Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...

Re: Dispersion Is staying as a bad 51 pt

Quote Originally Posted by Freyros
    Use it for what?

For the 6 sec protection? Excuse me, but if you die without using it, then either you or the people you raid with did something wrong (i.e. seriously f*cked up).

For the 36% mana return? Last time I checked my stupid Shadowfiend did return more and didn't have side effects like an unwanted 6 sec silence or something.
    Are you terminally foolish? I am going to make you an offer. 36% mana with no downside and 90% damage reduction. If there is a 6 second gap where you can safely use it then why would you not? Of course kara can be walked through. I am fairly certain we could 5 man most, if not all, of it by now.

I willl reiterate an example, as you appear to be simple. Moroes. Vanishes for about 5-6 seconds. You have garrotte. Why would you not take the regen and damage reduction in the time you would have spent doing absolutely nothing? You like keeping your healers casting?

I will use dispersion EVERY TIME an appropriate opportunity arises. Sometimes it will be 'oh s***' and sometimes it will be a response to a timed event. Sometimes for damage reduction and sometimes for mana regen. Sometimes for both.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ufalah
    Also, to everyone who says PvP and means "arena" have you considered the applications outside arena? In BGs and World PvP this could be a very helpful spell. But no one thinks like that anymore and that is why I hate WoW "PvP"
    I know you probably didn't mean me with that comment but I'll reply with my 2 cents anyway

When I talk PVP I mean BGs. BGs are fun instead of the cookiecutter arena stuff. If I wanted esport I'd play CounterStrike. Anyway...

What good is dispersion in openworld-pvp/battlegrounds? If you have a healer healing you while you get smashed, you don't need it. If you don't have a healer, you will just die 6 seconds later. Simple as that.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Ntrails, would you be so kind not to call people names? Or keep silent if you can't hold your horses, please.

If a 6 second silence is not a downside then I don't know what the hell it is. There are moments when you won't lose any DPS while using it (like the Moroes' vanish, you mentioned), I'm not arguing here. I'm saying that it's worse than our idiotic Shadowfiend when it comes to mana regen. And what's more, why the hell should we need another mana regening talent? If we can't live without it, then something is wrong with our class.

I'd like to see a blue saying what is the use of this talent according to them.

15+ Year Old Account

Lets all just pray to the light that dispersion goes the way of cloak of shadows, becomes a baseline ability (blues said SPs cannot survive pvp without it even!) at some point, and we get a really cool shadow 51 point talent.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

"And what's more, why the hell should we need another mana regening talent?"

The new potion sickness debuff ""Unable to consume potions until you rest out of combat for a short duration." Would be a good reason for needing a mana regen talent especially if we are going to see very long fights in wotlk.
    - Melting Faces since 2006 -

i say it lets you cast holy spells while in dispersion for free
    that would make it good.

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    What good is dispersion in openworld-pvp/battlegrounds? If you have a healer healing you while you get smashed, you don't need it. If you don't have a healer, you will just die 6 seconds later. Simple as that.
    Not true, in the 6 seconds you will have healed some damage from VE. And you do not use it at 10% health, but at 50-60% health, when it is useful and appropriate. When the kidney shot, or HoJ hits you. I repeat myself when I point out your cooldowns are resetting as you stand being hardcore. Suddenly you have no weakened soul debuff. And your fear is back. Or perhaps the MB/SWD combo is back online. You have now avoided the deep freeze/shatter combo. There are plenty of uses. There are plenty of times when it is useless. By design.

In WSG can you flag carry with dispersion up? Cause that would be a use, would it not?

Ntrails, would you be so kind not to call people names? Or keep silent if you can't hold your horses, please.

If a 6 second silence is not a downside then I don't know what the hell it is. There are moments when you won't lose any DPS while using it (like the Moroes' vanish, you mentioned), I'm not arguing here. I'm saying that it's worse than our idiotic Shadowfiend when it comes to mana regen. And what's more, why the hell should we need another mana regening talent? If we can't live without it, then something is wrong with our class.

well i guess u never had one of those "fuck my sf was useless" again moments

happened to me quite a lot in arena
    sending it to fight the warri in bersi stance.. it runs after the druid and doesnt regen shit
    even when i hit the attack button like crazy it still wont get me much mana anymore since it wasted alot of time
    if it would work like its supposed to be..
    but atm it doesnt attack the target its supposed to be

Quote Originally Posted by Elsye
    The new potion sickness debuff ""Unable to consume potions until you rest out of combat for a short duration." Would be a good reason for needing a mana regen talent especially if we are going to see very long fights in wotlk.
    I don't remember the last time I had to use a potion other than the haste one, thank you. Seriously, like I said somewhere here earlier (not in this topic probably), this talent would be great for Kaz'rogal. And that's about it.

And, fl4shi, yeah, I've had one of those. That's why I always insult my stupid shadowfiend when I wrote about him.

15+ Year Old Account

And, fl4shi, yeah, I've had one of those. That's why I always insult my stupid shadowfiend when I wrote about him.
    That's why he's called shadowfiend, not shadowfriend.

I will throw any sort of abuse I feel is warranted. If it is not, report me to a moderator and get me banned.

The 6 second silence is only a downside at certain points of a fight. That is why I went through and listed all the fights in which it is likely to be perfectly usable. What have the performance of dispersion and the performance of SF got to do with each other? That is like saying 'why should I use a mana potion when I have a shadowfiend?' 'What use is the mana return on arcane torrent when I have shadow fiend?'

Note that mages use mana gems, potions, evocations. Warlocks used to use potions and life tap and dark pact. Shamans may have to use water shield and a mana regen totem....

The Devs gave us one more ability to put on our hotbar. Which performs a slightly different function to our shadowfirend. If we could not live without it, why would something be wrong with our class? Others have to use more than one ability. I am very greatful that my class involves the manipulation of several elements at once.

Multiple Dots
    Mulitple Cooldowns
    Multiple Mana regeneration abilities, with different situational usefulness.

I do not see your problem. The shadowfiend and SINGLE potion use per fight are not necessarily going to keep our mana topped up. On top of that if there is a free opportunity to use it why ever not do so? Since in many encounters there WILL be such an opportunity. Win - Win.

I do not agree that it is worse than shadowfiend. It is different. It has totally different parameters and uses. Find them and use it for what it is, or complain that DP is 'just another Dot, I already have SW:P which is better so why should I have to use it....'

There is a blue post. Use the tracker. It describes it as a situational PvE ability. Seems absolutely accurate.

*Yes I agree about SF being stupid. It is also fragile at times. On the other hand Mine has tanked al'ar for about 5 seconds (go go dodge) giving the moron warrior who was at the wrong ramp time to get there. And stop a flame buffet based wipe*

Dispersion is a great talent, maybe not *quite* worth the 51 talent point, but its really useful. One of spriests strong points is mana regen, and this talent revolves around...mana regen, and 36% is a decent number for six seconds of your time. Yeah ok its a bit long but in the long run that increase in mana will pay off for you and your raid members. Also realize it can be used at pretty much any point in time. Aside from this ability, the rest of the shadow tree looks really good, definetely better than it is now. I'm relatively new to shadow priests but apparently I understand the class alot better than other people do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntrails
    I will throw any sort of abuse I feel is warranted. If it is not, report me to a moderator and get me banned.
    You don't seem to be a person cultured enough to talk with, therefore I'll stop here.

I really don't know why this was nerfed for you guys. If they would change it back to regenerating health and mana, then it would seem like a decent 51 point talent to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva
    The fact remains that you FUCKING FAIL.

*appears again in the thread, shows a scary panda face*

In WSG can you flag carry with dispersion up? Cause that would be a use, would it not?
    Yes.

And uuh well. I think I written everything there is to write more than 3 times now, it's simply to boring to repeat it over and over again.

Nothing less to say , but that I wish I had Dispersion (and improved shadowform) during the last few days on Kil'jaeden.

The sucker is at 19% , and hopefully will die tonight before the 3.0 patch hits Europe.

You don't seem to be a person cultured enough to talk with, therefore I'll stop here.
    Awww shucks....?

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    The sucker is at 19% , and hopefully will die tonight before the 3.0 patch hits Europe.
    Good luck, again

Deleted

first i thought dispersion is a joke but dispersion is fine, just because it s not a dmg talent it doesnt mean that it does not have it s uses in pve fights....if u can t see that than don t skill it and i ll laugh at you going oom, while i m still casting like hell hehe... there are bigger problems with the shadow priest than dispersion

sry for bad english

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    I know you probably didn't mean me with that comment but I'll reply with my 2 cents anyway

When I talk PVP I mean BGs. BGs are fun instead of the cookiecutter arena stuff. If I wanted esport I'd play CounterStrike. Anyway...

Oh come on! It is never as simple as that. BGs provide an opportunity to really exercise the full potential of your class. Unlike arena where it is all about raping the living hell out of players, BG objectives sometimes get peoples attention.

Random example:

You are in AB. You are solo-guarding mine flag. You see horde inc.
    /bg INC MINE! NEED HALPZ!
    You fight a desparate battle, Psychic Scream, mind-flays, VTs, trinket, pots etc. But you are about to die and help hasn't arrived.

DISPERSION

6-seconds later you pop out and wand the guy trying to cap the flag. You get zerg-ed and finally killed. But they have to re-cap... and right before they manage to recap REINFORCEMENTS HAVE ARRIVED! HOOORAH! You saved mine flag!

Ok, so maybe it always won't be like that. But there are situations in BGs where this little trick would come in handy, as much as hunters trick people with FD (God I lol so hard when they fall for it) etc.

BGs > Arena imo in terms of fun