1. #1

    Talent Changes i like to see

    i believe these changes should be done to help effectively keep diversity among talents with out getting stuck to advance to higher tiers with out forcing players to pick up other talents that they do not want.

    Holy Reach
    Rank 2/2
    Tier 4
    (should be Tier 2)
    Increases the range of your Smite and Holy Fire spells and the radius of your Prayer of Healing, Holy Nova, Divine Hymn and Circle of Healing spells by 20%.

    Healing Prayers
    Rank 2/2
    Tier 5
    (should be moved to Tier 4)
    Reduces the mana cost of your Prayer of Healing and Prayer of Mending spell by 20%.

    Surge of Light
    Rank 2/2
    Tier 6
    (should moved to Tier 5)
    Your spell criticals have a 50% chance to cause your next Smite or Flash Heal spell to be instant cast, cost no mana but be incapable of a critical hit. This effect lasts 10 sec.

    Absolution
    Rank 3/3
    Tier 4
    (should be moved to Tier 3)
    Reduces the mana cost of your Dispel Magic, Cure Disease, Abolish Disease and Mass Dispel spells by 15%.

    Enlightenment
    Rank 5/5 (change to 3/3)
    Tier 6
    Increases your total Stamina and Spirit by 2%/4%/6% and increases your spell haste by 2%/4%/6%.

  2. #2

    Re: Talent Changes i like to see

    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftly
    Enlightenment
    Rank 5/5 (change to 3/3)
    Tier 6
    Increases your total Stamina and Spirit by 2%/4%/6% and increases your spell haste by 2%/4%/6%.
    I like the Enlightenment idea, but what priest wouldn't =)

    Something else i might change would be Reducing Rapture to 3 Talent points instead of 5 (same effect just reduce talent points)

    And If they felt like they had to nerf something to accommodate this, then increasing Divine Aegis to 5 talent points.

    This would free up some much needed talent points for an arena build (since i don't plan on picking up Divine Aegis for a PvP spec).


    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Blade&cn=Ap%C3%A1che

  3. #3

    Re: Talent Changes i like to see

    No.... please dear God no, leave Divine Aegis as it is. Just because you don't plan on getting it doesn't mean the rest of us who like keeping warriors ragestarved DO want them getting rage >.>.

    Flash healing oneself or Penancing one's target in Arena, critting to put a shield on them to absorb damage, and that damage not allowing the warrior to get rage, is CRUCIAL right now. It makes your crit heals essentially heal 30% more, and the shield made also can "heal" you above your maximum health, increasing your "effective HP" and your time to live.

    The changes he listed are ok, I agree about the Enlightenment change, although currently it's pretty good as is, but if they did make Enlightenment smaller, I'd rather them slightly nerf the talent itself than screw over a really good end talent like Divine Aegis.

  4. #4

    Re: Talent Changes i like to see

    dont be crazy, disc is bloated as frick, if they made enlightenment 3/3 this wouldnt be something to add 2 points to later on, this would be a fix to a much needed surplus of talents disc priests need to pick up.

    while we are on it, they should merge imp inner fire and imp pws, they are both defensive talents and this would again, free up some space and allow flexibility, wouldnt be hard to do either because as i said, both defensive, armor vs shielding, both 3 points, move it to tier 3 for all i care, tier 2 is dreadfully bloated anyway.

    im off to bed :-\

  5. #5

    Re: Talent Changes i like to see

    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftly
    Enlightenment
    Rank 5/5 (change to 3/3)
    Tier 6
    Increases your total Stamina and Spirit by 2%/4%/6% and increases your spell haste by 2%/4%/6%.
    currently it is 1% per rank and there is 5 ranks making it 5%. i dont mind if they reduce this form 5% to 3% if they make it rank 3/3

  6. #6

    Re: Talent Changes i like to see

    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftly
    currently it is 1% per rank and there is 5 ranks making it 5%. i dont mind if they reduce this form 5% to 3% if they make it rank 3/3
    Plz tell me you didn't just say that.


    /sigh


    Just put 3 points in it if that's all you want.


    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Blade&cn=Ap%C3%A1che

  7. #7

    Re: Talent Changes i like to see

    Quote Originally Posted by Rushuna
    No.... please dear God no, leave Divine Aegis as it is. Just because you don't plan on getting it doesn't mean the rest of us who like keeping warriors ragestarved DO want them getting rage >.>.

    Flash healing oneself or Penancing one's target in Arena, critting to put a shield on them to absorb damage, and that damage not allowing the warrior to get rage, is CRUCIAL right now. It makes your crit heals essentially heal 30% more, and the shield made also can "heal" you above your maximum health, increasing your "effective HP" and your time to live.

    The changes he listed are ok, I agree about the Enlightenment change, although currently it's pretty good as is, but if they did make Enlightenment smaller, I'd rather them slightly nerf the talent itself than screw over a really good end talent like Divine Aegis.
    If you plan to put 5 points in Rapture then it doesn't change much.
    (I plan to, but i know not everyone is going to spec the same, and that's a good thing)

    This then frees up either 2 more talent points in Tier 8 (or you could fill in other talents).

    Whether it be 5 points in Rapture and 3 points in Divine Aegis; or 3 points in Rapture and 5 points in Divine Aegis if you are planning on both this has little effect. But if you are not planning on taking Divine Aegis (I might take it for pve or 5's idno yet, I have to test it out with gear (crit rating) to see if it's personally worth it) then this will benefit you.

    Before you go all crazy and freak out please suggest a reasonable talent build that this would adversely affect and i might reconsider my position on the matter.

    P.S. I never said anything about changing the numbers of the spells/ability's, just the number of talents needed to max them out.


    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Blade&cn=Ap%C3%A1che

  8. #8

    Re: Talent Changes i like to see

    Quote Originally Posted by Healbot411
    Plz tell me you didn't just say that.


    /sigh


    Just put 3 points in it if that's all you want.
    personally i like it and i would get 5/5 but it isnt with in my budget.

    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...00000000000000

    this is the spec i will go with personally i like to get pass that 1 point in Imp PW:Shield and put it into Enlightenment. also if i was able to get Surge of Light (holy) with out spending 2 points into Spiritual Guidence would even be better. i think as a PvE Disc Priest Surge of Light would have been great to have. but i am 4 points shy. i can use the 2 points from borrowed time. to open surge of light but i still need 2 points from somewhere.. was thinking to give up pain suppression and 1 point from Divine Aegis to get surge of light. in the spec below:

    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...00000000000000

    really i want to get surge of light but it is to far up the talent tree. and i do like borrowed time & enlightenment. but there isnt enough points.

  9. #9

    Re: Talent Changes i like to see

    Quote Originally Posted by Healbot411
    If you plan to put 5 points in Rapture then it doesn't change much.
    (I plan to, but i know not everyone is going to spec the same, and that's a good thing)

    This then frees up either 2 more talent points in Tier 8 (or you could fill in other talents).

    Whether it be 5 points in Rapture and 3 points in Divine Aegis; or 3 points in Rapture and 5 points in Divine Aegis if you are planning on both this has little effect. But if you are not planning on taking Divine Aegis (I might take it for pve or 5's idno yet, I have to test it out with gear (crit rating) to see if it's personally worth it) then this will benefit you.

    Before you go all crazy and freak out please suggest a reasonable talent build that this would adversely affect and i might reconsider my position on the matter.

    P.S. I never said anything about changing the numbers of the spells/ability's, just the number of talents needed to max them out.
    That will not change a talent build that picks up BOTH Divine Aegis and Enlightenment, but it WILL affect those that pick up only one or the other. Also there's the known fact that Disc is currently bloated enough as is deep in the trees. Lowering Enlightenment is a good idea, but adding those points elsewhere does nothing to fix the bloat of the tree itself. This is a decent setup that I'll probably be using for PvP, and as you can see that if I wished to get every PvP viable talent that gives a good boost, then I'd have little to invest in Holy.

    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...00000000000000

  10. #10
    The Lightbringer Mandible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    3,376

    Re: Talent Changes i like to see

    I'll be really amazed if there are any changes to the priest before the patch - even before expansion launches - by now. I know what I'll spec, but to be honest its not a spec I pick because I want to but more so at least one priest in the raid will have it.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •