PVP v assassination rogues?

ok heres the deal. As destro i tried everything against a friend of mine whos mutilate spec and i could not beat him. he would get cheap shot some damage then kidney and i would trinket. he would immediately pop cloak so i couldnt deathcoil or shadowfury and with the amount of damage they are doing i died before cloak wore off. the second time i tried trinketing the cheap shot and shadowfury then death coil and fear but the fear wasnt fast enough with the death coil and he cloaked an dit was over again. Im kinda lost on how to actually beat them. maybe have succi out and charm the after the cheap shot and use fear shadowfury etc?

Re: PVP v assassination rogues?

Quote Originally Posted by wearelegion83
    ok heres the deal. As destro i tried everything against a friend of mine whos mutilate spec and i could not beat him. he would get cheap shot some damage then kidney and i would trinket. he would immediately pop cloak so i couldnt deathcoil or shadowfury and with the amount of damage they are doing i died before cloak wore off. the second time i tried trinketing the cheap shot and shadowfury then death coil and fear but the fear wasnt fast enough with the death coil and he cloaked an dit was over again. Im kinda lost on how to actually beat them. maybe have succi out and charm the after the cheap shot and use fear shadowfury etc?
    I PVP a ton on the Beta with my Mutilate rogue. I've always been fond of daggers and I am very happy that the spec is usable in PVP now, it lacks in Mobility but it makes up for it in burst actually staying true to the tree, Assassination.

Anyway, being a Clothie this is going to be your hardest class to beat, 1 on 1 it may be impossible if you're fighting one of equal gear who knows what he's doing. Here are my suggestions;

1:Use a Void Walker to try and see them before they get the opener.

I know this can be hard because we can sap demons now, but you need to try.

2:Be prepared to Sacrifice your VW either during a Death Coil or after Demonic Circling and Fel Doming up another one quick, hope you have Master Summoner.

3:Try to control the fight. He pops Cloak, Demonic Circle and Bandage till it wears off then apply dots, or throw a Chaos Bolt his way.

I'm not going to lie, 1 on 1 I haven't lost to ANY warlock on the Beta to date, they're just easy as hell for a decent rogue, but then again, look at how strong Ret pallys are right now, and I've seen locks beating them quite a bit as long as they aren't just standing there and trying to Drain Life... Run.

Also, you could have alot better time trying to fight Melee if you go Demonology, but if that's not your bag then just keep on tryin'.

In an arena setting? Chances are you get smoked

Out in the World or just random duels?

NETHERWEAVE NETS FTW

They have saved my ass quite a few times

VW's dont help stealth detection at all. haha. It's the felhunter.

And you cant sac a Felpup for a shield. So, that shield isn't a viable choice.

Um... reroll rogue? It's just going to be really hard to kill them. They are your biggest competition atm. So you just need to cross your fingers in your arena matches. And hope your buddies can help peel him off of you. I know for sure i'll be after Locks and Resto Druids on my Mut rogue in arenas.

Quote Originally Posted by bkral

Um... reroll rogue? It's just going to be really hard to kill them. They are your biggest competition atm. So you just need to cross your fingers in your arena matches. And hope your buddies can help peel him off of you. I know for sure i'll be after Locks and Resto Druids on my Mut rogue in arenas.
    They are removing paranoia from felhunters and incorporating it into the consume-shadows ability of the VW.

Quote Originally Posted by bkral

What Fwip said.

It's also no longer passive, you need to channel it.

It pissed alot of people off but now the pets hace clear purposes.

Fel Hunter- Raid Buffing and DPS/CasterPvP
    Void Walker- Soloing/PhysicalPvP
    Succubus- Soloing/ControlPvP
    Imp- Raid Buffing and DPS

Quote Originally Posted by Lamnent
    What Fwip said.

It's also no longer passive, you need to channel it.

It pissed alot of people off but now the pets hace clear purposes.

Fel Hunter- Raid Buffing and DPS/CasterPvP
    Void Walker- Soloing/PhysicalPvP
    Succubus- Soloing/ControlPvP
    Imp- Raid Buffing and DPS
    indeed. now they just need to come up with a mechanism that would allow us to switch pets fast and effectivelly without "wasting" fel domination.

Quote Originally Posted by cestrs
    indeed. now they just need to come up with a mechanism that would allow us to switch pets fast and effectivelly without "wasting" fel domination.
    I have an idea, how about making it so, in a pvp setting, or any actually, you could also soulstone your pet, and if it dies, have a popup on the pet bar to res them mid-combat? That would be nice and it would save the fel dom.
    I think another helpful thing is to put the instant howl of terror back into the Demon Form spell list. So along with the CC time reduction with the form, you can howl and get people off of you. Or another thing that might be helpful is to include something like the T1 set bonus into demon form(or a trinket) making people have a chance to get a 2 second fear on them when they hit you. (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=27780) I would probably make the proc a bit higher though.

You need succu for pvp, no other way around it. It`s a long shot but you gotta get destro chain going. Be calm and don`t blow cooldowns in to oblivion as coil on clos ect.

What ever you do it`s hard counter, doable but propably hardest counter you can face along with good frostiemage.

Improved sucker with a full destro tree is going to be a lot better now than SL/SL mostly because even with the nerf, nether protection works for all classes now. And if you get the chance, chaos bolt goes through cloak of shadows.
    SL/SL will still be good, probably more for 5x5 fights and less for bgs or other arenas.