Will Prot Pallys need to be Hit capped in patch?

hey all im just wondering in 3.0 will prot pallies now want/need to be hit capped? ive picked up a few nice items atm, can i get ur thoughts plz

Re: Will Prot Pallys need to be Hit capped in patch?

Quote Originally Posted by thankyouforthevenom
    hey all im just wondering in 3.0 will prot pallies now want/need to be hit capped? ive picked up a few nice items atm, can i get ur thoughts plz
    We are losing 3% to hit with 3.0 from talents. You will NEED to have some hit, though I don't think any math has been done yet or posted anywhere to show that which we need. Currently, the more hit I have, the more steady my tps is, the less hit I have, the more unreliable it is. However, since a lot of our threat comes from 1. Consecrate and 2. SoV (which stacks on every hit, including HotR) it is safe to assume that it will soon be less spiky regardless of hit. I for one am going to try and stack as much hit as is feasible in my sunwell / bt gear, NOT gemming for it though, and since threat is also not supposed to be a concern come 3.0 that throws another wrench into the works.

Yes, Hit wont be a bad thing, but you wont be going out of your way nerfing any other stats to get it. The only time it might be a bad thing to not have capped hit is on taunt and avengers shield on the pull, but that shouldnt be too much of a problem.

Seeing as how all gear at 80 is being normalized you will probably be ending up with a bit of warrior gear with +hit on it anyway so you wont have to worry about it.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

I do not understand your post.

You can not hit cap, esp with the loss of the 3percent hit. No tank ever hit caps.

You have stm, str, def, dodge, perry, block, block value, expertise. and then hit. (these are in no order of importance)

So no, you take what hit you can get, but hit cap is not a goal. Ill take dodge over hit unless its just painfully bad.