Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41

    Re: Upcoming retribution nerfs

    im sorry but until paladin players level up to 80 and the attacks and stats change their/our dps is gunna be the way it is at lvl 70.

    want to help fix it? really? then remove seal of command because its proc's are causing our burst dmg to become f*ing rape dmg.

    It will mellow down like the 1.12 ->2.0.1 talent trees (41pts) did back 2yrs ago. Shamans got their rank 14 self's to DW and they pwn'd warriors. Affliction locks in T2-3, rank 13 gear placed 5 dots and /lol@target till they died.

    its ok, and it will be ok...stop QQing

  2. #42

    Re: Upcoming retribution nerfs

    Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo
    Interrupt or not 7 sec stun on 20 sec cd with that burst is ridicilously op. Repeatance ain`t exactly long cooldown... Art of war ain`t that op but it`s combination of all that which makes retri`s op really. They outheal hunters if they are not being kited in barrens, and have unmatchable burst atm. They just gotta make the dmg more steady, no way around it.
    So what your proposing is we just stand there next to our enemy and auto attack, cs and divine storm?
    Apparently you have forgotten that we CANNOT heal as ret (as of right now, not in wrath)unless you wanna lose all you dps cause of no mana.
    Our burst is NOT even a sure thing... it comes down to a command proc on out auto attack and cs. Even that is moderate unless they crit. most of the time, I can open up for about 3k damage in the first 2 seconds of being on them. Also the rest of the time we are waiting on cds. The only time we get huge bursts that you all complain about is "once in a while" when we get all the procs that also crit. This can be in excess of 7k, But like i said not very often.

    So if you wanna nerf burst damage then drastically increase the proc rate of Soc to be more reliable.
    Xphius 80 Paladin
    Xanxic 80 Druid
    Xzain 80 DeathKnight
    Karvex 80 Hunter

  3. #43

    Re: Upcoming retribution nerfs

    10k+ crit ain`t healing?

  4. #44

    Re: Upcoming retribution nerfs

    Yeah I like the idea of nerf our burst and in exchange, give us more constant damage output.

    Maybe give us more offensive moves...that would make it more fun... :P


    I am not that good I know...

  5. #45
    yiptastic
    Guest

    Re: Upcoming retribution nerfs

    Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo
    Kidney shot is 6 sec stun on 20 sec cd, BUT it requires you to build up 5 cp`s before use so you just can`t make focus macros stun the enemy healer and wtf pawn he`s team mate and blind him right after. Ret can do that shit in 1 min cycles.

    cough gouge, kick, cheap shot, shadow step, shadow dance, preparation...

    those are all undispellable. the last three aren't stuns, but allow the rogue to stun lock you for a full 30 sec. Why it matters? cos when it's used properly, you can guarantee a kill with it while stunlocking the target.

    I'm sorry mate. If you are gonna compare paladins stun to rogues' stuns, you are on for getting flamed. with THAT kind of stunlock, you don't need burst to kill someone. really. But sadly, rogues have the burst as well. get me?

  6. #46
    yiptastic
    Guest

    Re: Upcoming retribution nerfs

    Quote Originally Posted by Atomica
    Dude Im getting really sick of these post so Im just going to quickly /close it.

    For anyone that had played beta Ret paladin's scale terribly from 70-80.

    We are where we are sposed to be at in terms of overall raid damage etc.

    As for PvP, I admit that it does look OP, but a warlock's set of DoT's can take out a class without any dispels. The fact blizzard is focusing the new patches and xpac solely on burst damage is wrong....but hey it gets rid of the 15 minute wankfests that go on in arena. All classes will slowly be brought up to par..in all honesty its not only the ret paladin damage..its the fact they have alot of utility now..just like Resto Druids have always had in arena.

    Try being a Holy paladin and competing with those bastards, embrace ret paladins and stop trying to cut your own balls off. After seeing all these posts it's as if you want them to nerf you.

    dunno why, but we had the scalablity problem during the transition from vanilla to BC.

    maybe they will balance us we most people hit 80? man, I'm gonna hate it, but it might happen. But that's a problem unsolved.


  7. #47

    Re: Upcoming retribution nerfs

    Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo
    10k+ crit ain`t healing?
    This can't possibly be true at 70. I am full s3 with some s4 pieces and my holy light crits for 6k with a 0/5/56 build.
    YOU FACE NOT MALCHEZAR ALONE, BUT THE LEGIONS I COMMAND!

  8. #48

    Re: Upcoming retribution nerfs

    Quote Originally Posted by exphius
    So what your proposing is we just stand there next to our enemy and auto attack, cs and divine storm?
    Apparently you have forgotten that we CANNOT heal as ret (as of right now, not in wrath)unless you wanna lose all you dps cause of no mana.
    Our burst is NOT even a sure thing... it comes down to a command proc on out auto attack and cs. Even that is moderate unless they crit. most of the time, I can open up for about 3k damage in the first 2 seconds of being on them. Also the rest of the time we are waiting on cds. The only time we get huge bursts that you all complain about is "once in a while" when we get all the procs that also crit. This can be in excess of 7k, But like i said not very often.

    So if you wanna nerf burst damage then drastically increase the proc rate of Soc to be more reliable.
    im sorry i slightly, SLIGHTLY misworded a little part of my 2 sence. So instead changing what i wrote ill just rephrase.

    My original post was to someone that was calling all our new abilities OP and to clearify by my post i replied with the above. But to twink it a little better i will say this.

    As of right now Paladins have a few decent cd's and besides for auto attack have a judge and crusader strike on CD's. Now if everything we got is "overpowered" what do you want us to do? auto attack, divine storm, crusader strike? What if we go agaist any other class with none of our new abilities? You expect us to stun you once over the entire duration of the fight and hope that we get lucky procs AND crits to maybe outdps you...WHILE you stun/fear/kite/snare/trap us the fuck back? Come on, half the skills we have are all situational and the abilities we are getting are ALSO situational.

    I dont see us insta-healing as ret on DEMAND, or perma stunning (also dr is now a factor since the reduction in cd of hoj). I will also add that half our talents we got are just increasing our crit damage slightly and increasing our crit chance on 2 fucking abilites(execute ZOMG WTF QQ MORE, and judgement on a 8 second cd AFTER speccing imp judgement) Hell this isnt even an equal telent comapred to most other classes talents of the same teir.
    Example being(just a few off the bat) Warrior- increases damage of slam, ww, and bloodthirst by 10 percent. Or warlocks everlasting affliction talent. Now lets compare that to our 25 percent increase crit damage on Only judge and divine storm. Sorry but i would rather have increase damage by 10 percent on lets say judge cs and ds. there no comparision.

    So for fuck sakes, quit the qq and learn to play your class, because this is really getting pathetic of you people.
    Xphius 80 Paladin
    Xanxic 80 Druid
    Xzain 80 DeathKnight
    Karvex 80 Hunter

  9. #49

    Re: Upcoming retribution nerfs

    Quote Originally Posted by exphius
    So for fuck sakes, quit the qq and learn to play your class, because this is really getting pathetic of you people.
    This...


    [size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

  10. #50

    Re: Upcoming retribution nerfs

    exphius = my hero of the day.

    he is absolutely right.

  11. #51

    Re: Upcoming retribution nerfs

    maybe blizz stopped loving warlocks and started loving pallys instead?

  12. #52

    Re: Upcoming retribution nerfs

    Quote Originally Posted by Hårek
    maybe blizz stopped loving warlocks and started loving pallys instead?
    Did you just create an account to post that? You really should not have bothered.


    [size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

  13. #53

    Re: Upcoming retribution nerfs

    Quote Originally Posted by yiptastic

    cough gouge, kick, cheap shot, shadow step, shadow dance, preparation...

    those are all undispellable. the last three aren't stuns, but allow the rogue to stun lock you for a full 30 sec. Why it matters? cos when it's used properly, you can guarantee a kill with it while stunlocking the target.

    I'm sorry mate. If you are gonna compare paladins stun to rogues' stuns, you are on for getting flamed. with THAT kind of stunlock, you don't need burst to kill someone. really. But sadly, rogues have the burst as well. get me?
    20 seconds actually ^^

  14. #54

    Re: Upcoming retribution nerfs

    Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry
    Did you just create an account to post that? You really should not have bothered.
    Nope, had the account for a long time, but never bothered to post any untill now... QQ in forums isnt what makes my day tbh...

  15. #55

    Re: Upcoming retribution nerfs

    My son...

    The day you were designed, the very devs of Lordaeron whispered the nickname...

    "Lolret"


    My child...


    I watched with shame, as you grew into a rusty weapon... of uselessness.

    Remember, our line was only here to buff wisdom, and strength.

    And I know you won't show any restraint when exercising your new, great power...

    Because the truest victory my son, is beating the hell out of people.



    I tell you this, for when TBC comes to an end, you... shall be KING.

  16. #56

    Re: Upcoming retribution nerfs

    Quote Originally Posted by Gangsta
    My son...

    The day you were designed, the very devs of Lordaeron whispered the nickname...

    "Lolret"


    My child...


    I watched with shame, as you grew into a rusty weapon... of uselessness.

    Remember, our line was only here to buff wisdom, and strength.

    And I know you won't show any restraint when exercising your new, great power...

    Because the truest victory my son, is beating the hell out of people.



    I tell you this, for when TBC comes to an end, you... shall be KING.
    Win.

  17. #57

    Re: Upcoming retribution nerfs

    and btw, it's awesome that they buffed pallies for once, pallies are the easiest class to kill in pvp, and FINALLY, after 3 years of QQ from pallies, people will need to tap a few more buttons to kill one. Playing a pally in BG, is boring, but playing a pure dps class in bg's rocks, especially when you meet paladins, free Hk's ftw

    Now thats finally changed, and it was about freaking time aswell

  18. #58
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    125

    Re: Upcoming retribution nerfs

    Quote Originally Posted by Hårek
    and btw, it's awesome that they buffed pallies for once, pallies are the easiest class to kill in pvp, and FINALLY, after 3 years of QQ from pallies, people will need to tap a few more buttons to kill one. Playing a pally in BG, is boring, but playing a pure dps class in bg's rocks, especially when you meet paladins, free Hk's ftw

    Now thats finally changed, and it was about freaking time aswell
    for ret pally ye, for holy? still easy meat...
    Paper is fine, Rock is overpowered!
    - Scissors

  19. #59

    Re: Upcoming retribution nerfs

    I don't know about you, but I am in beta and playing rated arenas (as hunter and shaman), and I am yet to see one team there without retribution paladin in it (2v2 and 3v3). They are just that good now on level 80 that no sane team can go without one and think about success - stuns, survivability and burst damage combined is unmatched by any other class at the moment (unholy DK has more survivability but less burst and usualy looses VS ret. pala). I had ret. paladin solo finishing me (enh. shaman) and my frost DK partner in arenas (her on ~50% HP, us closer to top). Played by good players they're also completly dominating lvl80 BGs. That's a fact for lvl80 on beta, there is no need to wait and see.

    Now, devs (GC? can't remember) already said more than once that both unholy DK and ret. paladin for sure won't be shipped in a current state because they are just too strong/unbalanced. I just hope they won't nerf either in PVE and just do it in PVP (and not too much - just below the OP level :P).

    Anyway, to summarise - ret. are too strong even on lvl80 in PVP. They need toning down as now they're completly dominating PVP. Even my friend (ret. paladin) said that if this would go live it would only annoy her and push away from PVP because she want to be recognised as a good player and not OP class/spec.

  20. #60

    Re: Upcoming retribution nerfs

    You are seeing so many teams with a Retribution Paladin because, at the moment, the Retribution Paladin is being hyped.

    Everybody is like ZOMG, ZE RETRIBUTION PALADIN IS INVADING OUR MOTHERLANDSSS...


    Expect to see this trend settle down when WOTLK goes live.


    [size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •