Thread: Enchanters

Enchanters

I dont wanna start a QQ thread but anyone else feel that the homogenizing of giving every profession a form of a self enchant is kinda taking away from idea of enchanting?

Vanilla - enchanters were the only way to get enchants on your gear asides from head and leg slot available from ZG rep or the Librams, or Naxx for shoulder enchants / AD rep for FR / NR / SR gear.
    TBC - LW and Tailors gained the ability to do leg enchants (Very happy about this one, getting ZG enchants was a bit of a pain in the ass originally) And head enchants went to various faction reps, enchanting gets ring self enchants
    WOTLK - Every profession you can shake a stick at has their own set of enchants, and hell some of them are better stat wise that taking enchanting itself.

I love the idea of some enchants for professions
    BS adding gem sockets, especially the waist slot, and weapon slot
    Engineering doing your own whimsical enchants
    Tailoring doing cloak enchants that are improved versions of what enchanters can do

but after looking over LW bracer enchant and Inscriptions shoulders, I'm asking myself, "why are other professions getting better self enchants then enchanters do themselves?"
    Beauty now spawns with only two pups in Heroic difficulty. Not to worry though, the missing pup has been adopted by a wonderful, if not insane family.

I'm glad that Blizzard cares about the little things...

Re: Enchanters

i totally agree, i like that all professions do more than allow you to make stuff for others, granting u "enchants" for having the profession is great but enchanters are rly getting screwed here. the spell power on ring enchants is very crappy upgrade, and enchanters should by default have better stats enchants and other professions should have "special" enchants like tailoring cloak "enchant" or engineering. inscription and lw'ing shouldnt be that high or should do something else other than give straight stats.

Mechagnome

Quote Originally Posted by yawn
    i totally agree, i like that all professions do more than allow you to make stuff for others, granting u "enchants" for having the profession is great but enchanters are rly getting screwed here. the spell power on ring enchants is very crappy upgrade, and enchanters should by default have better stats enchants and other professions should have "special" enchants like tailoring cloak "enchant" or engineering. inscription and lw'ing shouldnt be that high or should do something else other than give straight stats.
    They should honestly add neck enchants and be done with it.

neck and waist, especially now bs's will be socketing belts.

welcome to world of balancecraft