Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Steady Shot - Why'o Why

Steady Shot now uses ammo. In result, its bonus damage has been slightly reduced. Players can notice a damage increase based upon what ammo they use.

Steady Shot: Now has a 2.0 second cast time, up from 1.5.

Sigh.

Re: Steady Shot - Why'o Why

old

dont worry , auto shot goes off even while casting steady
    in the matter of fact , hunter currently is number 1 damage dealer in wotlk
    Quote Originally Posted by Darhaja
    bad math ur doing 1.5.... its 150% sooo 100 haste rating = 250 after the buff or 300 haste rating 150% = 750 haste dunno how u got 1.5 or 15% anywhere its giving u 150% more haste from the haste u already have why do ppl try to always complicate things.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyo
    dont worry , auto shot goes off even while casting steady
    in the matter of fact , hunter currently is number 1 damage dealer in wotlk
    Thank you sir. You are why we can have nice things.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceball
    blah blah ... demonstrated lack of class knowledge ... blah blah ... whinging comment ... blah blah
    Sigh.

They had to highen the steady shot cast time to justify more haste rating on items. In addition, windfury totem now affects ranged haste (20%).

So thats a good thing, regarding the (still) 1.5sec GCD.

Please correct me if im wrong, I have not been playing on beta realms a lot.

"A steady shot that causes unmodified weapon damage, plus ammo, plus [RAP * 0.2 + 108]." - new version of lvl 62 steady shot

"A steady shot that causes base weapon damage plus [RAP * 0.2 + 150]." - old version

Though I'm not pretty sure of these numbers, just took em from wowhead.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceball
    Steady Shot now uses ammo. In result, its bonus damage has been slightly reduced. Players can notice a damage increase based upon what ammo they use.

Steady Shot: Now has a 2.0 second cast time, up from 1.5.

Sigh.
    Yep, sigh. Once haste takes it down to 1.5s, haste then scales terrible for us

Too bad haste (rapid fire, trinekts bloodlust) of any sort don't reduce the time on steady shot firing of 2sec (atleast not on beta), but you still machine gun out auto shot if you got a ton of haste through trinkets etc (lowest I got without bloodlust is .85sec autofire, .75sec with bloodlust)

15+ Year Old Account

@gulkeeva

Maybe cause then with one Steady Shot we could fire 3 shots with enough haste to lower Auto Shot to under 1 sec ^^

Quote Originally Posted by gulkeeva
    Too bad haste (rapid fire, trinekts bloodlust) of any sort don't reduce the time on steady shot firing of 2sec (atleast not on beta), but you still machine gun out auto shot if you got a ton of haste through trinkets etc (lowest I got without bloodlust is .85sec autofire, .75sec with bloodlust)
    Wait, wait, wait... Haste effects no longer reduce steady shot casting time? So I'm going to go from a 1.1s Steady Shot to a 2.0s Steady Shot? I guess maybe once we hit 80, things might change, but for 3.0 patch this seems like it could be a fairly significant DPS nerf.

haste DOES decrease SS casting time at least they are supposed to, you just can't get it below 1.5sec due to GCD.

Quote Originally Posted by Nannrz
    haste DOES decrease SS casting time at least they are supposed to, you just can't get it below 1.5sec due to GCD.
    thats what i was trying to say - sorry, not a native speaker.
    afaik quiver bonus does not affect steady shot. but rapid fire, imp. aoth, heroism, drums and alike did. and i dont really think that, if it doesnt on ptr and beta, this is an intended change and hope it will be fixed fairly soon.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by aurigena
    thats what i was trying to say - sorry, not a native speaker.
    afaik quiver bonus does not affect steady shot. but rapid fire, imp. aoth, heroism, drums and alike did. and i dont really think that, if it doesnt on ptr and beta, this is an intended change and hope it will be fixed fairly soon.
    quiver effect the SS casting time, BM hunter (20% from SS) with a 15% quiver have ~1.45 SS casting time

anyway "uses ammo but bonus scaling is reduced" sounds like "huntards scales too much, make some change >.<"

yup.. I said beta...
    I can try to get a shaman to bloodlust me if you'd like, but I don't think we'll be seeing that 2 seconds go any lower then well.. 2 seconds.

Quick shots has no effect on steady shot either (lowers my shots down to 1.15sec

Too bad haste (rapid fire, trinekts bloodlust) of any sort don't reduce the time on steady shot firing of 2sec (atleast not on beta)
    It dosn't affect the tooltip. However, use something like Quartz to time your steady shots and you'll see the actual cast time is decreased.

Quartz doesn't work correctly in wotlk.
    Haste... does effect tooltips, atleast it does in wotlk (and does on live too for spells)

http://www.wowwiki.com/WotLK_AddOn_status

I haven't noticed haste affecting ss on beta

Quartz doesn't work correctly in wotlk.
    Haste... does effect tooltips, atleast it does in wotlk (and does on live too for spells)

http://www.wowwiki.com/WotLK_AddOn_status
    Take it up in the EJ thread then, it was concluded quite some time ago that this was the case.

http://elitistjerks.com/f31/t28573-h...ies_discussion

Page 104/105

Also, given plenty of people there have made it work, it just shows the wiki page is wrong.

Holy crap, dawn has actually linked something to backup his claim :P

Ok, so after getting the latest quartz from wowace. ya get

.8sec was fastest steady shot firing.

So... you got .7seconds excluding possible latency/human reaction speed etc, to jam something else like say.. multi shot, or you can waste MP on arcane shot... or you can just sit n mash steady shot like a madman.

Either way, the autoshot isn't interrupted.. it keeps goin unlike it does on live... so your dps isn't hurting other then the fact that global cooldown is a brickwall for steady shot dps. You could just stack agi like crazy and get more out of the steady shot damage though.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

In relation to todays frontpage aobut hunters and haste being the "B stat", Compare that to our other "B Stats" (Strength , Spirit, Mp5 and Haste itself).. I wont add in Stamina because being alive means your doing dps so i've always considered it one of the items that is nice to have, btu generally dont die.

Taking on average AotV durations on 10 man patchwerk which i got to being in for about 13-15 seconds.

Mp5 will overall reduce the time between going into AotV and being in AotH - It will however not decrease the time in AoTV

AotV is based on base weapon speed and not hasted weapon speed so it reduces the time in AoTV getting from 0 - full mana. I havent won any Naxx gear to test any of the haste gear and my guild JCer on beta does not have any haste gems either i'm afraid so i'm purely going into guessing here.

Obviously we dont want Str and Spirit on our gear so I guess what matters is:

Haste vs Mp5, with Aspect Mastery talent we're talkign 40% duration, with 4pc t7 we're talking again more haste under AotV(unless that set bonus has changed) so overall the time in aspect of th viper can be greatly reduced so we are in our full dps AoTH longer.

As we know Steady shot is hindered by the 1.5gcd which SS and Quiver and WF take the cast time well below that so haste CANNOT cause us to go through our mana faster. Haste CAN however increase the auto shot time proccing JoW lengthening the amount of time until we are in AoTV a lot, it can speed the duration of 0 -> full mana in AoTV allowing us to be in AotH for longer.

So out of all our B stats haste is probably in fact stronger than mp5 is.