1. #1

    Hunters in Arena at 80 the same as 70?

    I made a premade Hunter and been doing Arena, and it feels as if they have the same old problems as they do at 70.

    Don't get me wrong, some of the new changes and spells are nice, but they don't seem to really fix any of the major problems.

    Opinions?

    And please keep the bashing of the question down, I just wanna know what people are thinking and feeling about how Hunters are changing as Blizzard adds and remove things.


    Also forgot to add this. Since playing my Premade Hunter in Beta in arena I've learned this Hunters can't pull off the double dps team. If people feel wrong please let me know what dps classes for 2s that Hunters can do well with.

    To me it's just to hard to pull of double dps in 2s. In my point of view Hunters are just better off doing 2s with a healer.

    They can't survive long enough to dps without a healer. It's to hard to run and try to live and on top of that do enough damage to take someone out.

  2. #2

    Re: Hunters in Arena at 80 the same as 70?

    yes main problems remain.

    -terrible LOS problems still (blizz promised 2 anti LOS abilities... still waiting...)
    -TEERIBAD mana problems
    -terrible survavibility against casters
    - not enough brust to be able to choose other gamestyles, so the draining gamestyle still remains and pretty much the only one reliable.
    Waiting for SWTOR (Star wars: the old republic)

    www.swtor.com

    or... GW2... undecided

  3. #3

    Re: Hunters in Arena at 80 the same as 70?

    Quote Originally Posted by xourico
    yes main problems remain.

    -terrible LOS problems still (blizz promised 2 anti LOS abilities... still waiting...)
    -TEERIBAD mana problems
    -terrible survavibility against casters
    - not enough brust to be able to choose other gamestyles, so the draining gamestyle still remains and pretty much the only one reliable.
    Yeah, feels better seeing someone else list the problems. I do wish Hunters can be good at something other then draining in Arena.. Same thing goes for raiding and BM. I hate having one thing and it being the only thing that is worth using.

    It seems in raiding they have a few more options then they do in Arena as far as builds and strategy goes.

  4. #4

    Re: Hunters in Arena at 80 the same as 70?

    well about the speccs, well in arena there will be many viable specs now, even tho the draining game remains.

    for example, the BM /aimed /scater+surefooted specc
    or the double BM with readiness
    or the deep MM for disarms with chimera shot
    or the survival ones based on burst due to lock&load

    ofc we are a unfinished class, like many blues said "xx will be fixed after launch" "yy will be implemented after launch" bla bla... like the trap mastery talent for example...

    Im not even gonna mention how retarded the 51 BM talent pointer is when it comes to serious PVE/PVP, its a mere nuubie OMG NEW PETS so cute!! talent
    Waiting for SWTOR (Star wars: the old republic)

    www.swtor.com

    or... GW2... undecided

  5. #5

    Re: Hunters in Arena at 80 the same as 70?

    Quote Originally Posted by xourico
    well about the speccs, well in arena there will be many viable specs now, even tho the draining game remains.

    for example, the BM /aimed /scater+surefooted specc
    or the double BM with readiness
    or the deep MM for disarms with chimera shot
    or the survival ones based on burst due to lock&load

    ofc we are a unfinished class, like many blues said "xx will be fixed after launch" "yy will be implemented after launch" bla bla... like the trap mastery talent for example...

    Im not even gonna mention how retarded the 51 BM talent pointer is when it comes to serious PVE/PVP, its a mere nuubie OMG NEW PETS so cute!! talent
    Last time I tried Readiness did not finish the cooldown for Beastial Wrath.

  6. #6

    Re: Hunters in Arena at 80 the same as 70?

    Quote Originally Posted by Samyueru
    Last time I tried Readiness did not finish the cooldown for Beastial Wrath.
    I just think that is a bug because it wasn't supposed to be able to have both of them to begin with, but then they changed it and haven't thought about that.. Should be fixed soon enough.

  7. #7

    Re: Hunters in Arena at 80 the same as 70?

    Quote Originally Posted by Samyueru
    Last time I tried Readiness did not finish the cooldown for Bestial Wrath.
    It does now.

    And yes, all the PVP children on the beta forums are whining about how we're bad in Arena, so I assume we still are. Not that I care.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •