Poll: What class to roll

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Which pure dps class?

Quote Originally Posted by FuzioN
    Hunter for sure im kinda sure they will be op, getting to much love most hunters are noobs, And moaning about stuff cant belivie it. that they complain
    ...wow
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

WotLK is the Great Homogenizer.

All classes are pure.

All classes are hybrids.

All classes bring utility to raids.

There's the big picture for you.

i play a hunter, but if i had the time and patience to roll another dps class, id do a mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kosic
    Priest 2x healing tree, 1x dps tree
    nub never heard of pew pew pew smite smite pew smite????
    so it is more like 2xhealingt three, 2x dps tree :P it is only about how you click the tree :P

Its really dependent on what you want, I know its not as easy as saying I want to do ranged caster or be melee up front. For me my biggest issue I have is peoples perception, I play a Warlock in BT/Hyjal and you have a constant onslaught of people calling us OP, healers complaining about Life Tap, saying we face roll and general nonsense that refuses to go away. As a Hunter people will often assume you're a huntard before they see you do anything, people always question if you know how to trap, tell you how to play your class etc. As a Rogue you can brag about your DPS but the simple fact is nobody really gives a damn and sometimes we wish you'd go back to ganking lowbies in hillsbrad or what not. As a Mage you'll be expected to Sheep, lowbie alts asking for ports to shat, people asking you for portals and always be lower than Locks on the DPS meters.

Outside of that its somewhat each class has there good and bad things: Warlocks are really effective for Soloing, can go on for ever but can get tedious for PvP. Mages have the most utility, are more fun than Locks to PvP with but become stagnant at times. Rogues are fun if you play on a PvP server but the whole positioning thing and dealing with stealth takes some getting used to. Never played a Huntard beyond level 7? Maybe I should level one hrmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Realmadrid
    We don't care if its better (it obviously aint) but he asked for PURE DPS, not HYBRID so you FAIL
    A hybrid is a class that can Heal PLUS Dps at the SAME time..

I dont' see any of the healing/dps classes able to achieve this. As enhance/ret or feral there is no possible way to dps for half the fight and pick up healing slack.. it just isn't happening.

A hybrid would be like a crap ass build w/ 35 pts in heal tree and 36 pts in dps tree.. that would be a "hybrid".

As a matter of fact a warlock can effectively give more healing to a raid on a boss fight with drain life on himself and healthstones than enhance/ret/feral could even get close too.

In wrath they can switch specs... but in essence when they switch they are going either PURE healing or PURE dps... not a hybrid. I'm sorry but you are all idiots. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Javy
    Rogue! ENERGY>>>MANA.

Rogues bring consistent, survivable and endless DPS. We have a fluid and interactive DPS cycle depending on procs and timing. Kick, Dismantle, Sap, Tricks of the Trade, Savage Combat, Blade Twisting and poisons are solid contributions yet for the most part we don't do anything but DPS. Along with other stuns we control fights and we can ratchet up the DPS in a heartbeat. The class everyone loves to hate...
    Actually if you play a warlock well you can have consistent, survivable and endless DPS - life tap for mana and heal yourself. The same with a hunter if you don't mind dropping dps a little for auto shotting whilst AotV regens you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zethyr
    How do you figure that? I made a mage and levelled it to 70, and it's the most boring raiding I've had ever. Even my holy paladin requires more buttons and concentration (by far). =P
    Every heard of Destro warlock raiding? ... 1 button spam no one can say that is it more intrigueing than fire mage...

Lucifurious

i love playing my warlock. i remember right after i had hit 70 i was in netherstorm and i took out dimensius the all devouring by myself (well, with the npcs that came along too). in case you were wondering that is a 5man group quest. so yeah, i can understand how some people think locks are overpowered. i just tend to think they rock. but i also love playing my rogue. there's just something undeniably cool about jumping out of the shadows to ambush people. i have the most fun pvping with my rogue, but when it comes to raiding i'll take my lock for the extra utility (SS, HS, a little CC and 20% threat reduction with my imp out, even though they're taking that away in the next patch with the new talent trees)

its all a preference of which u want to play, hunter is the highest dps class (even blizz have agreed)
    the lock is up there close on the tail.
    the mage is getting tweaked.
    and the rogue, if played right will be inbetween them (unless ur one of the three that cant rogue it ;p)

how can ppl argue about what class is pure and which isnt, a 3 year old would know the difference. just because u play in a dps spec as a healer, doesent mean the heal button, or even the taunt button are locked so u are unable to press them does it? o.o
    blizzard made this game and they call the above 4 classes pure dps, yet u say its to do with spec and not class? so basically the 2 year olds in here are calling the makers of the game liars for saying 'pure dps'?

rogue = no raid utility = the only pure dps class? yes no?

and subtely isnt a dps tree :S is survival

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Drumaroth
    rogue = no raid utility = the only pure dps class? yes no?

and subtely isnt a dps tree :S is survival
    rogue get raid utility tomorrow
    Paper is fine, Rock is overpowered!
    - Scissors

Quote Originally Posted by Ehostaja
    Every heard of Destro warlock raiding? ... 1 button spam no one can say that is it more intrigueing than fire mage...
    since this is the wotlk discussion forum I'm going to have to disagree with your outdated view on warlock raiding. Just take a look at some of the new warlock dps builds and spell rotations. It makes mage raiding look like child's play.

I voted for mage, but hunters are AMAZING also. they dont do 3.2k dps on brut for no reason XD
    but is actually quit boring to play after some time i enjoy my mage more because it actually takes some level of skill to do good DPS vs. just rolling your mouse wheel for 6 hours with the occasional misdirect or bestial wrath :

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by abnormal
    Just take a look at some of the new warlock dps builds and spell rotations. It makes mage raiding look like child's play.
    this is true

I think the point the OP was making is what class should he choose to do the most DPS... Because a PURE DPS class(note- CLASS, not SPEC) should always do more DPS than a non-pure dps class.

That being said, I believe mages will be getting more potential raid slots opened for them(ie more than 1 mage per sunwell group...) in wotlk so it wont be too grim of a fate if you want to do end games as a mage.

Still, from what I have heard, the most dps is hunters and locks in wotlk. I still believe mages are more fun than locks(i almost never play my lock anymore).

A suggestion to you, go test them out on PTR(when it re-opens) or on private servers. This gives you a great idea of the play style of a class you have yet to play, without all the effort.

Because a PURE DPS class(note- CLASS, not SPEC) should always do more DPS than a non-pure dps class.
    EVERY class will be able to do similiar dps when wotlk comes, or atleast thats their goal.
    cause when they shared all the party buffs other "unpure" DPS classes had, they decided to make all classes be viable to do similiar dps, to make it fair.

so NO, a "pure dps" class will not be better at dps than other dps specs.
    why should U be better to do dps than my enhancement shaman?
    i also ONLY dps, i never heal in raids, i never tank, only dps. now as they have shared all the very nice shaman buffs to other classes aswell, what u think would happen to most of us if we couldnt do similiar dps with u?

i think u get my point. when wotlk comes out, things change.

Warlock, affliction. At least you have more than 3 buttons compared to hunter and mage (can't speak for rogues here since I've never played one).

I think that the Death Knight would be fun, but I'm not sure it's a pure DPS.

In any event I voted mage, because not only do they DPS, they can teleport/portal, buff with INT, and make water/food... YUM!

Waiting on zeps really really sucks. Might as well plan your zep trips on bio breaks or something.

Quote Originally Posted by jkw
    I still fail to see the OP's point, and yours for that matter.
    If you take a class into a raid/group to DPS, then he's there to DPS.
    Pure DPS is only a way of defining the four classes that can do nothing but DPS or CC, they can not tank or heal in a EFFICIENT way. Those four classes would be Mage, Hunter, Rogue, and Warlock. Anything else is a Hybrid class. Warriors can tank or DPS. Paladins and Druids can DPS, Tank, or Heal. Shamans can DPS or Heal. Priests can DPS or Heal. Death Knights can tank and DPS. Since they have a choice at what they can do, they are Hybrids. Pure DPS is only a way to sort out classes that can do nothing but DAMAGE, regardless of specs, its not trying to argue that a Spriest or Ret Paladin or Boomkin are not DPS classes, they just aren't the four PURE/ONLY DPS classes. :P

Quote Originally Posted by jackfruit
    I think that the Death Knight would be fun, but I'm not sure it's a pure DPS.
    Seeing as Death Knights can tank and DPS, they would not be considered Pure DPS even though they do alot of DPS even when tanking and two of their builds are designed for maximum DPS.

Personally I would say it all comes down to taste... And when that is the case I would say Hunter, however with the recent blow up of half the stuff they had in Beta and what not, I would be inclined to change to the Rogue or Warlock... The Survival tree was looking hopeful to be the new thing for hunters over BM until it got nuked to kingdom come and certain parts of Mark. Combat for Rogues though looks amazing.

However it all boils down to a few questions... Do you want to do Melee or Ranged DPS? If its Melee, then rogue. If its ranged then ask, do you want to do Physical or Magical Damage? If its Physical, then Hunter of course. If its Magical, then it boils down to Warlock and Mage, which can be a tough choice. With the current changes to Affliction, I would personally take Warlock seeing as they will be doing a hell of alot of damage with their DoTs with Haunt come Wrath. Again it all boils down to preference.

I will not choose one, cause I don't want to be for blame when you get through WotLK and find out you hated a class cause other people picked it for you... Hope you find a good DPS that you like. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Darshy
    people who tell you to pick druid are purposely ignoring the "which PURE dps class" part because, honestly, it doesn't matter anymore. and seeing as how blizz is "happy" with boomkin dps, and rets are "working as intended," the pures are becoming absolete.
    Oh man, someone call the wambulance.