Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Dispersion Is staying as a bad 51 pt

From blizzcon:
    Q: Shadow Priest's Dispersion is lackluster. Any chance for some buffs?
    A: Probably not. The Devs are happy with the way it is. It's a partial shield that does not root you. Yeah it's not terribly useful for high-end PvE, but it is beneficial in other way and 51-Point talents are often very situational.
    The devs obviously don't know how to develop classes as this is the worst 51 pt ever yet they still refuse to buff it.
    I really wan't blizzard to fire those stupid devs and get some ones that can actually do their job.

Re: Dispersion Is staying as a bad 51 pt

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetoez
    From blizzcon:
    Q: Shadow Priest's Dispersion is lackluster. Any chance for some buffs?
    A: Probably not. The Devs are happy with the way it is. It's a partial shield that does not root you. Yeah it's not terribly useful for high-end PvE, but it is beneficial in other way and 51-Point talents are often very situational.
    The devs obviously don't know how to develop classes as this is the worst 51 pt ever yet they still refuse to buff it.
    I really wan't blizzard to fire those stupid devs and get some ones that can actually do their job.
    I might not play a SPriest but what ive seen in bg's and raids is that ist pretty good. Like for mag when the ceiling collapses they can pop it and they take barely any damage. And in PVP when there about to die they pop it and they can stay alive longer

The majority of shadowpriests with serious raid experience choose Dispersion.
    Most people I see do counter arguments is people playing PvP or low-end PvE.

Funny how it's more usefull in high-end PvE , since the high-end is where you take most raid damage.

QQ less, and try read the 100+ posts I've writte about Dispersion and why it don't suck allready.

Yeah, silence ourselves, still taking 10% dmg For 6 seconds in pvp. Oh thats amazing. Oh wait i gain 36% mana! Ahh wait 36% mana will be used up in 10-15 seconds because our mana issues are insane

Quote Originally Posted by Rockeroad
    I might not play a SPriest but what ive seen in bg's and raids is that ist pretty good. Like for mag when the ceiling collapses they can pop it and they take barely any damage. And in PVP when there about to die they pop it and they can stay alive longer
    Going by your post, sig, and avatar I think it's safe to say you are a 12 year old warlock player who hasn't seen past Magtheridon. Pardon me if I don't take your opinion on Shadow Priests seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    The majority of shadowpriests with serious raid experience choose Dispersion.
    Most people I see do counter arguments is people playing PvP or low-end PvE.

Funny how it's more usefull in high-end PvE , since the high-end is where you take most raid damage.

QQ less, and try read the 100+ posts I've writte about Dispersion and why it don't suck allready.
    Your wrong, it does suck, 95% of the posts about dispersion on the US and EU beta forums as well as mmo-champion is how badly it sucks.

if dispersion sucks I'll gladly trade it with 51 beast master hunter talent lol...

new fluffy pet skins or a powerfull PVP spell? hmm...
    Waiting for SWTOR (Star wars: the old republic)

www.swtor.com

or... GW2... undecided

Your wrong, it does suck, 95% of the posts about dispersion on the US and EU beta forums as well as mmo-champion is how badly it sucks.
    And 95% of the posters haven't been in Sunwell, so their opinion means nothing to me.

People QQ to much. I remember the majority of the warlock community whined about how useless Death Coil were when they got it.

And 95% of the posters haven't been in Sunwell, so their opinion means nothing to me.
    Your just so wrong. You may have been playing a priest for 3 or so years, but i don't think you understand what we need dispersion to do, the mana regan Is good for pvp and pve, making it return hp again would make it a good 51 pt talent again. But Blizzard refuses to do it...

Your just so wrong. You may have been playing a priest for 3 or so years, but i don't think you understand what we need dispersion to do, the mana regan Is good for pvp and pve, making it return hp again would make it a good 51 pt talent again. But Blizzard refuses to do it...
    The HP refund was great, but it proved itself to be overpowered for PvP purposes, as it had no cost.

The current dispersion is the result of 3 months balancing, discussions and development. But most good suggestion and feedback been lost in the sea of QQ.

The argument about the 6 second self-silence is so irrelevant it's getting on my nerves. Blizzard INTEND caster classes to have stop-dps-regen-mana.

Life Tap
    Evocation
    Dispersion

Life Tap causes health drop, which can be dangerous, and Evocation is channeled AND roots you.

Argumenting against a new combat-design is stupid. Specially when you haven't even raided with it. It's the very same reason they introduced Potion Sickness and the new mechanics of Replenishment (comparing to old VT).

Scaling also is important, something the majority tend to totaly ignore or forget about, but something developers have to be extremly aware of.

I'm happy with the result of Dispersion. The only thing I would like is to get SW out of my rotation, and a tiny bit higher coffiency on my spells.

Lets compaire this to baseline abiltiies and some talents:
    Divine shield:
    12 secs of immunity, can continue dpsing or healing, can only be mass dispelled
    I'm sure most priests would swap dispersion for this, and this is a baselin ability that is basically better than our 51 point.
    Cloak of shadows is basically the same as this but lasts 1 sec less, cd is lower, and only works for spells, Probably wouldn't swap the 51 pt for this but it's pretty close to being just as good.
    Ice block is 10 secs of immunity, can't do anything, sorta like Dispersion really but u regain mana, and can't move, but u are immune so the moving part doesn't matter all that much.
    This is almost as good as our 51 point.
    Pain suppression 41:
    Pain suppression is 8 secs and you practically get 95% dispel resistance combined with resolve Aswell as 40% damage reduction you can also heal during this time or dps.
    Metamorphis:
    20% extra dmg
    600% more armor
    Special abilties
    duration of stuns and snares reducede by 50%
    6% Less change of being crit by melee attacks.
    lasts 30 secs.
    We all know this is 20 times better.
    Evocation (with glyph)
    Use mirror image, then use invisibility, run for about 10 secs, use icy veins plus evocation and it takes 6 secs or so to get 60% mana hp 60% mana.
    This is better than dispersion if u use this combo.

People QQ to much. I remember the majority of the warlock community whined about how useless Death Coil were when they got it.
    Nezoia, I agree with the poster above me that you are altogether to satisfied with Dispersion. You may have more than a thousand posts, indicating a certain level of being well-informed, but you seem blinded to the tens of thousands of posts that point out Dispersions flaws in that
    It does not increase PvE DPS, a current shortfall of Shadow Priests
    and
    It does not help the Shadow Priest in the compositions they are most successful in, (double dps in particular) as the priest's death is essentially delayed without a healer.

You raise a good point that most (but not all, which is a realistic goal for a 51 pointer) raiding priests will take it. This is only because neither DS or SoR add anything to the priest's DPS playbook that they can't get from another priest buffing them.

But in the case of PvP, many priests are finding that going cross-spec might be better than Dispersion, despite it being needed for PvP according to GC. 0/33/38 Lightwell/Blessed Resilience-Shadowform/Shadow Power specs are being extensively tested, and may turn out to provide enough survivability in twos and threes to make up for the loss in DPS of the nerfed VT.

I doubt I'm saying anything you haven't already heard, but your statement that Dispersion is essentialy perfect just screams for a response.

Oh and the Hp refund wasn't OP even if it was 10% per sec it wouldn't be OP

Blizzard INTEND caster classes to have stop-dps-regen-mana.

Life Tap
    Evocation
    Dispersion
    And Innervate, Mana Tide Totem, and Shadowfiend, of course.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

The HP refund was great, but it proved itself to be overpowered for PvP purposes, as it had no cost.

the 6 second self-silence
    I think silencing yourself for 6 seconds is costly enough. Rogues still get to attack through their CoS, and it even removes debuffs, AND is trainable.

The idea of Dispersion is great, but without the HP regen, it's not worth it to me. Their whole purpose of Dispersion was to 'make spriests viable in PvP', but to have it regen no HP, silencing you where you can't even switch out of shadow to heal yourelf, just doesn't sound appealing, at all.

It does not increase PvE DPS, a current shortfall of Shadow Priests
    Who ever said that a 51 point talent should be a (personal)dps increase ?

It does not help the Shadow Priest in the compositions they are most successful in, (double dps in particular)
    I'm mainly commenting from a PvE point of view. I still deem the hp regen overpowered, but I could see a few flaws in Arena.

But for Arena, my usually standpoint is that you should go Disciplin for Arena. Not all builds can be viable for everything. You can't have the best of 3 worlds, no matter how much you try.

I doubt I'm saying anything you haven't already heard, but your statement that Dispersion is essentialy perfect just screams for a response.
    Sorry, I've been trying to be more clear about my PvE point of view, but since I try and respond to every QQ thread, it tend to slip sometimes.
    I made a rather large post about it, where I clarify the PvE point of view in the start.

(But thanks for a proper argument, for once.)

And Innervate, Mana Tide Totem, and Shadowfiend, of course.
    While the first two doesn't have special requirements (besides range!!) using a SF can be tricky on some encounters.

Also we got Hymm of Hope , that also is channeled :-)

Just thought i would throw in my opinions..

I may never have been past SSC... :\, or know raid experience from those instance bosses =(, but i can do research and i'm not usually one to complain about something before i have tested it or seen it or at least done some kind of research or math..

I have never once complained about Disperation... i think its an awesome ability and has great raid/pvp utility...

My shadow priest is my most undergeared 70 atm (5th 70) and my guild has halted raiding till patch/expansion so... yeah :\

I personally hate it when people who are only in karazhan and complain about certain spells abilitys or skills when they may be more useful later on in raids or what ever.

Just thought i would put in my opinion...

-=Slavemaker=-

I personally hate it when people who are only in karazhan and complain about certain spells abilitys or skills when they may be more useful later on in raids or what ever.
    I did no way mean to offend people based on their raiding experience. I might went over the line with that comment, in that case, I apologise.

But certain things rarely happend in the initial raid dungeons, such as Spell Pushback, or Heavy AoE on the raid.

While you surely you could though Karazhan, Gruul's Lair, SSC and Tempest Keep without having abilities like Improved Shadowform, they become extremly viable and important for Black Temple and Sunwell Plateau.

If you read the discussion about improved Vampiric Embrace, this apply to the same ruleset. It's no shame to respec according to your level of progress, and to your group setup.

A example for Holy is Spell Warding. Again something that is semi-useless (5 points, Holy Tier2) for Tier4/5 bosses, but almost a requirement to do Gurtogg Bloodboil (5th boss in Black Temple), and almost all bosses in Sunwell Plateau.

While the first two doesn't have special requirements (besides range!!) using a SF can be tricky on some encounters.
    I mentioned those because they refute your belief that Blizz intends casters to stop DPS/healing while they Burst-Regen mana.

Who ever said that a 51 point talent should be a (personal)dps increase ?
    You're right, no one did. However, in a class that is going into the expansion already handicapped in DPS I would have hoped our landmark talent would have helped.

Moving on, you seem to be saying that you don't care about Dispersion from a PvP perspective, but are happy with it from a PvE perspective, but you don't think it should increase DPS. Given that a shadow priest's PvE role is DPS, I would like this explained.

I'll just agree to disagree on whether Shadow Priests should be PvP viable, considering Blizz went into this expansion saying they wanted to increase Shadow Priest PvP representation.

its AMAZING how ppl keep comparing class X with Y... stop that nonsense, dont u see thats pathetic?

otherwise the game would all be the same jezz...

AND AGAIN, if dispersion is weak what do u call most of the hunter 51 pointers? not to mention other 51 pointers that have no pvp use watesoever... at least urs has pvp and pve uses...

and yes I play a priest too, and a warrior, and a druid, and a paladin... and dispersion IS FAR FAR away from being sh1t talent.

and again, stop with the frekin comparisons.... if u want to compare anything cross class compare 51 talent points, not other crap...
    Waiting for SWTOR (Star wars: the old republic)

www.swtor.com

or... GW2... undecided