Everybody loves a Shaman

I realize after reading new post that people are still crying about shamans, well hey i love my shaman don't think I'll roll another class, probably a Ret Paladin =D.

Anyway for the past couple days I've been running Mana Tombs and all the other instances that are in that area (don't remember how to spell the other 2 and yall like to bash for spelling) and the times that I've done it Ank and off healed has saved the party every time I don't know if the healers sucked but I find myself while fighting the last boss in Shettalk halls (spell check plz ) when he does that AOE acrane blast and everybody runs behind a column I help healers heal everybody and heal myself. I remember the first time i went there and we wiped and the pally asked me " hey Stam u got ank" as i poped up he yelled " I love shammy's" and im sure every shaman on the board has got that

Now that with new trees instant cast healing it would make shamans more versatile I can see it now

(Before new trees " Iamlame: LF2M Dps/Off-Healer")
    (After new trees "Iamlame: LF1M Enhance Shaman) lol

And just imagine in BG after rapping a "insert class here" and you still have your maelstrom proc'ed instant cast Chain lighting I expect great amount of QQ when 3.0 goes live but i guess blizz is gonna put on the good old nerf gloves and give our tree a cavity search but until them I'm sticking with ma shaman all the way!

Re: Everybody loves a Shaman

after playing my enh shammy on beta its tons of fun. Feels very hybridize(sp). But when it comes to pvp.. the talents of alot of the other classes really holds us back.. Im still in limbo about whether to take my shaman or hunter to 80 and make it my main.. right now im leaning more to hunter. But shaman is tons of fun and in bgs O-M-G ive crushed tons of dreams very fun. however i want to be viable in both pvp (mostly) and pve.. as enhancement so thats why im going hunter =D
    Always check links before clicking

im pretty new to the whole WoW thing as it is i started over the summer cause my friend has a 70 bloodelf rouge but i would have to say i love my shaman as well he isnt the best it can be at his lv but he is pretty dang good id say

15+ Year Old Account

That's why I love my shaman, it fits my play style perfectly since i'm not some ego-stroking damage meter fiend. I'm willing to do the odd jobs to keep the groups safe and alive. I think in the long run it helps too like in getting into raids who would you take the Rogue who posts recount 10 times every raid or the shaman who will frost shock a mob going for the healer, off-heal, control adds, do decent damage and hell if things get rough we even have an emergency off-tank every 15 minutes.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    That's why I love my shaman, it fits my play style perfectly since i'm not some ego-stroking damage meter fiend. I'm willing to do the odd jobs to keep the groups safe and alive. I think in the long run it helps too like in getting into raids who would you take the Rogue who posts recount 10 times every raid or the shaman who will frost shock a mob going for the healer, off-heal, control adds, do decent damage and hell if things get rough we even have an emergency off-tank every 15 minutes.
    I'd take the rogue.
    Because of following things:
    - Our "Offheal" sucks in raids. It sucks badly... why should you take a dps specc into a raid who does ~300 or 400 hps? It isn't really useful, as you'll do lower dps this way...
    - How do YOU want to control adds? You mean with Hex? It sucks... it really does o.O Just take a mage more for it... or let the rogue use.. i don't know.. maybe Blind, Gouge, Kidney Shot... even Cheap Shot, if he is still stealthed.
    - Your earth elemental gets killed in ~5 seconds, if you are in a raid. That is not really emergency off-tanking...

All the things you said are right and a reason to take a shaman over a rogue, BUT NOT IN A RAID!
    If you're looking at 5-mans, than you're absolutely right and a shaman could make it easier. But in a raid you're wasting dps, if you do it like that... and btw, your frostshock won't stop the mob, it just slows him - which is in most cases not enough to save the healer by yourself.. at least if there is no tank around who instantly recognises, that a healer is aggroed.

Above == rogue fan boy.
    "Oh cry me a fucking river EmoBoy " - Gauntlet: Avengers Initiative 01, page 19.

2H forever ...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cimento
    Above == rogue fan boy.
    "Oh cry me a fucking river EmoBoy " - Gauntlet: Avengers Initiative 01, page 19.
    Fan boy or not, he tells the truth. I hope they don't close beta till wotlk goes life. I am not looking forward to logging on my shaman. :-\

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by DaDimi
    I'd take the rogue.
    - Our "Offheal" sucks in raids. It sucks badly... why should you take a dps specc into a raid who does ~300 or 400 hps? It isn't really useful, as you'll do lower dps this way...
    - How do YOU want to control adds? You mean with Hex? It sucks... it really does o.O Just take a mage more for it... or let the rogue use.. i don't know.. maybe Blind, Gouge, Kidney Shot... even Cheap Shot, if he is still stealthed.
    - Your earth elemental gets killed in ~5 seconds, if you are in a raid. That is not really emergency off-tanking...

All the things you said are right and a reason to take a shaman over a rogue, BUT NOT IN A RAID!
    If you're looking at 5-mans, than you're absolutely right and a shaman could make it easier. But in a raid you're wasting dps, if you do it like that... and btw, your frostshock won't stop the mob, it just slows him - which is in most cases not enough to save the healer by yourself.. at least if there is no tank around who instantly recognises, that a healer is aggroed.
    Raids we'll still be smart enough to stick with DPS as healers can usually back themselves up when something goes wrong. Controlling adds simply means those fights in which non elite mobs show up (direbrew,SL,BM) we can cut through them easy.

Yes most of things I said have to do with 5-mans. sorry next time i'll put a disclaimer

Doesn't change the fact that overall i'm happy with my shaman. Although some people still can't pull themselves out of the QQousphere.

Quote Originally Posted by DaDimi
    I'd take the rogue.

if you dont have an enhancement shammy in the raid, your decision to take a rogue is highly questionable. windfury totem, while not unique, is still by far the best buff of its kind. the only similar buff, icy talons, is proc based and not up 100% of the time.

hex is better than any rogue stun, and arguably better than sap, because its usable in combat.

additionally, in a heroic, an earth elemental can tank quite a bit if you step back and heal it. maybe not in a raid, but he was talking about heroics, so why bring raids up.

20% haste > rogue

As far as PvP goes after 3.0 shaman will be fun but are by far the squishiest melee in the game. On PTR atm Enh lasts about 2 seconds against 2+ other melee opponents. Take into account 65% of all PvP'ers will be ret pally's and we last even less.

Resto and Elemental are looking considerably stronger in PvP just because they stay away from the fight and/or have instant's to heal/buy them time.

Just my opinion but I guess we'll all see in a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Gomexus
    As far as PvP goes after 3.0 shaman will be fun but are by far the squishiest melee in the game. On PTR atm Enh lasts about 2 seconds against 2+ other melee opponents. Take into account 65% of all PvP'ers will be ret pally's and we last even less.

Resto and Elemental are looking considerably stronger in PvP just because they stay away from the fight and/or have instant's to heal/buy them time.

Just my opinion but I guess we'll all see in a few hours.
    As far as pvp healing, Riptide is gonna be sick. Especially for BG's, that 6 second CD instant + hot is really gonna take resto shaman to druid levels of "have fun trying to kill me".

15+ Year Old Account

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=50887

How is that a proc?

Icy Talons Rank 5
    20 yd range
    You leech heat from victims of your Frost Fever, so that when their melee attack speed is reduced, yours increases by 20% for the next 20 sec.

so icy talons basically better than WF totem due to it slowing people down by %20 in attack speed?
    or is that just for the self buff not raid buff

15+ Year Old Account

Yeah the only thing more I could possibly ask for is a Frostbrand snare/attack speed reduction.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Miranger
    so icy talons basically better than WF totem due to it slowing people down by %20 in attack speed?
    or is that just for the self buff not raid buff
    http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=49909

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=51456

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=50887

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=55610

Please read to understand.