Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Arms Warriors need better Defense/Utility in PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Whitcher
    There was a blue post stating that they're trying to get fury into PvP since it was pretty worthless in TBC and arms into PvE for pretty much the same reason.
    Right they want to make it PvP viable, not fury is for PvP and arms is for PvE as the person I quoted earlier stated.
    - Khody is the Lord and God of the Forums. When spoken to, you may only refer to him as the following:
    'Lord Khody'
    'My Liege'
    'The One True King'
    'God'

Quote Originally Posted by Whitcher
    There was a blue post stating that they're trying to get fury into PvP since it was pretty worthless in TBC and arms into PvE for pretty much the same reason.
    While under the effect of bladestorm you cannot be CCd and heroic fury is on a 45 second cooldown. What the hell else do you want?
    stop writing crap plz and learn how a warrior work before saying false information like that.

u want utility? then start thinking outside the box.
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warr...00000000000000

what do u have here:
    controlled stun(with some very nice dmg(75% of AP).
    ranged 3 sec silence(heroic throw).
    +10% avoidance VS melee.
    50% 3s stun when u dodge/parry(u need to move to defensive but against melee u'll b going that way for disarm anyway).
    30% shorter duration on snares.
    last stand.
    lower cooldown on disarm(which is now ultra useful cause it gives everyone 10% dmg boost against the target)

if u really like the whole bleed idea(i dont, because u cant b in battle stance in PvP[no pummel and intercept is just lawl]) u can move points from cruelty into the bleed talents, i wouldnt).

edit: and to all the whiners about melee, if u lose to melee with this spec u deserve to fail forever, 1 sec CD on revenge with the stun procs and the dmg it does is just crazy(20% AP + 1500).

Quote Originally Posted by MMage
    u want utility? then start thinking outside the box.
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warr...00000000000000

what do u have here:
    controlled stun(with some very nice dmg(75% of AP).
    ranged 3 sec silence(heroic throw).
    +10% avoidance VS melee.
    50% 3s stun when u dodge/parry(u need to move to defensive but against melee u'll b going that way for disarm anyway).
    30% shorter duration on snares.
    last stand.
    lower cooldown on disarm(which is now ultra useful cause it gives everyone 10% dmg boost against the target)

if u really like the whole bleed idea(i dont, because u cant b in battle stance in PvP[no pummel and intercept is just lawl]) u can move points from cruelty into the bleed talents, i wouldnt).

edit: and to all the whiners about melee, if u lose to melee with this spec u deserve to fail forever, 1 sec CD on revenge with the stun procs and the dmg it does is just crazy(20% AP + 1500).
    you gotta stay in def stance alot for Revenge...and no Piercing Howl in Def stance = bad.
    Plus if go hybrid spec is the only way to let warrior be viable in arena like what we are on live in most cases then blizz is not doing a good job.

i remeber those videos at the beginning of the TBC when warriors was getting soloed by felguards and stuff. But we ended up being alright, if a class is broken they will fix it, its just that simple. Also warriors gained alot of defensive cooldowns and untility spells with the new talents, ppl just havn't adapted to it yet.

Well warrior power has always been tied to their supreme melee class mobility and undispellable snare/mortal strike. I can see that warrior won`t be as dominating as it was before but propably will end up being very competive when they get purpples on.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsuka
    And don't forget we'll be able to use Shield Wall in arena now.
    you can also use Retaliation now :OOO

as for OP, warriors have great survival in pvp, you just need to l2p
    the ensidia ban was clever marketing

oh noes, someone is using engineering

I have a 80 premade warrior right now , and I've been doing some tests.

For PVE arms 51/14/0 is the best build right now ofc with pvp gear , fury won't be good enough until you have a lot of hit rating.

Now about pvp , I must agree with the op that we need something more. Every melee dps is killing us 1on1 , and don't say l2p , cause on live I can kill any melee and rogues are piece of cake , even when they have double evasion and try to bleed kite I end up winning cause of warstomp, but on the beta it's not like that i get stunlocked til 50% , ofc i can trinket out and they just blind me and stealth again. Mutilate is doing some nasty damage believe me.
    I won't do any comment about pala's and dk's they just kick our asses and enh shamans with maelstorm weapon do it too.
    Against healers :
    We stand no chance against druids , cause they can run from us , and now that we have no mace stun we can't have a luck proc and kill them in that stun.
    Pala's , lol, i'm critting 1k ms(they have 22k hp +-) on them and they can kite us now and kill us with holy shock and judgements lol
    Shaman's , nothing different from live in 1on1's at least
    Priests are the easiest one but anyway their power word:shield is better than never and we have no rage for a long time cause of that , now we got no deathwish so we'll get feared sometimes.
    Casters :
    Frost mage - cry
    Other mages - not bad tbh (yesterday got a mage to 50% and sudden death proced then i crited execute 10k and bye mage) but still harder than it is live
    Lock - depends on the spec but they are far harder to win 1on1 than it is on live right now, aff has a lot of survability and we got no deathwish now so we get feared. Destro has a lot of burst and with backlash , soul link , seduction and shadowfury it gets hard to kill them.
    hunters are the easiest class now imo , if they are bm u just have to survive those seconds of beast within , if they are not it's pretty easy just have to make them trinket out of hamstring and then when u get them hamstringed again ,use bladestorm.

I've tried prot in pvp too and i was winning almost every fight 1on1 , 2 silences , 2 stuns , we get out of every root nova with warbringer and shield slam is dealing more damage than ms. The big problem here is the lack of -healing that will make prot not viable in arenas.

Fury sucks, pvp gear = miss everything , and i don't have gear with hit to test it as it should.
    Sorry bout the long post peepz

Quote Originally Posted by velourea
    you can also use Retaliation now :OOO

as for OP, warriors have great survival in pvp, you just need to l2p
    warriors dont have great survival in pvp. unless youre prot but you dont kill fast enough then. retaliate? blind, chains of ice> coil >coil >coil. all within your MINIMUM charge range. shield reflect? toss one shitty spell. and continue.

dont even mention los. alot of environmental are glitched. spells and shots travel right through.

in wotlk i found it easier to face mages and hunters. but pallies dks and rogues faceroll you easy.

shattering throw is key but even that can be interrupted. and i have to pop shield reflect AND shattering throw at the same time.

the warrior can only go 1 way in a fight and that is towards the opponent, theres no escaping cept by tanking it. EVEN then i dont block with my back towards my opponent.
    A patient player should not lose to a warrior. fact.

Arms is very strong in pvp so I dont know why they need something better..
    Only warrior spec that need buff in pvp is fury..

btw...lol

Lol, a person with one post ressurecting a 7 month old thread.

Just a troll, nothing to see here, move along everyone.

My advice playing warrior for 3 yrs, Stance dance, and stay in prot against casters for less dmg, then switch back-forth for procs in battle stance get off 1-2 quick attacsk, go back again, its called stance dancing for a reason, ur not meant to be able to stay in the one stance and wtf pwn everyone.
    http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wow/3/2/5/9/4/832594cRiax.png

Quote Originally Posted by Streen
    I have a 80 premade warrior right now , and I've been doing some tests.

Priests are the easiest one but anyway their power word:shield is better than never and we have no rage for a long time cause of that , now we got no deathwish so we'll get feared sometimes.

Lock - depends on the spec but they are far harder to win 1on1 than it is on live right now, aff has a lot of survability and we got no deathwish now so we get feared.....
    Berserker Rage does just fine for me, with a charge back in and a fear of my own. GG
    If you can't eat through a priest shield with a charge/rend/MS/maybe an Overpower, then you probably need better gear and quit QQing. All of these people crying about how we suck need to l2p, STANCE DANCE, SWORD/BOARD, DISARM, SHIELD WALL, SHIELD BLOCK, INTERVENE, THUNDERCLAP, DEMO SHOUT - wow look at all of those abilities that are survival related and they actually make a difference and will help you survive.

I play priest/war, and I constantly have to play defensive, especially against rogue/mage, priest/rogue, double dps teams. They usually try to burst the healer, but there have been quite a few teams we've been meeting lately that will focus me.

So again, L2P, stance dancing is your friend as well as your shield.

bad warrior is bad
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

Who revived the thread? ???
    This user has been banned.

Damn it, I really need to start checking dates!

Jams on page 2, tricked us all.