So Which is it GC, unbalanced or pretty simliar dps?

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Death Knight (Skills List / Talent Calc. (9061))
    Tree balancing and Unholy damage
    We have Blood, Frost and Unholy at pretty similar dps at the moment so I'm not sure why Blood would feel underpowered for you guys. Bloody Vengeance alone gives Blood a big boost to white damage, while Frost really doesn't have much that can compete.

Gargoyle does do nice burst damage, but that's at the expense of Unholy Blight usually, which in turn hurts your Scourge Strikes. But we are messing with Unholy now to deflate its damage a little. (Source)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Low dodge % in WotLK
    I seem to be having trouble coming up with a way to explain it that makes sense to you. We don't want you to have as much dodge as a rogue or a druid or a tank. If you have great offense and great defense then we're not sure how to balance you. We want you to run away when someone gets close, not stand and take the hits. Mages Blink or Ice Block or Frost Nova to get away from melee. We gave hunters Disengage to try to do the same thing. Note that we don't want it to be an automatic get of jail free card -- sometimes we want the melee to kill you. Maybe they still kill you too much, but it's hard for us to tell if that's a hunter failing or Retadins and Unholy DKs doing too much burst damage. Hunters without LOS issues seem to be able to kill stuff just fine, so it may be that is your Arena weakness and not melee getting up in your stuff. (Source)

Alright, for the last few weeks GC has had a common refrain she likes to throw out there whenever she mentions class balance, and that of course includes us. First it was, "no one thinks ret and unholy is balanced", and now it's, "We can't tell if your class sucks or Ret and Unholy are doing too much burst"

Why lump us in with the supposed other "Unbalanced" spec, Unholy day after day, then turn around and say well "Unholy blood and frost are doing pretty similar dps."

Which is it woman?

Are only Unholy Dks and Ret paladins killing hunters atm? does she just enjoy watching ret squirm?, does her day not start off right unless she's making fun of holy's 51 "talent"?

P.S.

The pink line sorta seems to be where we find ourselves, if the QQ can be believed. So basically ret could once again be in a state where Blizzard admittedly is "not sure how to balance [us]."

edited: changed the subject a tad.

Face Tomorrow - Overpowered http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YH6E5aOTgc I am overpowered...

Re: So Which is it GC, OP'ed or pretty simliar dps?

DPS and burst damage are not the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Skuta
    DPS and burst damage are not the same thing.
    Pretty much end of thread right here. The whole point of all this hand-wringing over Ret is that their DPS should be competitive in PVE/raid environments without the burst/control aspect of it being too strong in PVP.

If i swing for 600 every second, i do 600 DPS
    if i swing for 36000 every minute, I do 600 DPS

whose dps is higher?
    who is more likely to one shot you and make you cry on the forums?
    WoTLK made it so every idiot in the world can get raid gear and prove to the world that gear isn't everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Avermra
    whose dps is higher?
    who is more likely to one shot you and make you cry on the forums?
    Chuck Norris

I think the point of first post to compare differences between DK`s own specs. Take rogues as a example and compare assasination and combat spec dps difference, it is a real issue if one spec dominates other`s making the 2 other`s gimmick.

im looking at this from pve perspective

ive seen some videos so far and tbh for example the one pulling on dummy targets looks quite normal to me, i dont really see what people have to complain, he pulls 3.5-5k crits. i pull atm in bt 3.5 crits up to 4.5 with wings activated, which would mean that overall i gain 1000 on crits, not really that much imo.

ofcourse i neglect to mention our first real aoe (from retri point of view) as concecration works great for prot palas, and all this whining is about what,

rogues have bladflurry, warriors whirlwind, shamans have a thunderbolt that skips to other targets. ok its nice that it crits for 5k but what the hell, ill assume the other classes abilities will go up aswell.

and last there is this 10k heal which goes around, people have to concider that first of all 1 x 10k heal does not mean every heal is 10k, 2nd plz think about the fact that we gain a lot of spellpower if we put tallents in there, this will raise our healing ability, and last atm i got 10k health, i can crit heal for 3.5k = 1/3
    well walk around with what 25-30k health, so 10k is about 1/3, no changes there as far as i can see

Stood in the Fire DaveTheHunter's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Iradain
    Chuck Norris
    /thread

Re: So Which is it GC, unbalanced or pretty simliar dps?

GC = male.