Twin Disciplines...which spells it effects?

hey,

dunno if this has been asked before, but do we have a complete list of what spells TD effects? or more particularly, does it add to the healing from VE ?

cheers

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Twin Disciplines...which spells it effects?

It affects all instant cast spells that directly deal damage or cause healing.

VE doesn't cause healing by itself, you need to cast additional spells / do damage for it to work.

Affected spells:

CoH
    Desperate Prayer
    Devouring Plague
    Holy Nova
    PoM
    Renew
    SW
    SW:P

Think i got them all. As far as i know spells like Mind Flay are not affected since they are not instant cast, they are "Channeled".
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Kalgan said they wanted to add MF and Penece, i have not heard that they are a part of it tho
    Rejoice, For very bad things are about to happen...

Actually blue poster said sometime ago that mindflay does exeption and is affected by it. It might have changed or never made it but it was mentioned while back.

PW:S is not affected? No way, can't be so.

15+ Year Old Account

PW:S does neither damage nor healing. It just aborbs damage. So won't be affected.

Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    PW:S does neither damage nor healing. It just aborbs damage. So won't be affected.
    The effect of PW:S is increased by +healing.

So it *might* be.

I guess "instant casts" confused me.. need to check this.

I'm wondering if it affects Inner Fire as well ;-)

But currently on beta, it doesn't seem so.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    The effect of PW:S is increased by +healing.

So it *might* be.
    Yes but the talent clearly states that it affects your "instant cast damage and healing spells". Since PW:S does no damage or healing by itself it won't be affected. Same goes for Inner Fire.

I guess they could make an exception for them, as they did with MF and Penance. But since i didn't find any blue post on IF and PW:S it doesn't affect them (at least *yet*).

Well, double checked.

It increase the final effect, thus the "damage and healing" tooltip, and not spellpower.
    So since PW:S would only be affected by a spellpower increase, it's doubthfull that it's affected under Twin Disciplines.

What about Surge of Light procs? Will Twin Disciples affect Smite and Flash Heal when they are instant?

15+ Year Old Account

I doubt it, since the original spell is not instant cast.

I believe Twin Disciplines DOES affect PW:S.
    Though I don't believe it should do so.

They changed the talents wording a while back in an attempt to make it affect PW:S, then it was just too confusing and reverted it, but it still seems to work with Twin Disciplines.

15+ Year Old Account

At the very least it should affect the 20% heal from the shield that you get with the glyph.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Speaking of the Shield Glyph, looks like tomorrow we'll have to test it and see if they fixed the bug where it didn't heal on self-casted shields. If it will heal on self-cast, it might be half decent for shadow, as it stands now we have 1 decent major glyph for PvE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tasttey
    Speaking of the Shield Glyph, looks like tomorrow we'll have to test it and see if they fixed the bug where it didn't heal on self-casted shields. If it will heal on self-cast, it might be half decent for shadow, as it stands now we have 1 decent major glyph for PvE.
    Well 2 days ago on the PTR it would heal myself all the time (which is kinda nice in shadowform) when casted. Plus the heal can crit also - and with devine aegis you'll get a second shield upon it ^^
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Well 2 days ago on the PTR it would heal myself all the time (which is kinda nice in shadowform) when casted. Plus the heal can crit also - and with devine aegis you'll get a second shield upon it ^^
    Good to know, I didn't bother checking out the latest build on the PTR, last week was rather busy for me. Woot, finally another decent major glyph.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.