View Poll Results: What do you think about the changes to shadowpriests?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • The class is even more fun, than it was in TBC.

    20 55.56%
  • The class is as fun as it was in TBC.

    2 5.56%
  • The class is not as fun as it was in TBC.

    14 38.89%
Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Shadowpriest: Fun or not fun?

    This post is inspired by this thread: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...39981&sid=2000

    Aside from answering to the poll, please, write what makes a shadowpriest a fun class for you or what made it a fun class in TBC (that is, if you find it lacking in WotLK).

    For me it was:

    1. Unique abilities, that were so good, that everyone wanted me in their group and that there was no serious 25-man raid without a spriest.
    2. An interesting spell "rotation" (or rather: list of priorities), as opposed to every other caster DPS. Yes, I love SW and having no set rotation.
    3. The coolness factor of Shadowform and of playing an evil priest.

    That was the main points. Point one will be no longer a case in WotLK and point two will partially diminish as well (for example: SW will no longer boost your dmg as much, as it did earlier, so I'll probably won't use it every cooldown anymore). And I see nothing compensating for the said loses.

  2. #2

    Re: Shadowpriest: Fun or not fun?

    Imo, we keep all our "coolness" and get some new ones, like Mind Sear.

    Mind Sear is really Fun, no more standing Idle during Trashes like in MH.

    We do more dmg, and MF crits looks awesome:> Generally our dmg number got alot higher.

  3. #3

    Re: Shadowpriest: Fun or not fun?

    of course it's more fun than TBC, but that doesn't make it fun.

    retired my spriest for my warrior.
    80 Druid, 84 Priest, 85 Death Knight, 85 Mage, 76 Shaman, 85 Warrior, 70 Warlock, 70 Paladin

  4. #4

    Re: Shadowpriest: Fun or not fun?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lostprophet
    Imo, we keep all our "coolness" and get some new ones, like Mind Sear.

    Mind Sear is really Fun, no more standing Idle during Trashes like in MH.

    We do more dmg, and MF crits looks awesome:> Generally our dmg number got alot higher.
    you were standing idle during MH trash? swp-tab and weave in VT, you can pull some interesting dps.
    80 Druid, 84 Priest, 85 Death Knight, 85 Mage, 76 Shaman, 85 Warrior, 70 Warlock, 70 Paladin

  5. #5

    Re: Shadowpriest: Fun or not fun?

    Quote Originally Posted by Marrakech
    you were standing idle during MH trash? l2p swp-tab and weave in VT, you can pull some interesting dps.
    Or you could do what I did. MC the casters and start buffing anyone in range, including classes that really shouldn't get it. Great to do on that warlock spamming Hellfire in the middle of the pack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

  6. #6

    Re: Shadowpriest: Fun or not fun?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tasttey
    Or you could do what I did. MC the casters and start buffing anyone in range, including classes that really shouldn't get it. Great to do on that warlock spamming Hellfire in the middle of the pack.
    ah you were on MC duty
    80 Druid, 84 Priest, 85 Death Knight, 85 Mage, 76 Shaman, 85 Warrior, 70 Warlock, 70 Paladin

  7. #7

    Re: Shadowpriest: Fun or not fun?

    It wasn't a duty really, it was more of a see how many people I could kill with the buff thing.

    Oh look Mr. Fury Warrior is using Whirlwind, hmm I wonder if I give him this buff will he pull aggro and die?

    Oh Mr. Warlock is Hellfiring, I wonder if the additional 500 nature damage every 2 seconds will be enough to finish him off?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

  8. #8

    Re: Shadowpriest: Fun or not fun?

    of course it's more fun than TBC, but that doesn't make it fun.
    so smart sentence
    Quote Originally Posted by Darhaja
    bad math ur doing 1.5.... its 150%* sooo 100 haste rating = 250 after the buff* or 300 haste rating 150% = 750 haste dunno how u got 1.5 or 15% anywhere its giving u 150% more haste from the haste u already have why do ppl try to always complicate things.

  9. #9

    Re: Shadowpriest: Fun or not fun?

    Quote Originally Posted by Marrakech
    of course it's more fun than TBC, but that doesn't make it fun.

    retired my spriest for my warrior.
    Either you're contradicting yourself, or you didn't have fun with your spriest in TBC. :P

  10. #10

    Re: Shadowpriest: Fun or not fun?

    I think he's trying to say that while it is more fun than TBC shadow priesting, its not fun enough to keep him playing his priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

  11. #11

    Re: Shadowpriest: Fun or not fun?

    Not Fun
    Why?

    The only diffrence i can really see is that i will substitue DP for SW:P in my pre 3.0 rotation/priority, my post 3.0 priority/rotation consists of casting everything in the same order save for casting SW:P onces near the start of the battle.

    I wouldn't of said no to something cool.

  12. #12

    Re: Shadowpriest: Fun or not fun?

    I can't really say it will be more or less fun than it is now, I didn't get a beta key, so I never got to play with Mind Sear. Although with the change to crit damage, I might make it a habit of finding new and interesting times to commit suicide, however unintentionally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

  13. #13

    Re: Shadowpriest: Fun or not fun?

    im sick of all this theorycrafting and qq'ing
    cant wait to try out new stuff, looks fun and interesting and with the new spellpower change i can always go disc and faceroll :3

  14. #14

    Re: Shadowpriest: Fun or not fun?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lostprophet
    Mind Sear is really Fun, no more standing Idle during Trashes like in MH.
    Standing idle? Why would you ever do that? Every trash pull I would mulit DoT every tanked target - giving some mana regen and doing very respectable DPS (higher than I have gotten at any other time, over 1700 on occasion I believe) - as well as single target nuking the casters. Yes I was pretty much ooom every wave I played like that, but it was still decent damage. Mind sear is a massive boost, but that just sounds absurd.

  15. #15

    Re: Shadowpriest: Fun or not fun?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ntrails
    Standing idle? Why would you ever do that? Every trash pull I would mulit DoT every tanked target - giving some mana regen and doing very respectable DPS (higher than I have gotten at any other time, over 1700 on occasion I believe) - as well as single target nuking the casters. Yes I was pretty much ooom every wave I played like that, but it was still decent damage. Mind sear is a massive boost, but that just sounds absurd.
    Yep multidotting @ waves ftw... getting up to 2k dps

    Not gonna happen after 3.0.2. tho since VT sux now @ giving mana back and Mind Sear isnt available till wotlk... Happy i dont raid MH anymore

  16. #16

    Re: Shadowpriest: Fun or not fun?

    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll
    vampiric touch sucks, end of story. shadow priests bring nothing unique to raids now and we still do shitty dps thanks to blizzard catering to casuals all the time
    Someone is bitter about them no longer obtaining a guaranteed raid spot. And its not because blizzard catering to the casuals - its that missing 1 of any particular class should not mean a raid doesnt happen. (hence giving several classes replenishment). And if you think you still do shitty dps, well, you must just plain fail tbh - sure you dont do "the best" but SP does some mighty fine dps now in general for those that know how to play.

    Also hopefully in future raid encounters we should not have any more of the "you must have at least 3 priests or your cant do this" - a la Felmyst.

  17. #17

    Re: Shadowpriest: Fun or not fun?

    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll
    vampiric touch sucks, end of story. shadow priests bring nothing unique to raids now and we still do shitty dps thanks to blizzard catering to casuals all the time
    I agree with this, not for above poster's "Guaranteed raid spot", but rather that there's much less difference to a really good and a mediocre spriest. It won't matter that I've near perfected my rotations for optimal mana regen, since I'll be providing the same benefit to the raid as anyone with a working finger. Sure, I'll still smoke their dps, but SPriest scaling is still so broken that it doesn't really matter.

  18. #18

    Re: Shadowpriest: Fun or not fun?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sashan
    Someone is bitter about them no longer obtaining a guaranteed raid spot. And its not because blizzard catering to the casuals - its that missing 1 of any particular class should not mean a raid doesnt happen. (hence giving several classes replenishment). And if you think you still do shitty dps, well, you must just plain fail tbh - sure you dont do "the best" but SP does some mighty fine dps now in general for those that know how to play.

    Also hopefully in future raid encounters we should have a "you must have at least 3 priests or your cant do this" a la Felmyst.
    I have no problem with sharing our mana regen abilities with other classes (tho replenishment via VT and MB is a bit 'clunky') when it means we get something back in the form of extra dps... Problem is my blue / kara epic geared boomkin is doing almost the same dps as my T6 / sunwell geared spriest @ PTR... :P

    That plus the fact we get nothing new and exciting (except for Mind Sear and maybe our critting MF) makes it a bit 'unfun' :P

  19. #19

    Re: Shadowpriest: Fun or not fun?

    Exactly, It's obnoxious that I'll be returning the same mana as a spriest who sucks cock, and still be doing less dps than all other dps classes. It seems obvious to me that they should have held off the replenishment until damage was buffed, or else not changed it at all >.<

  20. #20

    Re: Shadowpriest: Fun or not fun?

    Quote Originally Posted by zerovampire311
    I agree with this, not for above poster's "Guaranteed raid spot", but rather that there's much less difference to a really good and a mediocre spriest. It won't matter that I've near perfected my rotations for optimal mana regen, since I'll be providing the same benefit to the raid as anyone with a working finger. Sure, I'll still smoke their dps, but SPriest scaling is still so broken that it doesn't really matter.
    This.

    Why did they ever move away from damage -> mana...it was the optimal setup in my opinion. So one shadowpreist/retpally/whatever just does there base damage and give the same mana regen as if he had a perfectly set up rotation and was using all his cds. I think thats just really dumb

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •