Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: shadow priest raid dps

1700 on Teron Gorefiend today. Didden't catch the numbers for SWP.

(6/6 SWP, and 9/9 BT on 4½ hour).

Compared what before 3.0, I'd say I got about a 4-500 dps upgrade in a max dps fight.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    1700 on Teron Gorefiend today. Didden't catch the numbers for SWP.

(6/6 SWP, and 9/9 BT on 4½ hour).

Compared what before 3.0, I'd say I got about a 4-500 dps upgrade in a max dps fight.
    the question is how much will it be changed at lvl 80 with the new crit chances that will increase dots and others stats that spriests didnt really aquired until now

anyway did anyone saw a screenshot with a dmg metter output at lvl 80? i didnt find out one until now and i'm really anxious to see how much dps has a sp, also it will be great if someone has a screen with raid that needs aoe and raids w/o aoe

btw why doesnt blizzard add that damn mind sear with more ranks so sp has it at lower lvl? i really know the pain of the sp that needs to kill a swarmer insect that spwans 25 hp minions, so tiny you cant even select them with tab, but they do enough dmg to own you because you lack a damn aoe to splash them. at least the last resort option of exit shadowform and use holy nove is an option now that all priests have holy nova

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    This is hilarious...

1. Brutallus targeted you with burn, you must be a bad raider?
    2. Felmyst targeted you or someone near by with encapsulate, why did you let that happen?
    3. You took AoE damage on Eredar Twins, you must be a noob
    4. Illidan targeted you with Dark Barrage or Agonizing flames, why didn't you dodge it?
    5. You got feared into the flames on Archimonde, sure you were a nub for getting that close to the flames but if it happens you're better staying alive than telling your guildies sorry as you wipe.

Sure the damage reduction component of Dispersion is situational, it's not going to be used on every single encounter. However, the ability to stay alive is priceless and half the problem when learning encounters is people dying too quickly.

In addition dispersion costs you 1 talent point to pick up... where is 1 talent point better spent than an ability that is going to keep you alive at times and provide mana regen when required?

If anything i'd like to see the health restoration component returned but if it stays as is so be it.
    1-5... Do you die all of the time to these? i mean.. I certainly do not. there are times where random things happen which instantly kill me but when its instant do i actually have time to react and mash dispersion?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistra2
    You can heal yourself through burn with just VE? Get real. You will die 100% of the time.

Your response to number 4 shows me that you've obviously never done that fight, seeing as dark barrage and agonizing flame targets are random.

The fact of the matter is, dispersion not only helps you with your mana pool, but it also makes things easier for healers in case you get into a situation where you're going to take a lot of damage.
    You may not be able to heal yourself 100% but you do have HS and potion. Also, do you not have healer's in the raids? I certainly do.

Barrage and flames are random but again for barrage do you not have healers, bubble yourself HS, potion (not so much potion anymore. for the great world of potionsickness.)? For flames... the damage lasts SLIGHTLY longer than 6 seconds. . All of these have been done without dispersion and easily.

Quote Originally Posted by nine
    from a pve POV i dont understand why ppl would complain it's a iceblock + evocate without the rooting.
    well except that dispersion doesnt remove threat DURING the duration of the spell and the evocation part is a whole lot less mana than evocation.

Quote Originally Posted by joyu
    1.you can survive only with ve
    2. if you can press dispersion key you can press hs/potion key
    3.the only useful thing is prevent more dmg when you have a lot of shadow debuffs
    4. you are blind and slow
    5. flames last a bit, just a bit longer than dispersion does
    people survived to most of these cases without dispersion, is useful but i got it just for mana regen more than prevent dmg
    1. Incorrect - the last ticks of burn far out do VE healing, and situations occur when someone has accidently chained burn and using dispersion would help out the burn healers
    2. Incorrect again, the amount of damage encapsulate does far outdoes pots/healthstones... sure they help but dispersion guarantees you'll surivive
    3. There are sooooo many situations for dispersion in eredar twins its not funny... shadow nova on top of the fire dot, 2nd conflag with trinket on CD are just a couple that can occur regularly.
    4. Dark barrage can't be avoided, you can be as blind & slow as you like. Same with agonizing flames and as with burn the last few ticks will kill you, even spam healing myself, unless I got heals I died.
    5. Yes the flame dot ticks for longer than 6 seconds but you only need to avoid death to get healed, so if you get low during the 45 sec duration you can use dispersion to avoid a death, keeping in mind that 1 death on archimonde basically equaled a wipe.

Yes people surived this situations but just as many didn't and required you to do another pull... dispersion can and will avoid unsuccessful attempts.

just an idea, how about Shadowpriest get some kind casting projectile( similar to Shadowbolt, Frostbolt and Fireball) added to their arsenal since they nerfed our DoTs and MF. Just an idea, dont flame me, i'm just trying to put out some ideas to help our class. And btw, Dispersion isnt the worst talent, but blizzard could have did better. :-\

Quote Originally Posted by Toysuprapr
    just an idea, how about Shadowpriest get some kind casting projectile( similar to Shadowbolt, Frostbolt and Fireball) added to their arsenal since they nerfed our DoTs and MF. Just an idea, dont flame me, i'm just trying to put out some ideas to help our class. And btw, Dispersion isnt the worst talent, but blizzard could have did better. :-\
    Well, we're already in good shape, and now Blizzard is about to make our 3 main DoTs scale with our crit chance, and give us a hawt new glyph that increases our spellpower by 10% of our spirit on shadow spell crits. Once we get gear that has more spirit and +crit... yeah. We oughta be ballin'.

Quote Originally Posted by VisualX
    You may not be able to heal yourself 100% but you do have HS and potion. Also, do you not have healer's in the raids? I certainly do.

Barrage and flames are random but again for barrage do you not have healers, bubble yourself HS, potion (not so much potion anymore. for the great world of potionsickness.)? For flames... the damage lasts SLIGHTLY longer than 6 seconds. . All of these have been done without dispersion and easily.

well except that dispersion doesnt remove threat DURING the duration of the spell and the evocation part is a whole lot less mana than evocation.
    You didn't mention healthstones or potions previously, but now you do, which invalidates your entire statement. Of course VE helps, but again, even with a healthstone and a potion, you can't get through it yourself with the last multiple ticks of burn.

Is that a serious question about if I bring healers to my raid? Well... we've full cleared Sunwell, so one would assume...

Anyways, I won't bother responding to the rest of your responses, because what sums it all up is that it gives your healers a bit of a break in case you get encapsulate, burn, dark barrage, etc. My point wasn't that you NEED this, but there may be times where you need to do more than pop a healthstone and potion (especially now that shadow priests will probably need that one potion per fight for mana or for fire/arcane/etc. resist), so why not get dispersion to make healing on you easier in certain situations where you will be taking a lot of damage, and the potential that you may die is high. Mistakes happen.

Dispersion is a situational talent, as Blizzard has stated, and personally, I see many situations where popping it could mean life over death for you, even with talented healers.

I was wondering since BC came out, i had mostly Spell hit and Spell damage gear (including gems). In what order should a shadowpriest gems and his stuff in wotlk? And in gear, what should our priority be stat wise?

Without seeing proper theorycraft numbers i'd suspect that Hit will be the number one stat (until cap), particularly considering we need a lot more hit rating in WotLK than we did in TBC. I always found having to recast DOTS very annoying and if your DP misses you will have to wait 24seconds to cast it again.

What is going to be interesting is how Spellpower, Crit & haste are going to shape up. I suspect that crit is going to be a very desired stat considering SF will now increase our DOT damage by a % = to our crit chance. Of course crit will also scale MB, SW (if we use it) and MF. It will also have the benefit of providing mana regen in the form of Imp Spirit tap and now that mana pools are going to have to be managed properly mana regen could very well be a high priority.

A lot of this is speculation but it would be good to see some numbers on sites like elitist jerks or shadowpriest.com (might even be some up already but haven't bothered to look until the class mechanics look a little more settled).

At a guess, Hit>Spellpower>crit>haste with a privoso to prioritise crit for some mana regen when it makes sense to.

2517 dps on teron last night. I only oiled and fooded though so no flask in there.

unbuffed stats are 1337 spell power, 19.8% crit, 224 haste

Quote Originally Posted by Toysuprapr
    I was wondering since BC came out, i had mostly Spell hit and Spell damage gear (including gems). In what order should a shadowpriest gems and his stuff in wotlk? And in gear, what should our priority be stat wise?
    http://code.google.com/p/simulationc...atestReport_80
    Is win and awesome. Scroll to the bottom for the scaling table. I usually convert everything into a spellpower-based weight system (value for each stat divided by SP's value). Granted, it's not perfect, since increasing crit (for example) makes more crit relatively less valuable and more spellpower/haste/whatever more valuable, but it's a very good tool to give you rough numbers.