Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Blizzcon 2008 - Day 2 !

The mountswimmingthingy was the only thing i cared about :
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Worgens for Alliance, Goblins for Horde.

I'll run naked in the streets of Paris and post the video on the front page if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield
    Twinks goes against everything Blizzard stands for.

That being a casual game where anyone can play from the general public.

My boyfriend logs on and goes into the battle ground while leveling up. He is a complete online noob and knows nothing about online games.

But still he goes into the battleground for some casual pvp fun.

Meanwhile I'm at work and can't warn him entering the battleground he will get OWNED by some capped out idiot with max items for that bracket and enchants from over 30 (THIRTY) levels higher.

This goes against everything Blizzard stands for, I just hope this whole "leveling while pvping" thing makes twinks redundent.

As for them ripping Warhammer Online. If it improves the game, who the hell cares! ALL these games rip off WoW and think its a free ticket to big bucks.

Who in the world does twinking go against everything Blizzard stands for?? It is a gold sink, which in the over-inflated economy of daily quests is good for them. It gives 70s who are burnt out of repetitive PvE encounters, mindless daily quests, and unbalanced arenas a chance to vent their rage.

And who the heck PvPs at low-levels?? It does nothing for your leveling and the only reason you'd want to NOT level as a low-level is because you are twinking. If they change it so battlegrounds award experience to low-levels without an option of not accepting it then WoW will lose the, in my opinion, one great advantage it has over current MMOs. Twinks are pure fun.

Without a doubt the greatest fun I've had is smashing face on my 59 rogue and hunter. Both have over 1200ap and 6000hp. Monsters. Gods even. Then combine that with my brothers who have a 59 warrior and a 59 disc priest... amazing. Plus some horde in our battleground finally took the hint and we found rival twinks who put up a fight. It was almost like PvP was meant to be. Overpowered characters battling to the death... quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by WowInsider
    12:57PM Q: "Is there a story line for Ashbringer? What is happening to the old Naxx legendary items?" A: "Get your old naxx items within the next two days, because then they're gone." Lots of boos at that.
    That confirms the patch is this tuesday, no ambiguity.

Deleted

I don't like how he says Sunwell was "way too hard", if that means we'll have nothing as challenging in LK I'll be pretty disappointed.

At the Q&A, 80% of the answers were basicly: we have discussed it, it's not final, we're thinking about it.

Really informative i must say...

Slightly off topic, but GC is a guy? What's up with everyone saying that s/he is a woman? lol

The Internet FTW
    BAMF.

Q: We're taking over northrend in this expansion, what about the next?
    A: Something else! starcraft 2! not what you expect in a very good way. it's not about comments, but i guess it kind of is but boldness is next! unbelievable boldness.

Wow...MMO dropped the ball there. He said "it's not about continents" not comments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Not one comment on the dual spec option? This is huge! Does it cost money to switch or just to respec? Tanks can switch between prot and dps if an offtank isn't needed. As a tank, this is amazing.

Patton Oswalt was good

yay for dual specs.

15+ Year Old Account

Man.. the Q&A for the most part was kinda vague.. almost like watching politicians answer questions :P

Anyway, I'm still excited to see what they got up their sleeves so far it seems like WoW is taking a big leap in the evolution of the game.

Man, something tells me that the Murloc plush only sold at Blizzcon. Just like last year they only sold the Mini Figurine Baby Murlocs. Oh well, looks cool none the less.

The plus toy will be available towards the end of November from Jinx.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places

Who the hell typed that out? It started off great and professional and about 1/4 of the way down the first transcript there were more misspellings, typos, grammatical errors, sentences that weren't sentences etc... I got tired of having to read some stuff a few times around just to figure out what the misspelled word was.

Quote Originally Posted by schmunkel98
    Not one comment on the dual spec option? This is huge! Does it cost money to switch or just to respec? Tanks can switch between prot and dps if an offtank isn't needed. As a tank, this is amazing.
    I'm interested in this as well (healer here) but I feel it's too soon to say anything about it... hybrids wanting to gear for more than one spec comes to mind, so does zero healers on a bg. Wether those things are going to be problems, it's too early to say definitely, but I like the idea overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Varakai
    Who the hell typed that out? It started off great and professional and about 1/4 of the way down the first transcript there were more misspellings, typos, grammatical errors, sentences that weren't sentences etc... I got tired of having to read some stuff a few times around just to figure out what the misspelled word was.
    Personally, I went to WowInsider for the transcript (I'm only mentioning it here because Boubouille mentioned it yesterday). Boubouille's intention from what I could see was to give us a summary of what was said, but he did it in real time; he had to write it before the next question or he would forget it. WowInsider on the other hand just copied what was said, a no-brainer but also allowed the full idea to be preserved. Besides, he posted the link to WcRadio encouraging us to hear them ourselves

On a side note: They didn't say the vehicles were gonna be doubled, just increased to match 15 players. Could be faster respawns for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorium
    Eh, setting up things for the next big thing after WotLK are we? :> Hai2u Nagas
    As long as it's not something stupid like underwater swimming while mounted on a kodo.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    Man.. the Q&A for the most part was kinda vague.. almost like watching politicians answer questions :P

Anyway, I'm still excited to see what they got up their sleeves so far it seems like WoW is taking a big leap in the evolution of the game.
    To be fair, the questions were a bit off too... Close to the heart of the issue, but never directly hitting the spot.

Like the Stoneclaw totem question. It's irritating for us shamans, but it's also obvious from the start they did it on purpose. They don't want us, for some reason, to be able to protect our Tremor and Earthbind totems.

The real heart of the issue, then, are macros. Why on earth don't they block the macros that allow players to send their pets after specific totems every time they cast any of their spells?! I'd love to hear what devs have to say about that, as this is the issue they ALWAYS avoid on the forums.

Is blizzcon over?

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus
    The plus toy will be available towards the end of November from Jinx.
    Sweet. Can't wait.

And yup. Blizzcon is officially over.

Wow, did they not invite warlocks to Blizzcon?

The only question was about pet switching, and it got a non-answer. Apparently pet switching is a problem, but not pet resummoning?

What about Conflag (and how awful it is for PVE)? What about Demonology?

What about the fact that mages, druids, shamans, etc all have better CC than us now? Everyone except a gimp Demo lock has a cast time on their seduce. You can't fear juggle anymore. Fear still has the same shitty range and duration in PVE.

Even hunters can now shoot their traps, and sap works on everything important.

Seduce isn't going to cut it in our current form. NO lock can even use a Succubus without gimping themselves. EVEN IF you have your succubus DPSing, that still means she can't DPS while CCing. Locks are going to be the only DPS class without an easy to use CC, including the caster hybrids. (Ok, ret pallies only have a 15 second cd HoJ and Repentance.) This is going to make them WAY less desirable at 80 for 5 mans. Anyone remember how heroics were at the start of TBC? I sure do. Taking non-CC DPS just gimped your group.

So basically warlocks are going to be the only class that gimps themselves for BOTH their group utility (CoE instead of a damage curse, other "CoE"s from Druid/DK are applied through normal DPSing) AND our CC (having a Succubus channel seduce instead of DPSing/another pet DPSing).
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

Q: Endgame 10-man raiding is great, but it also means if you lose a player or two it can be difficult since less people are in the party. Could another class perhaps get a Battle Rez?
    A: What class did you have in mind? (Audience jeering and yelling out suggestions.) Death Knights have a self Battle Rez!

Death Knights have a self rez? i know about the Val'Kyr things, but doesn't that only last until you leave Ebon Hold?