Enchanting - Just 1 month left

Well, all other proffesions recived sweet gifts.
    BS - Alot of new items and making sockets
    Leatherworking - Insane enchants on wrists
    Alchemy - New pots, new "ability" about discovering recipes, transmutations like always
    Tailoring - mounts , cloak embroiders
    Inscryption - new, fresh, buffing class spells
    Engineering - new mounts, new "Usefull" stuff (like MOLL-E or Wormhole)
    Jewelcrafting - Even more gems/trinkets

Enchanting - new enchants and thing we asked for since begging ....AH saleable enchants

I know that people will start to flame "Ring Enchants !" , or "Its STILL not done" , or just trolling.
    Its 1 month, 1 month is not so much time, its needed to polish and fix everything, final cuts to product.
    There will be patches, there will be hotfixes, but it hurts to think that proffesion you have or class you play is not done yet.
    Why is Enchanting so left behind...

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Enchanting - Just 1 month left

just thotbot ring enchant are done since a long time + we got few wand
    http://thottbot.com/wotlk/s59636
    http://thottbot.com/wotlk/s44636
    http://thottbot.com/wotlk/s44645

and It's one of the best proffesion

Quote Originally Posted by Verthas
    Alchemy - New pots, new "ability" about discovering recipes, transmutations like always
    Now you act like these are new introduced in WotLK, let me remind you that these were here already in tBC.

Besided, you can craft some wands as enchanter. I don't think enchanting is falling behind, it's a great profression.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

In fact, all professions are reasonably good, most of the are Melee based, and a lot Caster based. With a couple satisfying both needs.

I wouldn't expect a Blacksmithing priest for example, but I'd most likely see an enchanting/tailor which is one of the most popular combos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Surreal
    grim toll is the worst trinket you could get for survival. Hands down Meteorite wheat stone is better than it.

Deleted

one more thing u missed on alchemy

Mixologists Blood (duno if thats the right name it was origionally called Alchemical Blood but they changed it ANYWAY)

you will get extra effects from potions and elixirs and flasks that your character can make (as in you have the recipie learned)
    after some fairly basic testing i can tell ya that it makes all pots + elixirs + flasks 25% more powerful
    Also elixirs last 2 hours instead of 1!

w00t

Quote Originally Posted by Verthas
    Well, all other proffesions recived sweet gifts.

BS - Alot of new items and making sockets
    "a lot of new items" can be compared to "a lot of new enchants" enchanting is getting , and "making sockets", only 2 out of 4 ( i think?) of those are BoP, the others are for everyone, beside BS had nothing until now that could let the crafter make some money.

Leatherworking - Insane enchants on wrists
    Just like enchanting has his own enchanters only craft

"new pots" can be compared to "new enchants" enchanting is getting ,and you could discover new recipes in tbc aswell (and that's not really something funny to do , more like annoying)

Tailoring - mounts , cloak embroiders
    Just like enchanting has his own enchanters only crafts

Inscryption - new, fresh, buffing class spells
    zomg

The mount ain't even bop , and new usefull stuff?? usefull for what

The special gems are Unique(3) , not that you can socket all your gear with them

Enchanting - new enchants and thing we asked for since begging ....AH saleable enchants
    I think that's gonna grant enchanters even more money , how is that bad

I know that people will start to flame "Ring Enchants !" , or "Its STILL not done" , or just trolling.
    Its 1 month, 1 month is not so much time, its needed to polish and fix everything, final cuts to product.
    There will be patches, there will be hotfixes, but it hurts to think that proffesion you have or class you play is not done yet.
    Why is Enchanting so left behind...

Why do you feel it's left behind ? ring enchants aren't bad at all
    The only thing i agree an enchanter could complain about is wand crafting , i mean enchanting has never shown itself as a "caster only" profession , wand crafting is gonna be a useless component of enchanting for non-casters

Just because enchanters can make wands doesn't mean a warrior enchanter can't still benefit from the ring enchants or regular enchants. That hardly makes it "caster only".

Save your breath for more useful QQ's. Enchanting has and always will be one of the best professions. My priest has been a tailor/enchanter since level 1 and it's going to stay that way. Yes, enchanting is expensive to level up, but for good reason. If you play it right you can make a lot of money. And now with being able to sell enchants in the AH you don't have to stand around and spam trade chat for hours hoping that you'll get some business.

Plus...the ring enchants work on BOTH rings. So if you're a warrior or whatever, you can have a total of 48 more stamina(that's 480 hitpoints!) than a non-enchanter. Or 64 more AP than others, or 38 more spell power(now this I am quite disappointed about though because the level 70 enchant is only 14 less power from both rings...that's not a very significant difference for 10 levels...)

The one thing I would really like to see is to have 1 or 2 BoP epic wands to make from enchanting. No, it's not a caster-only profession, but it's the profession that best compliments tailoring which is generally considered a caster profession. The highest level wand you can make is level 30 and I don't know why they stopped there. Now with the introduction of off-hand items from inscription, the only items that are not craftable by professions at max level are wands and bows. Bows they should give to leatherworkers as some type of fletcher side thing, but that's a different subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Heartrend
    Just because enchanters can make wands doesn't mean a warrior enchanter can't still benefit from the ring enchants or regular enchants. That hardly makes it "caster only".
    What i meant with that comment is that enchanting , unlike other professions such as blacksmithing , has been very good for both casters and melee classes during tbc and adding now a "section" of it that is only good for casters makes little sense to me , but hey i'm happy with ring enchants and enchanting in general , was just a note

Quote Originally Posted by Edi
    What i meant with that comment is that enchanting , unlike other professions such as blacksmithing , has been very good for both casters and melee classes during tbc and adding now a "section" of it that is only good for casters makes little sense to me , but hey i'm happy with ring enchants and enchanting in general , was just a note
    Blacksmithing has not been very good for casters. There will be one epic spell damage mace so far in WotLK that is BoE. There was ONE spell damage mace and ONE spell damage dagger in BC that were not any better than Karazhan items and were expensive to make. Blacksmithing has always been a melee profession.

Edit: I realize you said blacksmithing was not good for both.

However, adding a wand recipe to enchanting does not hurt a melee character with enchanting. They don't have to obtain the recipe, nor do they have to make it. It would just a nice addition to those who would use it.

I agree its about time they did something to nerf enchanters money making. I cant wait to see the enchanters crying about the AH driving down the price of their enchants, and at the same time driving up the cost of their mats.

Welcome to the club boys and girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Devia
    However, adding a wand recipe to enchanting does not hurt a melee character with enchanting. They don't have to obtain the recipe, nor do they have to make it. It would just a nice addition to those who would use it.
    It sure doesn't but they could've added something both melee and casters could use ^^ oh well

I have funded 3 epic flying mounts (w/training) on 3 separate characters thanks to enchanting. I have yet to break even with the money I've spent on blacksmithing with my warrior.

Having done EVERY profession except herbalism, Enchanting is the best in my opinion and would choose it without question if I had to start from scratch.

Ring enchants are win. Being able to enchant your own gear is win. Being able to sell your enchants on AH is win. Someone said something about enchanting mats being driven up on AH? That's win too, sell the mats instead of the enchants if it gets too lopsided. You should be DEing for your mats, not buying them off AH. Oh yeah, and DE, the biggest win of them all. Buy level 55 gear at AH for 5g, DE, sometimes you get 9g worth of illusion dust, sometimes you get 30g worth of eternal essences. Same applies to many groupings of gear, even in OL, it's not uncommon to turn a junk green that vendors for 2-3g into 10-20g of planar essences. Got a rogue or druid? Go farm Stratholme for illusion dust, eternal essences, and large brilliant shards, granted there's often more supply than demand, but even so you gather 150-200g worth of mats in about 45 minutes, pretty good imo.

Imo enchanting will always be the absolute best bar-none profession in the game simply because of Disenchant. They could have made Enchanting a profession and Disenchant a seperate profession for gathering materials and people would still love it (disenchanting I mean, maybe not Enchanting so much anymore). Being able to do rare enchants for typically 10-20g tips is sweet. Being able to do your own gear is handy. Being able to DE worthless crap into expensive mats is priceless.

Oh, and we get to enchant our rings too? *faint* Stop QQing, Enchanting is amazing.