Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41

    Re: Dont nerf me bro ! (Blizzcon quote inside)

    Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal
    Define why a healer should be able to kill a damage dealer. If healers can kill dps then there is no need for dps to exist in terms of pvp. Healers are supporting the dps. DPS>Healers. They should be able to survive heavy damage yes, which they can if they know how to play their class but they should never be able to kill a dps head on. I know it happens sometimes but it's not the actual idea.

    The ret will never go oom as long as he does not heal, if you cast a holy light you never regenerate the mana cost simply because it's too much.
    And btw ret is the strongest 1 on 1 pvper, that does not mean that he cannot lose too.
    a healer should be able to kill a damage dealer because there are situations where a healer has to fight a damage dealer. If the damage dealer cant kill the healer and the healer cant kill the damage dealer then its a neverending fight. A healer should not easily kill a dps class but they should have the ability to kill a dps class over an extended period of time. dps classes can burst down healers but healers should have some chance of killing a dps class.

    Retadin doesnt need holy light versus a healer he can regen enough health from judgements and flash heal procs to keep himself up with relative ease.

  2. #42

    Re: Dont nerf me bro ! (Blizzcon quote inside)

    Who can heal pretty effectively, dmg ain`t that bad but utility is kind unmatchable.

  3. #43

    Re: Dont nerf me bro ! (Blizzcon quote inside)

    w00t!!!
    when is the clip coming up on youtube? g2 see this.
    guess Kalgan really did reroll Ret then lololololol.
    Do not trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
    God's in his heaven. All's right with the world.

  4. #44
    Scarab Lord Nest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Finlanders
    Posts
    4,825

    Re: Dont nerf me bro ! (Blizzcon quote inside)

    Quote Originally Posted by BlazerWithTheLazer
    w00t!!!
    when is the clip coming up on youtube? g2 see this.
    guess Kalgan really did reroll Ret then lololololol.
    Guess You should grow up. There doesn't have to be a proof of anything. Honestly, I believe the OP, because I know Ret Paladin dmg isn't that high. People just QQ because everyone got used to get free HK's from Ret Paladin's. Table's have turned.
    Heyoo!

  5. #45

    Re: Dont nerf me bro ! (Blizzcon quote inside)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sprite
    Honestly i see ret pallys getting killed all the time unless their going against rogues.... funk them lol
    thenn you havent met the ones i se ewery frkin day>_<
    im not addicted, i yust have to log on >_< :P

    OH!!! gues wot, not all are from a english talking nor writing country! LIVE WIHT IT!!!

  6. #46

    Re: Dont nerf me bro ! (Blizzcon quote inside)

    Quote Originally Posted by Nest
    Guess You should grow up. There doesn't have to be a proof of anything. Honestly, I believe the OP, because I know Ret Paladin dmg isn't that high. People just QQ because everyone got used to get free HK's from Ret Paladin's. Table's have turned.
    dude I am a Ret pally. I'm not QQing I wanna see this. I have hoped that pallys should remain as they are in beta atm for a long time but this coming from Kalgans own mouth is just a to big happening to miss out on.
    Do not trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
    God's in his heaven. All's right with the world.

  7. #47

    Re: Dont nerf me bro ! (Blizzcon quote inside)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirrio
    So guys.. there is the answer!

    Ret palas are fine! Just said by Kalgan ^^

    Also he mentioned the burst damage is not realy too high! Quote: "...we don't think [the current damage] is way off, honestly."

    Screw you, nerf screamers!


    e: added quote
    wrong, its not that simple, the complaints may still all be valid..

    example:

    <class x> does 1500 dps, but this is overall, including crits, and this is far below average. yet people complain about its damage.. why?

    paladin does damage on par with other dps classes/specs, about 2400 dps, now this may all be fine and dandy, but if they do this damage in streaks, short streaks.. it may 1shot or 4-5 shot any other player..

    if they do 2400 dps steady thats fine, but if that means they have streaks in which they do 30k damage in 6 seconds (not saying this is true, but it may happen @ lvl 80) and thereby killing anything thats not a tank, then yes, there is something wrong..

    sure they may do SUUUCCKKAAAAAYYYYYYEEEE damage the rest of the duel/match/minute.. but overall the damage is on par with others.. does this mean balanced pvp or a balanced playing field? i dont think we would disagree that it is not.

    perspective, thats what its all about.

    but seeing as kalgan said this, im sure they have some data to back this up, this does not mean there is no problem though, looking the other way or sticking your head in the sand does not change anything.

  8. #48

    Re: Dont nerf me bro ! (Blizzcon quote inside)

    Quote Originally Posted by coldethyl
    Here is why darken,when the engagement is over the rogue has to find a healer before reengagement with the enemy,the paladin is his own healer,just because your in ret gear doesnt mean your healing spells are totally ineffective.you have a rouges burst and the ability to throw heals on your self during and after combat.does that explain it a little?

    to reiterate a shitty heal is still better than a potion or healthstone,and your not spec heals are not limited in any other way than your mana pool,its not like health stones where supply and consumption is limited,or like potions where supply is not limited but consumpton is .

    I will explain ut a little, as you requested, for you...

    Ret can heal yes. But We can not
    > stealth and get our mana regained fast like energy...these two are big reasons rogues can do good DPS in pvp
    > sprint away from enemies, although we can bubble yes. But it gets dispelled
    > unlock a locked box..now of course this has nothing to do with combat and being op...just a thing that rogues can do that pallys cant
    > cant duel wielding, and depending on the situation, sometimes duel wielding is really good eg. for trying to interrupt/hit a spell back.

    So I think you only see those things pallys can do, obviously forgetting all other things the we cant do and other classes can do.

    If Blizzard decides to nerf us once WotLK is out, so be it. BUt if they do not, then all those you that are saying we r getting nerfed will just be proven to be wrong.


    I am not that good I know...

  9. #49

    Re: Dont nerf me bro ! (Blizzcon quote inside)

    Quote Originally Posted by Moar Pew Pew
    Lol, gotta love some people. Anyone on PTR that is at least s3 has the skills to know Ret isn't God mode. The people complaining are the ones who got roflstomped on live, are getting stomped on PTR, and will be getting stomped in WotLK.
    Or people in PvE, where all of Ret's new tricks are making it possible to solo regular 5-man instances in t4/t5 gear... you know, something almost any other spec can do in live.

  10. #50

    Re: Dont nerf me bro ! (Blizzcon quote inside)

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaDora25
    I will explain ut a little, as you requested, for you...

    Ret can heal yes. But We can not
    > stealth and get our mana regained fast like energy...these two are big reasons rogues can do good DPS in pvp
    > sprint away from enemies, although we can bubble yes. But it gets dispelled
    > unlock a locked box..now of course this has nothing to do with combat and being op...just a thing that rogues can do that pallys cant
    > cant duel wielding, and depending on the situation, sometimes duel wielding is really good eg. for trying to interrupt/hit a spell back.

    So I think you only see those things pallys can do, obviously forgetting all other things the we cant do and other classes can do.

    If Blizzard decides to nerf us once WotLK is out, so be it. BUt if they do not, then all those you that are saying we r getting nerfed will just be proven to be wrong.
    You also seem to forget what other classes can do. As a rogue i would love to stab you back with a 2-hander but obiviously i MUST use 1-handers. You can also sprint but improved sprint is not hand of freedom. I can come up with 4 things retris can`t do atm. offensive dispell, mortal strike, spell interrupt and proper snare.

  11. #51

    Re: Dont nerf me bro ! (Blizzcon quote inside)

    Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo
    You also seem to forget what other classes can do. As a rogue i would love to stab you back with a 2-hander but obiviously i MUST use 1-handers. You can also sprint but improved sprint is not hand of freedom. I can come up with 4 things retris can`t do atm. offensive dispell, mortal strike, spell interrupt and proper snare.
    Add:

    Distance Closer

    These things are small to you? Ret may not be broken, or UP in any way, but we do have our weakness.

    DPS specs and classes complain about Ret because it's just damage vs damage, but when we are fighting a healer it's a different story. Rogues have several interupt effects that they can use to take down a healer, Paladins have two. One of which we usually have to use as a distance closer.

    This is why classes like Locks and Rogues will always consider us OP when fighting us in a double dps set up, but Resto Shams, Rest Druids and Priests can just laugh us off if they are smart. If you took away the burst damage we would have absolutely no way to fight healers and kiters.

  12. #52

    Re: Dont nerf me bro ! (Blizzcon quote inside)

    I think you actually believe your own propaganda Moar Pew Pew.

    Whether you accept it or not, an objective view point can clearly see ret is overpowered and it will have to be addressed eventually if not soon.

  13. #53

    Re: Dont nerf me bro ! (Blizzcon quote inside)

    You're still going to get nerfed, nothing new here. I'm waiting, have been for a while now, for someone that's actually tried pvp at 80 on the beta to provide some sort of reasoning for why ret isn't ridiculously out of balance right now.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

    http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

    For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

  14. #54

    Re: Dont nerf me bro ! (Blizzcon quote inside)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiton
    I think you actually believe your own propaganda Moar Pew Pew.

    Whether you accept it or not, an objective view point can clearly see ret is overpowered and it will have to be addressed eventually if not soon.
    Propaganda? Lmao. That's rich.

    I just gave a perfectly reasonable reason why our class works this way, yet I'm spreading propaganda? No. The only people doing things like that are Tigercat who are on some stupid crusade to get Ret Paladins nerfed into the ground.

    Until you can accept that maybe you aren't looking at the whole picture, and consider a Ret Paladin against all specs, you should keep your judgements to yourself.

    Edit:

    There was a disturbing amount of accidental puns in this post. It makes me cry. lol

  15. #55

    Re: Dont nerf me bro ! (Blizzcon quote inside)

    Moar Pew Pew, unless you've pvped at 80, your opinion is completely worthless.

    I've explained before what the problems are, find someone that can refute them.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

    http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

    For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

  16. #56

    Re: Dont nerf me bro ! (Blizzcon quote inside)

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    Moar Pew Pew, unless you've pvped at 80, your opinion is completely worthless.

    I've explained before what the problems are, find someone that can refute them.
    Your oppinions, and most of the people complaining, are entirely based off PTR also. So really, you have no right to tell me my oppinion is worthless.

    As has been stated many times, most of our spells have one rank. So while they do not initially do very much damage, when gear becomes a factor we scale very well. That is why our damage is reduced at 80. That's also why we seem to do to much damage at 70, because we already have the best gear possible.

    Maybe we will have to be scaled back a bit when everyone starts to get t9 and the new season gear, but that is why we aren't being nerfed currently. If we were pre emptively nerfed for later content, then just like TBC beta, we would be very weak at release.

    All you have done is take other people's word as law, and state Ret will be nerfed constantly. Try proving your point for once.

  17. #57

    Re: Dont nerf me bro ! (Blizzcon quote inside)

    I'm not playing on the PTR you moron, I'm on the beta. Again, I've pvped at 80, I've seen the issue. Unless you've pvped at 80, your opinions are worthless.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

    http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

    For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

  18. #58

    Re: Dont nerf me bro ! (Blizzcon quote inside)

    Yet we have the lead designer for character balance saying we are fairly balanaced. So I guess that does kind of make your oppinion worthless.

  19. #59

    Re: Dont nerf me bro ! (Blizzcon quote inside)

    He mentioned burst.&#160; Do a little digging, I've said before the damage isn't the problem per se.


    Edit: Here, I'll make it easy for you.

    Glass Cannon = Ok.
    Tin Cannon = Ok.
    Iron Cannon = No.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

    http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

    For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

  20. #60

    Re: Dont nerf me bro ! (Blizzcon quote inside)

    Lol, yet again you're resorting to insults to prove a point.

    Anyway, Ret isn't some rediculous tank that never dies. We have a lot of survivability, but not as much as say an Arcane Mage. Most likely our SoC damage will just be reduced again, or the will increase the internal CD to 2-3 seconds. I seriously doubt with all the thought they put into Ret talents that they will eliminate something like Art of War.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •