Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Anyone agree it should've been harder to unlock a DK

harder than $40 ?

Personally i think it would have just pissed ppl off. Not every1 has the time to do whatever quests or grind whatever stuff etc etc and lets face it :
    The idea of the DK is probly a big part of what makes ppl so excited about WotlK in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicoMonster
    OP is going through what pretty much every other class is right now. The whole "I'm not special anymore so why bring me?" syndrome.

Here's the facts: Right now druids are great tanks in many encounters, less desirable in some and downright unusable in a select few. Feral dps potential is average in early raiding content and downright laughable later on. I know some druids will say "but I'm always in top 5 blah, blah, blah" but the truth is that in those cases your gear/skill/knowledge is enabling you to show up your less geared/skilled/knowledgable guildmates. If you played a rogue, hunter or lock as well as you do your druid you would see the difference.

What Blizzard is doing in the expansion is giving you the choice of being a GREAT tank and good dps or being a GREAT damage dealer and a good off-tank. That puts you right in line with warriors, death knights and to some extent paladins. They sacrifice dps to tank and vice versa. Now that Blizzard is enabling you to do your jobs at a much closer level to your competition it would be imbalanced to let you do both tanking and dps at 100% but make the other tank classes choose between one or the other.

At the end of the day I'm sure you will be pleased with the changes they're making. If you go bear/cat you'll be just as viable as the other tank specs and I'm sure you'll do much better dps than them if you're called on to switch roles. If you go cat/bear you'll be right in line with fury/arms warriors and death knights. As for rogues, I'm sure your ability to off-tank will weigh heavily against the extras they bring.
    Is it just me, or did this guy post to teh wrong thread too? The skill and ability of DKs is NOT the issue beign discussed o.o

It's the special requirements to unlock the bonus 'hero class' which he views should have been more difficult to accomplish via a long lvl 70 quest-chain. Which was ear-marked as blizzard's first intentions. But they then decided it should be more accessable and that the epic quest chain is put on the DK starting quests instead. Nothing at ALL about "I'm not special anymore so why bring me?" syndrome.

No.

15+ Year Old Account

I won't even read your post. No, shut up, go away.

Frankly I think it should have been insanely tough. Something that actually requires skill. Not a stipulation or some bullshit like that. Too many things in this game are: Kill X amount of this. Kill X amount of that. CONGRATULATIONS! You now feel like you've accomplished....NOTHING!

I have no idea how they would implement it, but 55...meh. It's not hard to get at all.

I can't really relate this to the Hero classes blizz was initially talking about back in vanilla wow beta...because they were never very thorough on it. They were just kinda like HAY GUYZ THERE"LL BE HERO CLAZZEZ BUY OUR GAME LAOLZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainz

I think it should have been a higher level to prevent scrubs from making DK's.
    Meh, there are just as many scrubs at 70 as there are at 55.

the quest chains gets harder and harder... theres one 5 man instance to do . Others require at least a group member.