Affliction at 70?

I was wondering if someone came up with an Affliction build for 70's in the new patch.

All I see now is Destruction builds, I'll spec Destro if that's the only way ofcourse, but I am just curious if Affliction will apply for raiding in the new patch. I haven't been on the PTR because of pre-patching problems, so I haven't come up with a build of my own yet as of lack of experience with new talents.

Re: Affliction at 70?

All the 1-button-warlocks are crying about 3.0 because blizzard wants to have every dps class to rotate with spells to make damaging more interesting. For a long time now the 21/40 sacrifice destro spec was the best/endgame DPS spec.

most of the destro locks now try to find a good destro spec because it was the best before 3.0

Blizzard wants every DPS tree to do nearly the same damage so that everybody can choose what he likes to play and what he is best in. Of course its not easy to balance and the talents are made for the expansion and are balanced to lvl 80. So there definitely has to be some imbalance at lvl 70 and we have to go through.

I personally think Affliction will be viable with 3.0 and produce maybe even better DPS than fire destro

Since Lassive failed to awnser the question at hand...
    I'll link a good lv 70 affliction build here.

Bascially since Imp SB has been nerfed so bad, it's not practical to take it (expect to get Ruin at lv 80).

You want to through up haunt and UA basically one after the other, and start your rotation with 1 SB (to get 2 stacks of SE)

So your rotation would go like this:
    Cure(CoE here or CoA after Haunt) -> SB -> Haunt -> UA -> Corruption -> Siphon Life -> SBx3 -> Haunt -> UA ->, update as needed

Keep haunt up at all times as it will refresh corruption, and use your felpuppy.

i think affliction will be viable definitely . i woud try and go 51 010 if you can. you will have to sacrifice some stuff in affliction to get that done though. the rotation i used on ptr was corr ua immo SL coa haunt lifetap lifetap Shadowbolt x3 UA immo sl coa LT LT SBx3 etc etc.. you basically repeat the ua immo sl coa LT LT SBx3 rotation after the initial.

BTW Imp SB doesn't affect DoT's anymore :'(

@ Lassive

Locks didnt QQ about not having to press just one button in expansion but the ISB nerf.

@ Dave55man

Sanakthe stated in the ''new patch'' and at lvl 70''. This means u dont get talents like Haunt and everlasting affliction. Do u think new patch will bring in talents and spells meant for WoLK?

LOL...
    YES
    If you notice the PTR is the new patch (3.0) which brings the new talents :P

Quote Originally Posted by QQHater
    @ Lassive

Locks didnt QQ about not having to press just one button in expansion but the ISB nerf.

@ Dave55man

Sanakthe stated in the ''new patch'' and at lvl 70''. This means u dont get talents like Haunt and everlasting affliction. Do u think new patch will bring in talents and spells meant for WoLK?
    as above posted, it will bring new talents, where you been the last few months? =P

also, affliction i might try for a bit before wotlk comes out, i've been destro fire for the most part will be nice to see how it compares with haunt etc, seemed to work ok on the PTR but experience was limited there.

i don't think afflic at 70 will be that great just because you can't get ruin and huant. at 80 it will be the best spec hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by dave55man
    Since Lassive failed to awnser the question at hand...
    I'll link a good lv 70 affliction build here.

Bascially since Imp SB has been nerfed so bad, it's not practical to take it (expect to get Ruin at lv 80).

You want to through up haunt and UA basically one after the other, and start your rotation with 1 SB (to get 2 stacks of SE)

So your rotation would go like this:
    Cure(CoE here or CoA after Haunt) -> SB -> Haunt -> UA -> Corruption -> Siphon Life -> SBx3 -> Haunt -> UA ->, update as needed

Keep haunt up at all times as it will refresh corruption, and use your felpuppy.
    Thanks for this reply. Seems like a nice build, altho I really have to get used to the new DoT rotation haha.