Spec for Patch 3.0 or w/e comes out tmrw

I have been going through and looking at current specs for holy priests for the coming content patch that is due this tuesday, and have been having a hard time picking and chosing talents from disc and holy tree to get what I want. I am currently stuck between specs that look something like

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...00000000000000

or

do you think that either of those are viable specs for the new patch or do you have a better spec?

Re: Spec for Patch 2.3 or 2.4 or w/e comes out tmrw

i think it's 3.0 but tbh the number is irrelevent, it's the new patch

Re: Spec for Patch 3.0 or w/e comes out tmrw

i like the first one a little better, but you do know holy fire is going to increase your healing now? it might be worth putting points into imp. holy fire for more healing.

The obvious downside to your second spec is that you have to sacrifice Meditation and Inner Focus, 2 talents that have been staples in every major priest healing spec pre-3.0.

There are a few deep holy talents based on mana regen / conservation, but I doubt the developers designed them to take the place of Meditation.

Guardian Spirit seems like a cool skill, definitely worth playing around with, but whether it will make your second spec "better" will probably depend on whether you can still heal without going OOM in the long fights.

I'll be doing this: 3/0/58

Improved Shadowform is defintive needed for me, as I'm progressing on Kil'jaeden (19% tonight!)

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    I'll be doing this: 3/0/58

Improved Shadowform is defintive needed for me, as I'm progressing on Kil'jaeden (19% tonight!)
    I fear you'll be losing a lot of progress post-patch, since the mechanics will be changing so much. Hope you get him down pre patch!

I also cannot approve of the 2/3 as I've said before. Any running and jumping will end up with too little casts to guarentee the refresh, and dropping a stack hurts more than that 1 point in twin disc helps imho

Well, hopefully the -30% health nerf on raid mobs/bosses will be enough to make up for the massive amount of spellhit shadow priests are losing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntrails
    I fear you'll be losing a lot of progress post-patch, since the mechanics will be changing so much. Hope you get him down pre patch!

I also cannot approve of the 2/3 as I've said before. Any running and jumping will end up with too little casts to guarentee the refresh, and dropping a stack hurts more than that 1 point in twin disc helps imho
    Thanks

I forgot about the movement, was more intended to a level 80 build. I'll likely go with 3/3 for Sunwell. We'll see how the fights will be in WotLK.

If anything, I'll cut off a point from Focused Mind.

Well, hopefully the -30% health nerf on raid mobs/bosses will be enough to make up for the massive amount of spellhit shadow priests are losing.
    It's still only 11%, just equip some other gear =)

I will probably go with something like:

I'm not sure about the 2 points in divine providence.
    If the tank TPS is not as high as what I read, I might put these 2 points in silent resolve.

No healing focus?!?!?! That's a outrage, you CANNOT raid or PvP without that talent!

Also Tank TPS goes up, and Silent Resolve shouldn't even be nessary with today's (lower) tank tps.

I would spend 1 point in Desperate Prayer, and if you're in late BT or Sunwell ofcource Spellwarding instead of Holy Specialization.

Serendipity is a bit of "I suck healing" talent, so if you're skilled I'd recomend more points in Imp. Holy Conc. or Divine Providence.

Also if you don't wish to get Guardian Spirit, I would allocate 5 points to Mental Agility, it's a heavy mana reduction for CoH.

And for the sake of the titans, don't take lolwell !

Overhealing happens, no way around it, so I wouldn't call serenpidity a bad talent.
    Although you have a good point for mental agility.

Unfortunately I don't have any points to spare for spell warding or desperate prayer.

We are starting on bloodboil this week so maybe I'll change my mind about spell warding :P

Is the new lightwell so bad?

I always saw Serendipity as "I am so good at healing that I can consistently manage about 10% overheal."

Quote Originally Posted by Silai
    Overhealing happens, no way around it, so I wouldn't call serenpidity a bad talent.
    Although you have a good point for mental agility.

Unfortunately I don't have any points to spare for spell warding or desperate prayer.

We are starting on bloodboil this week so maybe I'll change my mind about spell warding :P
    Either way, you NEED Healing Focus, or you'll be the most useless healer in existance.

And Spell Warding is much better than Holy Specialization for Bloodboil.