Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: shadow priest raid dps

I'm not sure are they going to tune dispersion anymore, it has recieved alot of attention already and I think it's fine the way it is.

Many other classes and specs are also thinking that their 51-point talent is deep from the sh*t and useless.

Also Mind Sear is huge improvement for shadowpriests, its mana efficienty (compared to multidotting) and well-scaled damage is fine the way it is.

Our damage is being tuned alot (see new Shadow Form changes) and if it's not enough to scale us to the normal "5% equal", they'll probably tune us some more.

By the way, doesn't K'Js thousand souls hit for 55k?

1. stand still while everyone else are running to the bubble.
    2. Wait for iiiit...
    3. /cast dispersion
    4. ????
    5. Profit.

To be honest, when new changes roll out on live - shadowform will be / is the pinnacle of the shadow tree. Dispersion is nice for mana regen in pve. PvP is yet to be seen at 80, Dispersion might prove useful (dot up, run, if they get you disperse). It's not the most imba talent out there but it's not the worst either. And sadly, whatever we do - Blizzard won't change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Masennus
    By the way, doesn't K'Js thousand souls hit for 55k?

1. stand still while everyone else are running to the bubble.
    2. Wait for iiiit...
    3. /cast dispersion
    4. ????
    5. Profit.
    Yes, it works. But you'll still take 5500 in damage, which is about 60% of my buffed hp.

But if you don't get in the shield in time, your raid leader will probably have your served head.

And if the shield ain't op well... wipe.

I'm not sure are they going to tune dispersion anymore, it has recieved alot of attention already and I think it's fine the way it is.
    Me neither, the talent works out perfectly in PvE.

And nobody should comment about PvP atm.

In the light of new changes, SW might not be lost. It provides negligible DPS upgrade but it's one of 2 spells that proc IST. Tier 7 bonus is 10% swd crit so having IST up as long as possible will be needed if we're about to sustain longer fights mana-wise. Anyway, when we hit 80 it will be fun to experiment

Quote Originally Posted by VisualX

All I see this talent good for is PVP. as a PVP run away button or a PVP hope to get heals button. ll?

I was really happy when I read about the new talents some month ago, because shadow priest in arena is just laughable. You are always the first target and faster down than you can cast something. I expected some more survivability, for example the new talent dispersion. But this is just a joke for pvp. Why? Because it reduces the taken damage just for 90% and you are not immune like Pala or Mage. So always when I use dispersion, I get a stun, a warlock fear or something like that. And 6 seconds is not really a long time. So after dispersion, if I survived, I have some more mana, but I die immediately when it ends. Without the 36% Helth regeneration it is useless for PVP. And it should make you immune for new dots and cc. I am not sure, but it seems that priest is the only class who has nothing against cc. The new class talent just allows me to take another trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    You realise that Blizzard comment was absolutely hillarious, as the talent is more for PvE than for PvP.

And aslong as people QQ about Dispersion, I'll count QQ it with (mostly) sane arguments, and long answers that nobody bother to read.
    There are sane arguments for why Dispersion is useful, (the priest Souv on the Blizz forums has a video in which he uses it very effectively in Battlegrounds) but this is just laughable. The ability is for PvP. Ghostcrawler said that without is Priests would not be viable in PvP. while 36% mana sounds good for PvE, the DPS time lost while it is casted makes it better to just adopt a more mana-efficient rotation during boss fights. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by shyg
    There are sane arguments for why Dispersion is useful, (the priest Souv on the Blizz forums has a video in which he uses it very effectively in Battlegrounds) but this is just laughable. The ability is for PvP. Ghostcrawler said that without is Priests would not be viable in PvP. while 36% mana sounds good for PvE, the DPS time lost while it is casted makes it better to just adopt a more mana-efficient rotation during boss fights. Wow.
    Apparently you've never played a priest, since 3.0.2. While we do lose that time for dps fights like Kil'jaeden, where you have to be constantly dps'ing something (Finally downed Kil'jaeden last night) for quite a long period of time, it's well worth it. Granted, the nerf to KJ's health makes it much shorter, it also makes the fight more hectic between phases, adds and such. If you don't have dispersion, you're severely limited to the amount of mana you can gain back (not counting the dragon buff, seeing as this is a discussion about priests in general). Throwing a shadowfiend out there for 3 minutes while going through your all out spell priority and popping one mana potion will leave you out of mana before you can use your shadowfiend again, in the long run. We run out of mana insanely quick, even with replenishment.

So it's either stand around and wand shit, or pop dispersion in between shadowfiends then return to your spell priority, which ultimately will be a dps increase.

So it's either stand around and wand shit, or pop dispersion in between shadowfiends then return to your spell priority, which ultimately will be a dps increase.
    Using it when you're running to the dragon for Shield of the Blue = no dps lost, except a unlucky timed single DoT tick, nothing compared to the mana returned.

Anyway, raiding is a joke now, but I'm still 110% confident that it'll be a very class defining and important spell for WotLK raiding.

I'm super happy with it. But I guess that's before I farm Sunwell, and all the haters do Karazhan or BGs in Season 2 gear.

well it's not a shitty talent like most ppl tend to dramatize
    it's just lack luster for pvp . 6s of 90% reduced dmg doesnt make us pvp viable, we just die with more mana.
    adding the health regen back to it would make it a lot more better as a 51 pt talent.
    and from a pve POV i dont understand why ppl would complain it's a iceblock + evocate without the rooting.

priest pvp viability is sad now, we get ff even more and die even faster now.we need smth to keep us playable again. add 10 more dmg reduction to SF or smth, we're to much resil dependent now.It's just wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by nine
    it's just lack luster for pvp . 6s of 90% reduced dmg doesnt make us pvp viable, we just die with more mana.
    adding the health regen back to it would make it a lot more better as a 51 pt talent.
    and from a pve POV i dont understand why ppl would complain it's a iceblock + evocate without the rooting.

priest pvp viability is sad now, we get ff even more and die even faster now.we need smth to keep us playable again. add 10 more dmg reduction to SF or smth, we're to much resil dependent now.It's just wrong.
    signed

Quote Originally Posted by nine

I still agree that it is not a bad talent over all, but it still doesnt make us really that much more pvp oriented.

True Story:
    one on one duel with a hunter in brutal gear + elite pet.
    we are both down to the wire, i pop dispersion to get some mana and a chance to get some distance. hunter hits me with a silencing shot, then viper sting... no mana again and I lose. so much for pvp viability...

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistra2
    Apparently you've never played a priest, since 3.0.2. While we do lose that time for dps fights like Kil'jaeden, where you have to be constantly dps'ing something (Finally downed Kil'jaeden last night) for quite a long period of time, it's well worth it. Granted, the nerf to KJ's health makes it much shorter, it also makes the fight more hectic between phases, adds and such. If you don't have dispersion, you're severely limited to the amount of mana you can gain back (not counting the dragon buff, seeing as this is a discussion about priests in general). Throwing a shadowfiend out there for 3 minutes while going through your all out spell priority and popping one mana potion will leave you out of mana before you can use your shadowfiend again, in the long run. We run out of mana insanely quick, even with replenishment.

I have played a shadowpriest to the T5 level. What you say makes sense, but I'll need to see theorycrafting to prove it.

right now our gear isn't on par with our new gearing priorities
    we stack spell dmg and spirit for mana regen with 3.0.2 we now should be stacking crit and int and our gear doesnt support that...so our dps doesnt seem on par with other dps classes.i'd like a SP with ~25%-30%crit to comment on his dps.And yeah with the VT nerf we're going oom far to fast.They're buffing it on the beta but i don't think it will do much better.We were the only manabatery class now we're the worst manabatery class from the now 3 or is it 4 classes.
    /want VT back to normal

Quote Originally Posted by VisualX
    If you need damage reduction in ANY raid... You have done something wrong.
    This is hilarious...

1. Brutallus targeted you with burn, you must be a bad raider?
    2. Felmyst targeted you or someone near by with encapsulate, why did you let that happen?
    3. You took AoE damage on Eredar Twins, you must be a noob
    4. Illidan targeted you with Dark Barrage or Agonizing flames, why didn't you dodge it?
    5. You got feared into the flames on Archimonde, sure you were a nub for getting that close to the flames but if it happens you're better staying alive than telling your guildies sorry as you wipe.

Sure the damage reduction component of Dispersion is situational, it's not going to be used on every single encounter. However, the ability to stay alive is priceless and half the problem when learning encounters is people dying too quickly.

In addition dispersion costs you 1 talent point to pick up... where is 1 talent point better spent than an ability that is going to keep you alive at times and provide mana regen when required?

If anything i'd like to see the health restoration component returned but if it stays as is so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Yes, it works. But you'll still take 5500 in damage, which is about 60% of my buffed hp.

But if you don't get in the shield in time, your raid leader will probably have your served head.

And if the shield ain't op well... wipe.
    Me neither, the talent works out perfectly in PvE.

And nobody should comment about PvP atm.
    Still worth trying, I should be able to heal myself up with herbalism spell and bubble absorbs almost half of it. He wouldn't do it Well dispersion would have been good prenerf but nowdays it's just a joke. Killed KJ twice before the patch tho, never missed a bubble!

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    This is hilarious...

1. Brutallus targeted you with burn, you must be a bad raider?
    2. Felmyst targeted you or someone near by with encapsulate, why did you let that happen?
    3. You took AoE damage on Eredar Twins, you must be a noob
    4. Illidan targeted you with Dark Barrage or Agonizing flames, why didn't you dodge it?
    5. You got feared into the flames on Archimonde, sure you were a nub for getting that close to the flames but if it happens
    1.you can survive only with ve
    2. if you can press dispersion key you can press hs/potion key
    3.the only useful thing is prevent more dmg when you have a lot of shadow debuffs
    4. you are blind and slow
    5. flames last a bit, just a bit longer than dispersion does
    people survived to most of these cases without dispersion, is useful but i got it just for mana regen more than prevent dmg

Quote Originally Posted by joyu
    1.you can survive only with ve
    2. if you can press dispersion key you can press hs/potion key
    3.the only useful thing is prevent more dmg when you have a lot of shadow debuffs
    4. you are blind and slow
    5. flames last a bit, just a bit longer than dispersion does
    people survived to most of these cases without dispersion, is useful but i got it just for mana regen more than prevent dmg
    You can heal yourself through burn with just VE? Get real. You will die 100% of the time.

Your response to number 4 shows me that you've obviously never done that fight, seeing as dark barrage and agonizing flame targets are random.

The fact of the matter is, dispersion not only helps you with your mana pool, but it also makes things easier for healers in case you get into a situation where you're going to take a lot of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by shyg
    I have played a shadowpriest to the T5 level. What you say makes sense, but I'll need to see theorycrafting to prove it.
    Theroycraft is useless. True experience is much better.

In addition dispersion costs you 1 talent point to pick up... where is 1 talent point better spent than an ability that is going to keep you alive at times and provide mana regen when required?
    Reminds me about 90% of the fire-mages putting 21 points in frost for Cold Snap, so they could use Ice Block (or Icy Veins) twice.

Ice Ice Baby! -- Millhouse Manastorm.

OK SO HERE I AM! IM BACK

as the original creator of the post thanks for all your input. lol

well this topic has kind of dragged from DPS talk to Dispersion discussion but thats ok

in the new ptach i seem to be putting out about 1400 Raid dps. getting in about 13th or 12th on meters so its not that great or that bad.

as far as dispersion its actually an awesome talant i use ti all the time in duels/PvP and it really gives you that edge to get healed and live a little longer.

imo since they have nefd VT they really numped up VE

im getting top heals (sometimes 2nd to other Spriest) in BT and other 25 mans becuz it's raid wide now and i have the 25% talant instead becuz of the new treat system. i havent pulled aggro yet and topping healers in boss fights of about 3% in heal meters. even though it's raid wide it still helps out and benefits everyone. imo i dont see anything about shadow priests that are being nerfed since they are budffng up other skills. i dont know how it is in Beta but in the ptach we're still doing fine.

im still happy with my spriest