Infusion of Light: Revisited

From Ghostcrawler:

Infusion of Light -- now affects Flash of Light or Holy Light. Flash of Light is reduced to 0 cast time with 2 ranks, meaning that if you're running around and get a Holy Shock crit, you can also Flash without stopping.

Not so sure I like this new version much at all.

The old version or even the current version, gave us control on when the proc was used. Essentially you'd work in a Holy Shock when it was available and flash in between. Holy Shock crits would keep an Infusion buff active for emergencies allowing you to still heal with shocks and flashes while storing the buff.

The new version however does not allow the buff to be saved at all for when it is needed. If you get a critical hit with your shocks and then proceed to continue healing (as the target needs it) you will uncontrollably use the Infusion of Light proc. This puts you in a position far to often where you must keep healing to get the target alive or not heal in order not to waste the buff.

Also you end up with issues of superfluous haste (a similar issue pops up with JotP + Light's Grace) and GCD clipping.

What are your thoughts?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Infusion of Light: Revisited

If you have any haste gear at all you could skip Light's grace if you took 5/5 JoTP. The 15% haste gives you .375 faster HL with no need to cast one first. Judging a target gets you the haste effect for much less mana than a HL. If you are going that deep in Holy skip Lights grace IMO.

As far as infusion goes they did the right thing to give Holy proc similar to Art of War. That was just outright favoritism towards Ret. in the first place.
    Be Nice to America or we will bring Democracy to your country.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

With the changes then how about this?

JotPure gives you so much haste then do you no longer need to stack haste?

I mean after stats, the abilities needed are haste, crit, spellpower, and Mp5.

If JotPure eliminates the need for Haste aside from the gear set for tier 7, then is that not a good thing?

With Seal of light and Seal of wisdom glyphs, it is a must to have it and keep it up. So this does seem to solve some problems. It opens the room for paladins to stack Mp5 and Crit.

I see this as making paladins a more effective single target healer, which they have always been. I say this because in the world of higher gear level there are more things you have to stack. And this gives great flexibility as to whether u want the haste all the time, or only when needed.

Macro to cast judgement on target's target is not hard. And I rarely think the MT will not be targeting the main boss.

Even for Beacon of Light

in most 25mans you will have more than 1 tank taking damage, so BoL the oftank, and heal the MT, so now the OT will always be healed up bc the MT is taking more damage.

its absolutely retarded to have a haste talent when we only have 2 spells that have any real kind of cast time. But yeah if you pick up JotP you can stop using Lights Grace from what Ive seen. Theres enough haste on gear to make up the other 5% or more fairly easily
    Beauty now spawns with only two pups in Heroic difficulty. Not to worry though, the missing pup has been adopted by a wonderful, if not insane family.

I'm glad that Blizzard cares about the little things...

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...00000000000000

How about this build then?

For PvE,

Quote Originally Posted by Lebeau
    From Ghostcrawler:

Not so sure I like this new version much at all.

The old version or even the current version, gave us control on when the proc was used. Essentially you'd work in a Holy Shock when it was available and flash in between. Holy Shock crits would keep an Infusion buff active for emergencies allowing you to still heal with shocks and flashes while storing the buff.

The new version however does not allow the buff to be saved at all for when it is needed. If you get a critical hit with your shocks and then proceed to continue healing (as the target needs it) you will uncontrollably use the Infusion of Light proc. This puts you in a position far to often where you must keep healing to get the target alive or not heal in order not to waste the buff.

Also you end up with issues of superfluous haste (a similar issue pops up with JotP + Light's Grace) and GCD clipping.

What are your thoughts?
    I had no intention of saving the debuff, the only time you use holy shock is when you need burst healing, so wouldnt an instant flash of light be a good thing? I think this change is a well made and much needed one. The flash of light/instant holy light healing bomb was a little over the top i'll admit. This seems to find a nice median. Now about our ability to dps and avoid CC...