Don't abandon the light

I remember being furious when i read the nerf on infusion of light. i seriousy thought i was done as a holy pally forever. I was still needed to raid as holy, and so i had my first raid after the patch last night.

godly...
    when looking at talents it seems we took the shaft, but my performance was incredible! it took some getting used to. BoL doesnt overheal, so it made me feel a little worried when i wasnt seeing numbers on those tanks. but if there is damage, there is healing, and it works aas intended. with BoL we can mark a tank, and assist with another tank, or raid heal burst damage targets.

base healing done by our spells is also incredible. my flashes are hitting 2.33-2.38k each.

judgements of the pure is better than expected, but there are a few minor things. it is a little annoying to have to switch to targeting the boss to judge. this is still no big deal. it is also annoying to have to keep watch on both the beacon, JotP, and seal duration. we have a lot to choose from as a holy pally now. toss avenging wrath in there to increase healing, and you have so much to choose from that u feel like a priest.

the final thing id like to add is GLYPH OF HOLY LIGHT, BABY! this is the single greatest thing i have ever seen for a holy pally. i toss a beacon on the tank, then i HL raid targets. its like tank and raid healing at the same time. on fights with heavy raid damage i shine brighter then RESTO SHAMANS! lets say i HL for 6k. lets say that tank also is taking enough damage to recieve full healing from beacon. i heal a raid target for 6k, i heal the tank for 6k, and i heal 5 other ppl for 600, and this can crit!
    for the twins fight i hit 4015 hps. i kid you not. the only person over me on the healing was another holy pally who was at about 4300 hps. i can save the meters next raid if any1 wants to see it. im sure i can do it again considering i forgot to use avenging wrath.

holy pallies dont loose hope. things arew looking up for us. also, thanks to ghostcrawler whos staff DOES seem to know how pallies work after all.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Re: Don't abandon the light

the nerf on infusion of light wasn't ever really going to effect pve pallys

it was aimed at pvp, where its been a massive kick in the balls, on the PTR I could actually stand a chance against muti rogues and ret pallys, now its just hope nerfed forebearance isn't up, like it was pre 3.0

I could not disagree more. The changes to holy are cumbersome. Any change is an improvement you might think, but we again as Holy paladins got the short end of the stick. Look at all the other healers that do not need to fulfill certain conditions to attain maximum healing capability. Keeping seals up, beacon up, judging the dps target every 10 seconds... But it's good to know you're happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lr
    the nerf on infusion of light wasn't ever really going to effect pve pallys

it was aimed at pvp, where its been a massive kick in the balls, on the PTR I could actually stand a chance against muti rogues and ret pallys, now its just hope nerfed forebearance isn't up, like it was pre 3.0
    i think the infusion nerf is pretty effective on PvE holy pallies. the instant large heal was pretty useful on bosses that require mobility. t6 and SW content has a pretty large amount of encounters where an instant HL could save some1.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

yiptastic

Quote Originally Posted by avatarr
    i think the infusion nerf is pretty effective on PvE holy pallies. the instant large heal was pretty useful on bosses that require mobility. t6 and SW content has a pretty large amount of encounters where an instant HL could save some1.

nah. PvE gear is full of haste. we will have instant heals in raid. that's for sure.

The real problem is PvP. and really, I don't think it's game breaking. We need more reliable healing spells we can use while running, not just Holy shock and pray for it to crit every 6 sec.