Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

"totem consolidation"

where is it?
    it has been said at blizzcon once again that blizz wants to consolidate totems, so that the totem system isn't as much cluttered as it is today.
    The only change i know about is the removal of grace of air, wich gets embedded into strength of earth, and the removal of windwall wich is integrated in stoneskin (wich gives armor now)

and thats it?

myrddinde

Re: "totem consolidation"

They said they wanted them to "physical school so that they are not as easy dispellable". No clue what that means, since they were never dispellable, and the ones on Beta still have 5 hp.

Quote Originally Posted by myrddinde
    They said they wanted them to "physical school so that they are not as easy dispellable". No clue what that means, since they were never dispellable, and the ones on Beta still have 5 hp.
    Adding them to the physical school makes them castable while silenced.

The dispelable part... last I checked, a lvl 1 can still kill our totems.

probably, yea.
    tho there are still several candidates for improving/merging, like MST and HST and poison and diseases cleans totems, also, sentry should get invis detection in line of old paranoia and be added to stoneclaw imo. also, i read sugestion about magma nova totem, which would pulse every 2 sec for considerable damage and would deal big aoe damage upon destroying/when the timer runs out. or "smart!!" searing totem included in flametongue/ToW

but one can only hope, blizz didnt really do much to shaman class past physical 5min totems and few new spells, so we can hardly expect they will look into us

Totem effects at least were dispellable, they just got applied almost instantly again...

i heard health will be raised somewhere... is there any confirmation on that? or what
    because that helps with the issue in fact depending upon how much health they give totems they become VIABLE again! not that they werent before but for PVP we all know they were lacking...

Research, try it sometime.

Here's a hint: Stoneclaw.

Here's a comment on said hint: It's still garbage.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Totem consolidation.....

Colsolidate: to bring together (separate parts) into a single or unified whole; unite; combine.

Not much of a logic leap from the definition to what they mean. They've already implemented it. Relics now replace totems.

Check the flavor text of any of these: http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?items=4.9
    Trust the tale not the teller.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    Research, try it sometime.

Here's a hint: Stoneclaw.

Here's a comment on said hint: It's still garbage.
    Well they said TOTEM HEALTH not totem protection... which is what stoneclaw would be... and a half ass protection at that... with very limited use.

So yah... still waiting to hear wether totems actually HAVE more base health...

15+ Year Old Account

yeah i thought one of the shaman things about Blizzcon news said totems health is getting increased all together.

Anyway I'd like some more consolidation also.

One resistance totem.
    Kill Sentry Totem, make it detect stealth, or give it a wacky waving inflatable tube man graphic.
    Make Windfury a Haste totem effecting both types of haste.
    make Poison/Disease Cleansing totems together (although that may be OP.)

Quote Originally Posted by Porphy
    Totem consolidation.....

Colsolidate: to bring together (separate parts) into a single or unified whole; unite; combine.

Not much of a logic leap from the definition to what they mean. They've already implemented it. Relics now replace totems.

Wrong. Those are relics that go in the ranged slot. Totems aren't going anywhere.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Porphy
    Totem consolidation.....

This is pretty cool though. I haven't seen this before. I've heard many Shaman ask to get rid of those 4 pesky items we're forced to carry around in order to cast totems.
    Valore - 85 Paladin - Bonechewer
    Spirik - 85 Shaman - Bonechewer

As a shaman, I'll admit that a lot of the time I don't use totems. My opinion for how they should be fixed is that their overall power should be decreased in exchange for lettting them be constantly active or inactive. Kind of like paladin auras, except be able to have an earth, fire, water, and air totem aura active. This would save the two second prep for battle by laying all my totems, fighting, dispelling my totems, moving, laying totems, fighting, dispelling... repeat forever.

Now, before you jump all over saying that this is a bad idea, let me change it to a more relatable real world application. Lets say dropping totems is like putting a condom on before sex. You take the time to do it because it's prevents you from getting a woman pregnant (or in terms of dropping totems, it helps protect you from dieing).
    Now, the change i have suggested would be like having a vasectomy. You activate it the one time and it's up until you change it.

Personally, i would be willing to take a reasonably priced nerf to the power of totems in order to have them be constantly active and non-dispellable.

Quote Originally Posted by Dookie
    Wrong. Those are relics that go in the ranged slot. Totems aren't going anywhere.
    If you read the tool tips, this is all about the totems that sit in your bags. now your RELIC counts as all 4 totems in your bags.
    Consolidating 4 bags slots into a relic slot.

Summons a Stoneclaw Totem with 1620 health at the feet of the caster for 15 sec that taunts creatures within 8 yards to attack it. Enemies attacking the Stoneclaw Totem have a 50% chance to be stunned for 3 sec. Stoneclaw totem also protects your other totems, causing them to absorb damage.

15+ Year Old Account

Here is what I think they should do with magma totem, to give Enh/Elem a nice extra (but easily taken care of) aoe. Keep it as is, pulse every 2 seconds, and on the 3 pulse do a Fire Nova, then keep doing a Fire Nova in place of a regular pulse every 6 seconds. Would be cool, and look cool Imo. Maybe reduce the damage on the fire nova part (maybe even the magma totem pulses) to prevent the QQ?

Quote Originally Posted by 10xsmokey
    As a shaman, I'll admit that a lot of the time I don't use totems. My opinion for how they should be fixed is that their overall power should be decreased in exchange for lettting them be constantly active or inactive. Kind of like paladin auras, except be able to have an earth, fire, water, and air totem aura active. This would save the two second prep for battle by laying all my totems, fighting, dispelling my totems, moving, laying totems, fighting, dispelling... repeat forever.

Now, before you jump all over saying that this is a bad idea, let me change it to a more relatable real world application. Lets say dropping totems is like putting a condom on before sex. You take the time to do it because it's prevents you from getting a woman pregnant (or in terms of dropping totems, it helps protect you from dieing).
    Now, the change i have suggested would be like having a vasectomy. You activate it the one time and it's up until you change it.

Personally, i would be willing to take a reasonably priced nerf to the power of totems in order to have them be constantly active and non-dispellable.
    I Lol'd at this description.

I don't ever really use totems except mana spring while resto/ele for soloing.

PvP though, I use the shit out of the little bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by drakkan
    I Lol'd at this description.

I don't ever really use totems except mana spring while resto/ele for soloing.

PvP though, I use the shit out of the little bastards.
    I only do it while raiding, pvp only some times use tremor and grounding... or a lot if im defending...

solo wise.. you move to much to make it useful...

Yeah PvP is definitely a totemfest. Raiding is as well. Especially Shahraz.

1 question: Did they removed GCD on totems now?