Leveling Builds (70 -> 80)

Time for a fun subject! What will be your leveling build?

Mine: 7/0/54: http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=bVMZZG0fVRfzfiqfzVo
    Key talents:

- Vielded Shadows
    - Improved VE
    - Mind Melt
    - Improved Shadowform
    - Dispersion

I don't find Pain and Suffering worth using, since Mind Blast triggers replenishment, it's a better finisher.

3min Shadowfiend and Dispersion should remove any requirement to drink while soloing.

I found a rotation of VT, Mind Blast, MF MF MF the best on the beta server. A bit slower damage, but due to Imp. Shadowform, it doesn't seem to bad to use MF more than usually. And I found using SW:P a mana waste.

What's your opinion?

Re: Leveling Builds (70 -> 80)

I've been playing around with holy/disc for leveling and am enjoying it. With spellpower replacing dmg/heal it's nice to be able to shield, PoM, renew and come out of a bad pull (5+mobs) with full health. For the record this may be more of a benefit to me the others as I hate leveling and usually do so with half my brain turned off.

Edit:
    might as well include the build, heh (see even talking about leveling half the brain goes)

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...00000000000000

@Maloar:
    Even if you want to level through Holy-Damage, you might want to consider "Spirit Tap". For 3 Points it is a very useful Talent if you are getting any Killing Blows.

So I think about starting at 70 with this build:
    edited

It includes Spirit Tap, all DpS-Holy-Skills and starts with 30 points in Disc, which I would follow down on my way to level 80.
    The advantage of this build should be to be able to heal in groups and dps if you quest alone.

Edit:
    Ups I forgot to spend 10 Points:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...00000000000000

I had spirit tap for a while, but I found holy DPS so mana consuming that I was drinking all the time with or without it, so I just dropped it. Again, this is designed around my playstyle, as I hate pulling mobs with low mana. Even if I'm 75% sure it'll be enough I'd rather just drink and get back to full.

Depressing to not use SW:P at all.

I might take a few of the more PvP based talents - Imp scream, silence, and the horror doodad. I would not bother with reduced blast cooldown for mob grinding.

Yours is better for instances of course....

I'll be using a holy/disc dps build a lot like Maloar's and Traverion's. I went 1-70 as holy/disc and enjoyed it all the way.

The only comments I'll make is that I really like Spirit Tap for the "trinket-ish" buff you get from it through Spiritual Guidance. (if you have ~500 base spirit (from BC healing gear, for example) you get 25% of that as spellpower all the time and when if goes up to ~1000 spirit during those 15 seconds of spirit tap, well, I just have a lot of fun with that free 125 spellpower for the first few spells of the next fight.)

And then also, Martydom is a talent I'll take just because I hate spell pushback. It might not be worth it since they chanced how pushback works now, though.

Inner Fire doesn't grant spell power until the level 71 rank. So, it's pretty useless to get right now. The discipline tree doesn't have that much to offer with only 61 points to spend, so I'd just go 61 Shadow atm.

Quote Originally Posted by adezero
    Inner Fire doesn't grant spell power until the level 71 rank. So, it's pretty useless to get right now. The discipline tree doesn't have that much to offer with only 61 points to spend, so I'd just go 61 Shadow atm.
    Why pick PvP talents, over getting 43 extra spellpower at level 71 ? (When you hit 71, you get 3/3 , so 45% of 95 spellpower)

blackout isnt a pvp talent. It can be awesome in 5 mans and raid trash. and why not have reduced threat? are you going to be leveling the whole way solo? pick up silence too, it can save your ass while soloing. Take everything out of disc and imp MB and stick it in there for improved survivability, it's not all about damage and mana. Twin Disciplines is also almost not worth getting except for filler points, only your instant casts?

something like this http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=bZZGefdRfkfiqfzVo

15+ Year Old Account

blackout isnt a pvp talent. It can be awesome in 5 mans and raid trash. and why not have reduced threat? are you going to be leveling the whole way solo? pick up silence too, it can save your ass while soloing. Take everything out of disc and imp MB and stick it in there for improved survivability, it's not all about damage and mana. Twin Disciplines is also almost not worth getting except for filler points, only your instant casts?

something like this http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=bZZGefdRfkfiqfzVo
    Spells that benefit from Twin Disciplines: Power Word Shield (supposedly), Shadow Word Pain, Mind Flay, Devouring Plague, Shadow Word Death. I'll take that for sure.

Oh and Shadowform now gives -30% thread anyway, with the buffed thread generation of tanks, you shouldn't have to take the -threat talent, especially not when leveling.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

blackout isnt a pvp talent. It can be awesome in 5 mans and raid trash.
    Not really. It is a PvP talent. It is a random proc which may or may not hit at a useful moment. Sometimes it does that, but not worth the 5 points. Plus it really screws up my grinding at times (I run out of range of mind flay whilst dotting cause the mob stopped).

I like your spec nezoia but why take imp SW:P if you dont use it?

Quote Originally Posted by Donjohn
    I like your spec nezoia but why take imp SW:P if you dont use it?
    How would I get to Tier 3 without it?

Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli
    http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=bVcb0hZZG0fmRczfiqfzc

I was thinking of going this... so I would have meditation all the time from the start. Then at 73 get dispersion.
    I would again argue against putting any points in disc even for meditation. You should have imp spirit tap up anyway. meditation will be good at level 80, but for now, I'd forget about it. I was raiding yesterday and was having no mana problems as 61 shadow, and if you mana does drop low, disperse. that dispersion will give you way more mana than meditation.

Blizzard is going to make is so you do more damage when you have swp on target (if i remember reading it correctly) so getting the talent that makes mf refresh the dot might be worth getting

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=bVMZZG0fiofkciqfzio

Something like this. I'm probably doing alot of instances and outdoor PvP while I'm at it. Might need to drop 2 points from somewhere to get Veiled Shadows but I believe it can wait for 2 more levels.. Dropped Imp VE totally becouse I've been used to bubble myself on every CD while grinding so health wont drop that much. Nice post by the way.

I agree with Nezoia...SW: P is a waste of mana when u can burn targets with MF especially with a increased range from the glyph. by the time targets get to u they are dead almost. As far as that goes...whats everyones raid or pvp specs gonna be?ive been dancing around with this for a minute so i wanna get u guys feed back on it.

My issue is that I don't want to respec much while leveling. I start with these assumptions:

- I will be doing instances and not just a pure mob grind to 80
    - Getting into instances will be easier as a healer than as a dps

So I have thought about a spec at 70 that will enable me to be a passable healer for 5 mans while still giving me good dps for solo'ing and grinding. This sounds like a lolsmite spec in some fashion. So I am going to start out of the gate with this:

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=bVfb0hxzbZfxxccbqwZh

Discipline: I have spec'd down to IDS. People laugh at IDS as being a waste in raids now, but it still has good value for solo'ing. At level 70 with Spiritual Guidance, IDS gives you 62.5 spell power, plus a boost to mana-regen. It seems like a no-brainer target. Spec'ing deeper into disc gimps healing, so I stop with IDS.

Holy: The core talents are Divine Fury and Surge of Light for dps. Enough healing talents are selected in the hope that I will be able to heal 5-mans comfortably.

Shadow: Spirit Tap for the trinket-like proc and the boost to mana regen.

I haven't tried this spec for grinding yet, so this is all presumption. But I have no down time on quests with 550 spirit even without Spirit Tap.

The strengths of this spec:
    - It should have really great mana regen, facilitating minimal downtime.
    - It should enable healing of 5-mans without respec'ing

The weaknesses of this spec:
    - It should have lower dps than shadow

The presumed rotation for grinding:
    Holy Fire, Smite, SW:P, Smite, Smite, Smite (taking smite procs as they happen)

I am not worried about the mana cost of SW:P. I assume that mobs will live long enough to get 3 ticks on SW:P. If they don't then it gets dropped from the rotation. It is also possible to finish up by wanding when the mob gets <30% health to get out of the 5SR and get more regen out of Spirit Tap when needed.