Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: What are you charging for glyphs...

Hate PTR.. 500g for a warrior Major Glyph.. retarded.. and the mats to make it are like.. 80silver. Com'on naw.
    Hopefully they'll be like.. 20-100g on live.. better yet, 30g a pop. makes sense for paper, doesn't it.
    Obelodalix
    "There will be a mount reward for killing Deathwing."
    http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...c3VvPCVHwc_kWA

They'll go down to 10-20g eventually.
    The mats are pretty cheap and lots of people have been hoarding herbs.

it should vary from like 5 gold to like 30 for major glyphs.

I see minor glphs being outrageous in the hundreds or thousands first day. its a once every 20 hour discovery. Will be hard to find someone with that one popular minor. As far as Major glyphs I'm probably going to charge 20g a pop for the majority. That or they can bring me mats and a tip. But I plan on making most of my money selling leftover herbs and ink. The market will be flooded with the glyphs from people grinding but the poor shmoe who didn't farm quite enough to get past one class of herbs willing to pay 100g for a stack of kingsblood I'm going to shamelessly take advantage of.

not gonna buy a single herb, will train up herbalism to avoid the robbery called ah

I don't forsee people paying more than 20g for glyphs. It depends on what herbs are going for on your server. I personally know people are leveling inscription, so they are going to be making glyphs anyways. If I provide the herbs, I am giving you a free level on your profession...seems like a fair trade to me. Considering every character in the game is going to be looking for glyphs, most inscriptors can probably get from 1-375 without buying any herbs and just doing glyphs for other people.

you all are too nice...I made several thousand gold last night and I'm not an inscriptionist. The first several waves of glyphs on AH were being put up for 10-15g. I bought them all the instant they were posted, then reposted for 50-75g. Nearly all have sold since. Supply and demand people. They are new, they are limited, everyone wants them. Make some gold while you can. Prices are already deflating.

Quote Originally Posted by Kluver-Bucy
    you all are too nice...I made several thousand gold last night and I'm not an inscriptionist. The first several waves of glyphs on AH were being put up for 10-15g. I bought them all the instant they were posted, then reposted for 50-75g. Nearly all have sold since. Supply and demand people. They are new, they are limited, everyone wants them. Make some gold while you can. Prices are already deflating.
    I hate people who do this. Prices will be normalized in a couple of days no need to try and rape the economy to make a quick buck.

I was just going to post the same thing. When I sell things on the AH, I'm just trying to make a worthwhile profit, nothing ridiculous. I don't try to see how badly i can rip people off. When I need mats for leveling skills, it really pisses me off when everything is ridiculously over priced. And if there was something reasonably priced, all the money whores buy it up and put it back up for even higher. Stop being greedy losers already.

/roll Herb / Inscriptor and powerlevel before xpansion

Cost!

0G!!

woot

"everything is worth what the purchaser will pay for it"

If 50-75gold was too much, nobody would have bought it. In retrospec, I should have started higher to see what the upper limit really was. Why not make some gold? Lets see...i spent about 2 hours on AH last night and made ~4k gold. Maybe I should go do dailies or grind mats instead? There was a lot of gold to be made really easily during a narrow window last night, prices are already normalizing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kluver-Bucy
    "everything is worth what the purchaser will pay for it"

If 50-75gold was too much, nobody would have bought it. In retrospec, I should have started higher to see what the upper limit really was. Why not make some gold? Lets see...i spent about 2 hours on AH last night and made ~4k gold. Maybe I should go do dailies or grind mats instead? There was a lot of gold to be made really easily during a narrow window last night, prices are already normalizing.
    People who pay those outrageous prices are just lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Discobiscuit
    I was just going to post the same thing. When I sell things on the AH, I'm just trying to make a worthwhile profit, nothing ridiculous. I don't try to see how badly i can rip people off. When I need mats for leveling skills, it really pisses me off when everything is ridiculously over priced. And if there was something reasonably priced, all the money whores buy it up and put it back up for even higher. Stop being greedy losers already.
    What is a worthwhile profit? Nobody is forcing anyone to buy glyphs right away. It costs ~400-500g worth of mats to get mongoose on a single weapon, but 50g is too much for an enchant on an ability that won't go anywhere when you upgrade gear?!?!? If anything, people got a GREAT deal. People pay what they feel it is worth. Let me guess...you are poor IRL too?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvdatboi
    People who pay those outrageous prices are just lazy.
    50gold isn't that much for ANY level 70.

I've been selling them for 1.5g bid and 3g b/o.

Almost all major glyphs are going for 25 gold on bonechewer alliance... some ive seen jump to 100g for some stupid reason. I have no problem paying 25g for someones hard work of gathering all those lowbie herbs.

Minor glyphs im sure are gonna skyrocket until many ppl have them

Well, I ended up doing pretty good on the first day, I made over 16k gold. Hard work pays off, 2 months of farming herbs.

Glyphs are going from 3g to 50g on my server depending on the type. Seen a few go for 100g. Crazymarket forces at work!

Quote Originally Posted by Gza
    not gonna buy a single herb, will train up herbalism to avoid the robbery called ah
    With my herbalism at 0, I couldn't be bothered spending the time to go and get herbs to make dusky pigments for the minor glyph recipe. I spent 15g on a stack, sold the 10 minor glyphs I made for 300g total.

I agree, complete robbery.

This is not the best question to ask at the moment. The market is too chaotic because of hundreds of people leveling. The Major glyphs
    will evently sell off and the prices will rise a bit then become stable. Majors (until WOTLK) will most likely be between 5-30g while
    minors will continue to fluctuate due to they type that people are getting from researching.