Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Readiness & BW/TBW

So ive been hearing conflicting reports on whether or not Readiness resets the CD on BW and im hoping someone can confirm either way.

Re: Readiness & BW/TBW

My friend on beta said it is supposed to, but I do not think it will reset BW/TBI.

Reason 1. Roughly 40 seconds unstoppable, no fear, no slows, no poisons, etc. (which is crazy OP in PvP)

Reason 2. Bestial Wrath is technically a PET ability, as the tool tip states, (Sends your PET into a bestial rage.) So technically it is not a hunter ability.

Thats why I think it wont reset, but hopefully I'm wrong =D.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

no reset in beta ATM

I haven't seen any blue posts about Readiness not resetting BW CD, and atm, it doesn't reset on Beta. My guess is it's maybe a bug or an unimplemented functionality, as they were never meant to be talented both at the same time before.

Or maybe it'd be too OP in arenas/PvP, which is something I kinda have to agree with. However, reading the Readiness tooltip, it leads me to believe BW cooldown should be reset by Readiness. At least, it'd be a very interesting feature... but I'm probably just dreaming... 36 secs of TBW is very OP.

As of the last patch readyness resets TBW/BW and Intimidation

I was shocked to see Readiness move into TBW territory because of this reason solely. It's simply too Overpowered, both in PvP and in a raid setting.

For PvP see this being a great thing but really with TBW only having something like 46 sec of down time it will mostly only be used when you just want to keep BW up for a HUGE amount of time.  I do think that it will be pretty sweet for Rapid Fire seeing as if you have Rapid Killing and Readiness you will be increasing RF's up time by 50%.

Whats even more interesting is that given that almost all BM hunters go about 20 pts into MM i think it will be VERY rare to see exotic pets. Seriously whats better a devilsaur or 2x BW+Rapidfire in a row

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nannrz
    Seriously whats better a devilsaur or 2x BW+Rapidfire in a row
    50-21 with Cat > 51+bm with devilsaur atm

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Falcon
    As of the last patch readyness resets TBW/BW and Intimidation
    Has this been confirmed? Nothing in the notes about it.

I have read Blizz considered BW/TBW a pet spell. Then the disscussion went that if it were pet spell it would be on pet bar so they have talked about changing Readiness to effect BW/TBW.

Pets have there own spell bar BW is on ours, Readiness should effect it. IMO
    Its fine to be nostalgic of Vanilla WoW, but its completely foolish to want it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanus
    Has this been confirmed? Nothing in the notes about it.
    Yes, it's confirmed a both TKASomething and ElitistJerks.

If Readiness would work with BW/TBW when wotlk goes live would be really really sweet. I hope blizz doesn't consider it too OP'd and nerfs it. As for the OP in Arena ... who cares for PVP

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

A pet ability is considered one under the Pets tab on your spell book.

The hunter is sending the pet into a rage, its not thinking "hmm, i might go into a rage now".
    Intimidation is also a hunter commanding the pet to intimidate the enemy into a rooted fear(or stun in its case).

So they are hunter abilities and thus affected by Readiness. It is of course beta/ptr and things are subject to change but by blizzards current wording BW and Intimidation resetting by Readiness is as it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Thousand
    If Readiness would work with BW/TBW when wotlk goes live would be really really sweet. I hope blizz doesn't consider it too OP'd and nerfs it. As for the OP in Arena ... who cares for PVP
    It isn't OPed. Readiness does not give you that big dps gain when compared to Longevity and BW glyph. Just look on EJs for math.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?hunt...10000000000000

BW Glyph as well of course..

PvE purely \o/.

Also allows to drop hit in gear down to 6%, 5% if you happen to have 5 draenei's in raids.

I'll see if Readiness works with BW when I get off work in 10 minutes.

Edit: Yes, it does. The movie I took of it turned out like crap because FRAPS sucks. :|
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Im smelling that this might be the next HARP spec

Atleast thats what im hoping for
    Going to run a restokin, retridin, and BM hunter combo when 3.0 goes live cc healer and nuke dps:P
    And because of Focused Aim and concentration aura there will be no push back on steady shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Terminado
    Reason 2. Bestial Wrath is technically a PET ability, as the tool tip states, (Sends your PET into a bestial rage.) So technically it is not a hunter ability.

Thats why I think it wont reset, but hopefully I'm wrong =D.
    thats a pretty damn stupid thing to say

if its a pet ability it would be a pet use only.. there's a reason why we have to trigger it off.. so its a hunter ability

because the pet doesnt use it

Koumaru

So right now I'm thinking 51 BM from 70 to 79 and a respec to 50/21 at 80. Sound like a plan?

Because 40/21 and 13 pet talent points at level 70 looks like failspec material...

Quote Originally Posted by Vegelus
    It isn't OPed. Readiness does not give you that big dps gain when compared to Longevity and BW glyph. Just look on EJs for math.
    Well, I did some math myself and you would get the following BW uptimes (assuming no latency and hitting the buttons as soon as they come off CD):

only BW: 15 % (1xBW/120secs)
    BW+Readiness: 20% (2xBW/180secs)
    BW+3/3Longevity: 21,4% (1xBW/84secs)
    BW+LV+RD: 29% (3xBW/186secs)

So, you nearly get the same uptime boost from the 1 point in Readiness as from 3 points in LV (I haven't calculated the trade from the additional Rapid Fire vs. the reduced pet abilities CD). But I think I will take both ^^

Regarding the glyph, I have to admit, that I don't know what it does XD