Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Upcoming retribution nerfs

Why is everyone so emo over our changes when its obvious its there to help us at 80, not 70.... Seriously, whats wrong with you.

I wonder what part of 'We have no interupts (unless we talent/pvp gear it that can be resisted), no silence, slow attacks for push backs, no snares and ofc no healing debuff.

Now, im not saying i want any of these, but not having them is the very reason why we do such burst. We cant control fights like other classes so we have something to catch them out.

So for god sake, think about just waiting for 80 before all this rubbish about 'OMG HE DOES CRAZY BURST' rubbish.

Im not sure why you're all fixated on trying to get us changed for 1 month of live play, that wont effect anything in WOTLK.

Well, lets hope they dont listen too much and ruin us at 80 arena.

And btw, i would LOVE to make our damage steady, it will make us even better raiders. We do have a solid spot now but anyway. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by arel00
    Besides requiring 5CP to last that long, which is a long way to go if compared to some instant "point blank" ability, it's not the best thing I'd use as reference. Rogues are a lot more fragile than paladins, thus stuns cover a different roles for them.

Going back on topic: Hammer of Justice may be discussed, but it's not that OP tbh. I do agree that buffing the sustained damage while nerfing the burst will wear out most of whining and help the class.
    It is also true, from what I've been told by beta testers (I'm on the PTR, not on beta), that at level 80 "premade gear" level, it's not a 2shit thing anymore, for any class.

So I'd suggest patience and level 80 testing tbh, most of the crying comes from level 70 people and.. well we can pretend to balance out stuff 10 levels under the cap. It would be like testing atomic weapons in wars between ants.

^^ And that's the best post i have seen today... Totally agree with ya.
    YOU FACE NOT MALCHEZAR ALONE, BUT THE LEGIONS I COMMAND!

Quote Originally Posted by Alensia
    I posted this to WoW-europe paladin forums, too. Just willing to see what you think of my ideas:

Yes, nerfbat crittin' us big time soon, obvious, isn't it? So my plea to Blizzard developers: balance our PvP (I admit we're OP in that section) but please, don't destroy the tiny chance we have in PvE! I propose the following:

Nerf our Hammer of Justice. A 7 second stun with 20-second-cooldown (with glyph+talents etc.) is a bit OP. Although it is spell, therefore resistable even though spell hit & hit get merged. Besides basically everyone is gonna have "lowers the duration of stun effects by xxx%". So up the cooldown.

Nerf our burst damage. Critting a lot and often in PvE is bad for aggro management AND when using SoMartyr, bringing our HP down too much (healers being busy healing the tank that takes nasty punch from Kel'Thuzad, Sapphiron, Hogger, anyone). Yeye I know Divine Storm heals blabla. Big badass bursts in PvP are the main reason we're being called OP I presume. So nerf that.

BUFF our sustainable damage! This won't effect our PvP much, but helps us in PvE quite a lot. I havn't done the numbers or anything and I have no real example how to do this. No dual-wield whining tho =)

And finally, nerf Art of War perhaps. Next to no effect in PvE, some effect in PvP. Insert a CD perhaps, something like "This effect cannot occure more than once per 5-15 seconds".

Just something that came to my mind during the after-sex smoke.
    I agree with you almost across the board.. except about nerfing any of our seals any more than they already are.

I think making CS refresh Holy Vengeance/Blood Corruption on the target would be a nice touch, but that component wouldn't see use until 60-64, and that's wasted effect for levels 51-60. Other than that, it gives our PvE DPS a nice boost without directly affecting our PvP burst.

The next big one would be to change the HoJ set bonus, 20 seconds is too short for a 7 second stun, let's be realistic, with our burst and self healing, that's just too much.

How about tweak Imp. HoJ and make it "Justice for All" which increases the duration of your SoJ stun by 20/40/60%, Reduces the Cooldown of HoJ by 5/10/15 seconds, and causes your JoJ to also effect all targets within 30 yards of the target when cast (Not the damage, just the debuff)

Toss in a base change to JoJ so that it occasionally grants attackers a small damage shield (Say scale it, but ~600 damage per 50% proc in early raid gear at level 80.) Just because it's kind of useless in PvE at current.

oh and btw to the OP you deserve 2 weeks of vacations from the forums.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=20198.0

Im betting you started thinking about paladins during sex and came too soon.
    Rocket Sauce.

the combination of Art of war + Righteous vengeance just allow some retri paly to crit with 245% dmg of normal non-crit dmg, maybe that is why we see those omfg numbers. i dont know any other class to crit with 245% of normal dmg
    i dont play on beta but that seems uber to me
    Blood DK's get 245% for main specials
    marks hunters get 240% for specials.
    arms wars get 220%, or 225% with poleaxe for ALL attacks
    Rogues that spec 15 pts into mut get 230% for combo pt moves

So really its not that different. The only class that seems worse are warriors, but they get the crit bonus to every single attack they do where as the other 4 inc ret pallies only get it for a select skill allocation.

Quote Originally Posted by Alensia
    And finally, nerf Art of War perhaps. Next to no effect in PvE, some effect in PvP. Insert a CD perhaps, something like "This effect cannot occure more than once per 5-15 seconds".
    I don't disagree with any of these things, but I laughed so hard when I (mis)read this line.

I pictured a Paladin clicking a button, and world of warcraft coming to a pause and the CD-Tray ejecting and a message saying "Insert CD".

Quote Originally Posted by ciel
    I don't disagree with any of these things, but I laughed so hard when I (mis)read this line.

I pictured a Paladin clicking a button, and world of warcraft coming to a pause and the CD-Tray ejecting and a message saying "Insert CD".

ROFL that made my day.

Alensia hey baby, you forgot to say something to yourself... shut up newbie lowbie.
    Its retri paladin time of the world face it, live with it, l2play with it.
    Ive been w8ing for a buff for the retri for 4 years so we could be respected dps class its all about the gear when it comes to melee classes mister if you are priest with resil cap full brtal for now you kill a retri easy with mana drain etc dont call retri OP disc priests are anti classes for retri in pvp they resist my stun my repentance my everything DONT CALL RETRI OP PLZ. we get buffed dont you think we need that buff although we been a laugh for 4 years? ppl call me lolret and im not alloved to join heroic grops neither guilds couse of my spec dont you think its time for us to be respected dps??????? moron whoever post about retri from now on my consideration. been here for 4 years........ i miss the respect ppl call me lolret you suck etc ty blizz for buffing us to a respected class.

Quote Originally Posted by Killroy
    Alensia hey baby, you forgot to say something to yourself... shut up newbie lowbie.
    Its retri paladin time of the world face it, live with it, l2play with it.
    Ive been w8ing for a buff for the retri for 4 years so we could be respected dps class its all about the gear when it comes to melee classes mister if you are priest with resil cap full brtal for now you kill a retri easy with mana drain etc dont call retri OP disc priests are anti classes for retri in pvp they resist my stun my repentance my everything DONT CALL RETRI OP PLZ. we get buffed dont you think we need that buff although we been a laugh for 4 years? ppl call me lolret and im not alloved to join heroic grops neither guilds couse of my spec dont you think its time for us to be respected dps??????? moron whoever post about retri from now on my consideration. been here for 4 years........ i miss the respect ppl call me lolret you suck etc ty blizz for buffing us to a respected class.
    You know there are 3 possible ways to do it:

-Don`t do it.
    -Do it right.
    -Over do it.

Guess which one of those suites the new and improved retlol best? And no, ret`s don`t feel hard cause they weren`t that good before but cause they actually got buffed too far.

Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo
    You know there are 3 possible ways to do it:

-Don`t do it.
    -Do it right.
    -Over do it.

Guess which one of those suites the new and improved retlol best? And no, ret`s don`t feel hard cause they weren`t that good before but cause they actually got buffed too far.
    Do you have access to the BETA?

Nope but few guildies got and even there ret is apparently pretty dominating. Don`t kill you in 2 secs but still no real counterclass what i have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneken
    Thinking how nerf yourself shows how much ppl are sick of crying from other classes about ret paladins. Have feeling next thread will be how delete paladin class from Wow in civilize manner.
    P.s. Funny thing NEVER EVER saw rouges or druids making this kind of post in last 3 years, that can only show that paladins arent same kind of ppl like rest of wow players.
    or maybe that they simply realize that "we're not op" statement won't simply work anymore after a lot of ppl tried beta and ptr...
    my two cents..

Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo
    Nope but few guildies got and even there ret is apparently pretty dominating. Don`t kill you in 2 secs but still no real counterclass what i have heard.
    Dunno maybe they are right, maybe they are not. I just want a fair, not OPred, chance to play the spec i like. I will welcome any adjustments, both nerfs and buffs, as long as they are justified by proof. I don't want my paladin to be a facerolling restro dudu or a facerolling lock.
    Proof that only time could show.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomica
    Dude Im getting really sick of these post so Im just going to quickly /close it.

For anyone that had played beta Ret paladin's scale terribly from 70-80.

We are where we are sposed to be at in terms of overall raid damage etc.

As for PvP, I admit that it does look OP, but a warlock's set of DoT's can take out a class without any dispels. The fact blizzard is focusing the new patches and xpac solely on burst damage is wrong....but hey it gets rid of the 15 minute wankfests that go on in arena. All classes will slowly be brought up to par..in all honesty its not only the ret paladin damage..its the fact they have alot of utility now..just like Resto Druids have always had in arena.

Try being a Holy paladin and competing with those bastards, embrace ret paladins and stop trying to cut your own balls off. After seeing all these posts it's as if you want them to nerf you.
    a lock's "full set of dot" can be
    1) healed, and if you have NO dispeller and NO healer, you shouldn't even be worth talking arena-wise (unless you're aiming at 2vs2 with a dual dps team)
    2) takes a lot of time to cast
    3) if the lock can do the "full set of dot" in the bast case scenario he'll have only 20 talent points left, so no demonic knowledge, no demonic resilience, ecc.. what a tradeoff :X

Quote Originally Posted by darkenrahl
    a lock's "full set of dot" can be
    1) healed, and if you have NO dispeller and NO healer, you shouldn't even be worth talking arena-wise (unless you're aiming at 2vs2 with a dual dps team)
    2) takes a lot of time to cast
    3) if the lock can do the "full set of dot" in the bast case scenario he'll have only 20 talent points left, so no demonic knowledge, no demonic resilience, ecc.. what a tradeoff :X
    Shadow energy slowly destroys the target, causing 1150 damage over 15 sec. In addition, if the Unstable Affliction is dispelled it will cause 2070 damage to the dispeller and silence them for 5 sec.
    dispell is teh doom QQ

Quote Originally Posted by obsinatee
    because unlike you virgins he probably gets some every day and getting it that often, it loses it's "zomg" appeal
    that , or he was at teh pc already as his GF is his right hand

Ret paladin damage is fine, the 20 second HoJ CD with a 7 second stun is what needs to be changed.

Take off the 10 second HoJ reduction on the PvP set and put something like "Reduces to cooldown on your judgement spells by 1 second"

Then make the Improved HoJ be 5/10/15 seconds off HoJ making our HoJ 45 seconds CD overall.

Then heres the big part! By sacrificing almost 25 seconds to make our HoJ CD more, give us a viable interrupt! Something like pummel, on a 10 sec cooldown, this way we cant stun someone with huge burst every 20 seconds, but since we have no MS or interrupt we can use an interrupt for sure.

As I am sure a lot of ppl have allready said but no one seems to realize there is a reason ret is op at 70 and it has nothing to do with blizz hates everyone else.

Ret is like this becuz the aim is for balance at level 80 now and ret scales rlly bad from 70 to 80 making since on why they are more powerful at 70 than a lot of classes that gain new powerful abilities in this level range. Ret will not see any nerfs until 80 has been out for a while and only if they prove to be op there which according to all the numbers right now they are fine at level 80.

The fact of it is all the people who have been saying ret needs nerfed do not play on beta they play on ptr and think they know everything.

For the love of god, whatever happens, don't let PvP nerfs affect PvE, I don't want to join a pug and hear LOLRET!
    Food.