuronv

Nurv, I think you mean Spirit of Redemption.

But to the OP, I think GS is still lackluster... more situational. Stomp on Brutallus for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuronv

Zomg.

You're talking about the wrong talent, first off.

And secondly, the 80 spirit you get from divine spirit is well more than a 5% spirit increase. So there.

Your right i did....now if only i could edit my post so i don't look a fool...

Einzweidrei look at derevka's reply to see home to come across in a more courteous manner.

Anyway, back on track Guardian Spirit is a very good ability. Its yet another tool in priests arsenal and the perfect "oh shit" button. Shaffer is also right, you can use it to give yourself bit of leeway to heal people other than the MT.

Though to be honest i would try both and see which one fits your Style and situation best, if someone else in your guild/raid has spirit there isn't much point having it as well
    >:7

Full Bloggage: - http://nuronv.wordpress.com
    Micro Blogs: - http://twitter.com/nuron_v

q) do i like guardian spirit?
    a) yes, its a nice ability to have, preventing a killing blow and increasing healing to the target are great.

q) would you take it?
    a) sure, if i were to venture that deep in holy i would take this over spirit, cant go in that deep and not grab the icing on the cake ofcourse.

q) do you think its an appropriate talent for holy as 51 pointer?
    a) hell NO!

q) omg why not?! you just said you would take it, wtf is wrong with you!? >
    a) nothing is wrong, but the talent does not belong in this tree, in fact i dont think it belongs in any tree.. blizzard have said they want holy to be the raid heal tree, and with CoH, lightwell being fixed, i feel they have taken a good step in the right direction, and heck i even like holy nova as trainable, for some AoE and (mana intensive) panic button-ish healing for disc and perhaps shadow when needed..

but guardian spirit is single target only, by giving priests this talent and raid leaders possibly insisting priests take it for when the going gets tough.. they seem like they cant make up their mind, do you want a raid healer with efficiency and viability or do you want a single target healer they slaps down lightwell and throws out a CoH every now and then??

i honestly cant figure out this inconsistency, to go from raid/group heal to such a clear single target spam panic button heal, it boggles my mind.

------

now i might be ranting, and i probably am, but can someone please explain this, how am i supposed to look at this?

tnx.

Quote Originally Posted by 2OfDiamonds
    i honestly cant figure out this inconsistency, to go from raid/group heal to such a clear single target spam panic button heal, it boggles my mind.

------

now i might be ranting, and i probably am, but can someone please explain this, how am i supposed to look at this?
    The reason is, that a holy priest is the one healer with the biggest arsenal of most diverse spells. We are not a "Raid Healer" or a "Single Target Healer". We are both.

In case someone still believes that BS about disc being the single-target specc and holy being the raid specc: If you even have to think whether disc will beat holy in single target performance -- guess what happens to their raid performance?

Priests right now mostly benefit from being able to do any and all jobs that might come up in a raid.
    Need an ae-healer at RoS? Check.
    Need Hots and single-target healing at Archimonde? Check.
    Still want to be able to heal the raid there? Check.

Guardian Spirit feels like our Natures Swiftness, its better but in a different way, same cooldown and cheap as hell.
    A life saver, being the tank, the retri paladin or yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by 2OfDiamonds
    blizzard have said they want holy to be the raid heal tree
    Say whaaaat? They never said that. They were talking about how they want Discipline to be a viable raid-healing tree, if you're perhaps remembering it incorrectly. They were also discussing viability of Holy in arena combat, if I recall correctly.

Blue post said Holy tree is being aimed at being the raid healer and disc is being the tank healer.

However they also said Holy would be ok in PvP, so hey ^^

Back on topic; I like the talent, sure its nothing 'OMG WOW' however on the easy fights, trash, etc etc etc you can just throw it on as soon as its out of cooldown for a nice boost in healing so you can relax. If its a boss fight and you know for a fact in a certian part it hits hard and you want to make sure the tank survives, or if a healer gets CCed and anything else in that area, you can just throw it on and your safe for a while.

Personally I like it, however it would be nice to see some more effect, not sure what at the moment tho, I would have to get back to you on that one.

Deleted

its just great for an "oh shit" button! I mean when you have bosses that hit for 6k-9k there is just no point in using flash heal or PW:S cause it wont save the tank if he gets hit again, its just a waste of the GCD. But with an 2.5 GH you just take too much time casting to be an effective life saver ...

Imagine the following "Oh Shit" makro:

/target "MT"
    /cast Guardian Spirit
    /targetlasttarget

You are still Raidhealer but with fail save when Palas mess up.

I love this spell, the possibilities are almost endless

Here are a few I have thought of:
    i) Tank is taking heavy damage and ofcourse, not sure if he will pull through. Guardian Spirit will make all heals do 40% more and keep him safe for 10 seconds. Pretty self explanatory.

ii) Lots of mobs are coming over to you and your fade is still on a cooldown. This will help make sure you don't die while everyone clambers to protect you.

iii) In PvP you can use it on someone who is the focus of everyones attacks. You might not be able to heal them yet, but this will keep them alive long enough for you to have a much better chance.

iv) Use it on yourself in PvP for a "second life" so to speak.

v) A squishie person takes aggro. Place guardian spirit on them to keep them safe while you charge up a big or quick heal.

vi) Mage or Warlock is AoEing and suddenly 10+ mobs are about to start hitting him. This could be the only way to save him (Think of a BoP effect)

Probably more that I can't think of right now.

Basically, I think of guardian spirit as not only a healing buff for 10 seconds, but also as a super power word: shield which has a 100% chance of not letting the person die before you can throw a heal on them. Or even a different version of BoP.

Verdict for me so far: I love it!