Pet question for 3.0

I was wondering if my pet automatically hit lvl 65 when i tame it in the following patch?

Cus i really cant stand the name on my current cat, and its worth levling 5 levels. Really gives me a reason grinding Sporeggar rep.

Thanks in advance. (sorry for the many questions)

Re: Pet question for 3.0

Any pet more than 5 levels lower than you will automatically level 5 levels below you when tamed.

e.g. You tame a level 10 cat at level 70, he becomes level 65

what?
    source plz

Quote Originally Posted by spazmcnasty
    what?
    source plz
    If a hunter tames a pet that is more than five levels beneath their own level, the pet will then have their level increased to five levels beneath the hunter’s own level.

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/un...testrealm.html

Found it eventually, but thanks anyway Loxar

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceball
    Cus i really cant stand the name on my current cat, and its worth levling 5 levels. Really gives me a reason grinding Sporeggar rep.
    Well, you don't need to get a new pet. In LK, you'll be able to rename it!

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=43850

what I like to know is that when I tame a low level pet now, it'll ding to level 65 when 3.0 comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Locknload
    what I like to know is that when I tame a low level pet now, it'll ding to level 65 when 3.0 comes.
    only if your 70

well that's what i meant
    cool, then i'll get my gorilla tonight

Koumaru

Yup, camped Uhk'loc in Un'Goro for 2 hours on live, tamed him, copied to PTR, and there he was in all his level-65 glory.

You will NOT want to try camping him after 3.0.2. He has a several-hour-long spawn timer, and I imagine you'll have a ton of competition once several thousand hunters who haven't been following the beta changes realize what gorillas can do.