Wotlk retri itemization... sad face

So i have just checked the new pve retri paladin items and im not impressed.
    What we get?! : strength, crit and HASTE. Oh its just great but where is my HIT AND EXPERTISE???
    My guess is warriors are getting it for a reason and it wont be so easy to get hit/exp capped if u get 0 from the paladin items. And some armor penetration would be nice aswell.

Hmm i have compared the pala set with warrior /25man/
    3 items have the same stat,atleast same numbers: 50 haste vs 50 crit
    But the warrior helm (and chest) is far better. WHYOHWHY?
    pala helm: 85str,67stam,94haste 40crit
    warrior helm:85str 102stam,92 crit 42hit

Re: Wotlk retri itemization... sad face

well when u think about it considering paladins scale very well with haste (seals damage depends on weapon speed not attack speed afaik) its actually pretty good...

what u want armor pen for if most of ur damage is not affected by it?

haste > arp for sure...

some expertise and hit would be nice tho lol

and ur helm has 40 hit, not crit actually...
    Waiting for SWTOR (Star wars: the old republic)

www.swtor.com

or... GW2... undecided

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Pampers
    What we get?! : strength, crit and HASTE. Oh its just great but where is my HIT AND EXPERTISE???
    My guess is warriors are getting it for a reason and it wont be so easy to get hit/exp capped if u get 0 from the paladin items. And some armor penetration would be nice aswell.
    haste is pretty nice now with sotm instead of soc, and in wotlk ArP won't have as big an effect as in tbc. you do alot more holy damage in wotlk than in tbc

Hmm thats true
    Thx to judgement change and ds arp wont be so important
    Yes haste is nice,but exp and hit are more important till u get capped and one more thing, HASTE IS TOTALLY USELESS FOR PVP

so is pvping with pve gear (in theory anyway) so whats the problem with haste on pve items?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Pampers
    Hmm thats true
    Thx to judgement change and ds arp wont be so important
    Yes haste is nice,but exp and hit are more important till u get capped and one more thing, HASTE IS TOTALLY USELESS FOR PVP
    it is pve gear... go cry somewhere else about pvp

you're complaining about the 5 piece sets out of naxx not having the stats you want? Nevermind the non-set boots, belt, bracers, rings, neck, weapon, and trinket slots

Quote Originally Posted by Recar
    so is pvping with pve gear (in theory anyway) so whats the problem with haste on pve items?
    Yes Arp and Haste are crap... total crap. But I think the devs said that they intentionally don't make all items packed with only grade A stats, they add the crappier stats like Haste and Arp but I think they are cheaper and do not take up as much item budget. Expertise would be really nice I agree, it's very hard to come by.

no its just that as you go up in tiers they will give you better itemization.

I have 27 expertise on beta (not rating) with way over hit cap---trying to get some haste pants, and in 25 mans I'm doing 3500-4k dps normally. Ret itemization is really almost too much. Ask anyone in beta now and they'll tell you plate drops everywhere now.

For t7.25 here is a breakdown off the diff between war and pally. Its really not that bad.

PalStrStaCritHitHaste
    War Str Sta Crit Hit Pen Expertise
    385 495 326 108 86 116

What are we going to do about all this +Hit on the PvE Weapons and Gear.

I know they are designed to fit PvE Fury Warriors, but what about Paladins and Death Knights.

Some of that added +hit goes to waist when using 2handers.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

There are a couple things you have to keep in mind
    1) Naxx is essentially the Kara of Wrath, and you wouldn't expect to be uber coming out of Kara
    2) Bliz has said they don't want it to be a no-brainer to always get full raid sets. They want you get upgrades from other sources as well.

Take what you need, leave the rest

As other posters have stated, armor penetration is nearly useless to ret paladins. Thumos, where are you coming up with the "haste is garbage" stuff?

Also, tier gear is helm, shoulders, chest, legs, and gloves. That leaves you... bracers, belt, boots, rings and trinkets to make up the +hit and +expertise you need. Don't freak out too much.

The other issue is that warriors need an ungodly amount of +hit if they're fury, so it makes sense that the dps tier set for warriors has hit on it. The expertise... I admit I was a little puzzled by this as well, but it's nothing we can't adjust to.