1. #1

    Traquilizing shot

    How about traquilizing shot burning rage or energy? Given hunter difficulties with rogues and warrios close up I d prefer that than a random magic effect.

  2. #2

    Re: Traquilizing shot

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntrex
    How about traquilizing shot burning rage or energy? Given hunter difficulties with rogues and warrios close up I d prefer that than a random magic effect.
    Your idea seems pretty good, since the Hunter classe's main problem is trying to stay alive from melee. However rage and energy are too easy to get back. Even if it drained 100% of rage/energy, in a couple seconds it would be like that didn't even matter.

    My idea is this: "Fires a Tranquilizing Shot, reducing the Rage or Energy generation rate of your target by 50% for 10 seconds as well as removing one beneficial magical effect."

    Overpowered or not? The idea just came off the top of my head, let me know what you think.

  3. #3

    Re: Traquilizing shot

    Sounds good to me. Wont help with frost mages getting close and personal (their frost blot, ice lance, arcane explosion death to hunters), or melee shammey but might give us a slighlty better change against rogues and warriors (and any chance is better than none).

  4. #4

    Re: Traquilizing shot

    Quote Originally Posted by DrBob3002
    My idea is this: "Fires a Tranquilizing Shot, reducing the Rage or Energy generation rate of your target by 50% for 10 seconds as well as removing one beneficial magical effect."

    Overpowered or not? The idea just came off the top of my head, let me know what you think.
    That sounds pretty interesting, actually

  5. #5

    Re: Traquilizing shot

    Yes, anything which allowed us to have a remote chance against melee must be op.

    As it stands, if there's another class with a dispel any hunter using tranq shot for dispelling magic should be dropped from the raid. That leaves only the enrage removal, and from what I've heard it's about as common in LK as it is in BC (i.e. once in a blue moon).


  6. #6

    Re: Traquilizing shot

    Tranquilizing Shot: Cooldown reduced to 15 seconds (down from 20), and now dispels Enrage and Magic effects

    This is what it already do.

  7. #7

    Re: Traquilizing shot

    Quote Originally Posted by kashawak
    if by interesting you mean massively overpowered, then yes.
    it wouldnt be op
    and yes im a warrior

    and i have lost ANY fight to a hunter for over a year
    its just free frag to me , so by all means buff hunters vs warrs
    Quote Originally Posted by Darhaja
    bad math ur doing 1.5.... its 150%* sooo 100 haste rating = 250 after the buff* or 300 haste rating 150% = 750 haste dunno how u got 1.5 or 15% anywhere its giving u 150% more haste from the haste u already have why do ppl try to always complicate things.

  8. #8

    Re: Traquilizing shot

    Quote Originally Posted by kashawak
    you've clearly never played a rogue/warrior/feral druid if you're suggesting it wouldn't be OP to slow their regeneration by 50%. it would be a massacre.
    Well yes, but at least a massacre which gave the hunter a slim chance compared to the slaughter we have right now.

    (Hint: I have a level 70 druid too)

  9. #9
    Legendary! Spl4sh3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,787

    Re: Traquilizing shot

    still should remove enrage

  10. #10

    Re: Traquilizing shot

    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceball
    Tranquilizing Shot: Cooldown reduced to 15 seconds (down from 20), and now dispels Enrage and Magic effects
    Still removes enrage (but I wonder if its just 1 or the other?)

  11. #11

    Re: Traquilizing shot

    There seems to be some confusion on the new Tranquilizing shot. I believe Blizzard stated they are turning all "Enrage" effects to be considered "Frenzies", but changing tranquilizing shot to dispel only enrages now (and dispel a buff). I'm not sure why they did the swap with Enrage/Frenzy though.

    I'm sure it's hard for Blizzard to balance the hunter class. Disengage is a great ability and will have it's uses, but when it comes down to it, you have to be EXTREMELY careful when fighting melee or else you are a free HK. And this is while the melee half-asses it (because they can, that's how easy it is to kill hunters now).

  12. #12

    Re: Traquilizing shot

    How about Tranq shot

    Increases global cooldown by 0.2 seconds?

    Edit: Yikes! That would decrease the dps of most classes by 15%, 20% for rogues! It would also add harm pve by that amount...

    Lower it to 0.15 seconds, make it only despell npcs. New Idea:

    Tranquilizing Shot:
    Tranquilizing Shot that increases players global cooldown by 0.15 seconds lasts 10 seconds. Also removes one Magic or Enrage (or berserk, or frenzy or whatever one it is) effect. 30 second cooldown...

  13. #13

    Re: Traquilizing shot

    Because ya know, hunters dont have enough crap already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

    TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

  14. #14
    I am Murloc! Balduvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,467

    Re: Traquilizing shot

    Specc BM if you have hard times vs warriors/rogues. You should be able to kill them with 2 fingers in your nose, your eyes closed and by only clicking as BM

  15. #15

    Re: Traquilizing shot

    Meh, I disagree with Tranq shot removing/reducing regen on rage and energy, but it would be nice to see an additional component to Viper Sting that affects rage and energy. Let's face it, I'm assuming Viper Sting inflicts a target with a viper-like venom, so it's logical to assume it would slow a person's regeneration down as well.

    But what do I know. I'm just a shaman.

  16. #16

    Re: Traquilizing shot

    Dont care where energy/rage reduction happens from - but tranq shot seems a good name for something thta doe sit.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •