Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: New priest, some tips?

As many others have noticed, you need 25% threat reduction and 2 minutes off shadowfiend cooldown. The only other thing I would change is that you should probably get 5th point in improved mind blast once you get 10% haste (or 7% if you have a ret pally or boomkin). This will have MF at 2.75 cast, and mind blast at 5.5 cooldown. They sync really well and that's how I do it when I raid atm.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Akita
    For Raiding you need Shadow Affinity. Threat reduced by 25% is really nice. Dont need the imp shield. If your getting hit use your VE and heal yourself.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...10305152301351

There that should be the right one. Thats mine if you dont need the threat reduction.
    With shadowform giving an innate 30% threat reduction, and tanks' threat being pushed by (more than?) 30% to make up for the loss of blessing of salvation, will you really need shadow affinity?
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Tip - Don`t be too optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    With shadowform giving an innate 30% threat reduction, and tanks' threat being pushed by (more than?) 30% to make up for the loss of blessing of salvation, will you really need shadow affinity?
    Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me. Specially with our upscaled damage, and crits from DoT ticks and Mind Flay.

More crits = moar aggro.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    More crits = moar aggro.
    The V.E. nerf will have a huge impact, less heals = much less aggro. On top of that we no longer get VT regen aggro.

OLD: (12.5% DPS * 5 + 2.5% DPS * 5 + 100% DPS) * .75 => 175*.7 => 131.5 threat per damage - without salv
    New: (12.5% DPS + 2.5% DPS*4 + 100%DPS) * (threat reduction) => 122.5*(.7*.75) = 122.5*0.525 = 64.32 threat per damage

Even adding the miniscule replenishment threat of 0.00125 max mana per second - an extra 25 TPS at 20k mana pool, we are quids in.

I think full affinity will soon be shown as unnecessary, Especially considering we will always have an effective salvation on top of this and tank threat is now very very high. We have halved our threat per DPS. Wewt.

NB. IF threat reducers are added and not multiplied (which may be the case), we get 122.5*.55 = 67.38 threat per damage - still hugely reduced.

Deleted

Alright, i also started a new priest, is level 5 by now but i have 1 question,

How can I use wands? I got the weapon skill and a wand, Lesser Magic Wand that is. But if i click on it it wont start shooting. Its also looks strange in the actionbar, see the screenshot. Anyone here that can help me?

Picture of the wand in actionbar

@GrandDestroyer: Check the General tab of your spellbook for the Shoot ability.

I'd probably go for something like thist at 70
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...12325151301051

The 2nd point in imp shadow form does nothing for your Mind Flay. With 0, 1, or 2 points in there, you'll still lose 1 tick from a single hit. If you take a 2nd hit, then with 0 points you lose 2 ticks, but with either 1 or 2 points, you only lose 1 tick. Granted the 2nd point helps w/ VT and MB, but I've never found pushback to be very bad on a 1.5s cast. No Pain&Suffering as mentioned above. No blackout cause I personally don't like it. Half the time it seems to proc while I'm kiting the mob on the pull to get some dots up w/o losing range, causing me to run out of range. As you level, I'd prolly fill up disc to get Meditation, the less down time the better.
    Main: Enhance Shaman
    Current alt status:
    80 Unholy DK - 80 Feral Druid - 80 Disc Priest
    80 Ret Paladin - 80 Arcane Mage - 80 Prot Warrior
    77 Warlock - 80 Marks Hunter - 75 Rogue

I participated in the legendary Bacon thread.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandDestroyer
    Alright, i also started a new priest, is level 5 by now but i have 1 question,

How can I use wands? I got the weapon skill and a wand, Lesser Magic Wand that is. But if i click on it it wont start shooting. Its also looks strange in the actionbar, see the screenshot. Anyone here that can help me?

Picture of the wand in actionbar
    You have the wand in your action bars but you don't need to put it there.
    By clicking it your toon will just try to equip it.
    What you need to put in the action bar is ''Shoot''.
    You can find it on the general tab of your spellbook.

Deleted

Damn, i never played a character with a wand so Damn i am really an idiot xD

Quote Originally Posted by Akita
    For Raiding you need Shadow Affinity. Threat reduced by 25% is really nice. Dont need the imp shield. If your getting hit use your VE and heal yourself.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...10305152301351

There that should be the right one. Thats mine if you dont need the threat reduction.
    I take it some of us missed the part about the fact that post 70 imp inner fire will have spell dmg added to it too.

ALSO wtf anyone wanna gemme the practical use of imp shadow form asside from running flags in wsg all day?

my personal lvl 80 i'm thinking will look something more like this
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?priest=050320113050000000000000000000000000000000000000000000320023051223010305150301351

The small amount of imp bubble is nothing more than IF you take dmg to help mitigate it and if yer runing in fear ie. the purpose of having Unbreakable will (T1 disc) you will be losing threat most likely and about to take a shot to the face from some aoe so BUBBLE you pansie and help yourself out.

Also i normally wouldn't ever go with spirit tap... especially at lvl cap.... but since they imped it for the crit bonus i'd say its more effective. We all know that we can cast a Heal in shadow form right? (PST hey you /poke it just pops you out of shadow form) So if you really are worried about dieing and no one else is going to heal you and you DON't wanna die heal your own ass. unless you just are too puss for it then roll a lock or a mage OR L2P a versitile class such as a priest

Quote Originally Posted by Ntrails
    The V.E. nerf will have a huge impact, less heals = much less aggro. On top of that we no longer get VT regen aggro.

OLD: (12.5% DPS * 5 + 2.5% DPS * 5 + 100% DPS) * .75 => 175*.7 => 131.5 threat per damage - without salv
    New: (12.5% DPS + 2.5% DPS*4 + 100%DPS) * (threat reduction) => 122.5*(.7*.75) = 122.5*0.525 = 64.32 threat per damage

Even adding the miniscule replenishment threat of 0.00125 max mana per second - an extra 25 TPS at 20k mana pool, we are quids in.

I think full affinity will soon be shown as unnecessary, Especially considering we will always have an effective salvation on top of this and tank threat is now very very high. We have halved our threat per DPS. Wewt.

NB. IF threat reducers are added and not multiplied (which may be the case), we get 122.5*.55 = 67.38 threat per damage - still hugely reduced.
    Think is that in BC as shadow you shouldnt use VE, and leave healing to healers, they are invited to raid in purpose. You should be in healers group and pump mana using VT, but you shouldn`t use VE and make huge aggro. and for sure you shouldnt spend telent points to improve VE. It should make sense from 70 to 80 but after that leave healing for healers.

Cherio

Healers were always able to heal other targets if VE did a part of their job.

Quote Originally Posted by felix8024
    Think is that in BC as shadow you shouldnt use VE, and leave healing to healers, they are invited to raid in purpose. You should be in healers group and pump mana using VT, but you shouldn`t use VE and make huge aggro. and for sure you shouldnt spend telent points to improve VE. It should make sense from 70 to 80 but after that leave healing for healers.
    leave healing to healers huh??? i take it you've never done Aran with only one or two healers and had the pressure of healing aleviated by VE. VE isn't as necissary IMO in a raid like VT is. though you throw a Spriest in in place of a full healers..... and you gain dps and don't sac to much stress of healing you get an entire group that is virtually topped off the entire fight. No one ever said that Spriests were "healers" but they are a very effective support class

VE is raidwide.

VE is raidwide.
    PArdon? When and where? The blue post said party IIRC >_>

PArdon? When and where? The blue post said party IIRC >_>
    No idea, it just seems so from my experience at last nights raid.

... iknow it seems odd :/ Could just be my SCT that fucks me up, but the healing seem to big to be on 5 people only.

No idea, it just seems so from my experience at last nights raid.

... iknow it seems odd :/ Could just be my SCT that fucks me up, but the healing seem to big to be on 5 people only.
    Hmm, need to test, cause tooltip says party. Bugged perhaps. There is no way % to raid would be reasonable - cause stacking SP's would be imba - 5 SP = 1 less raid healer.

Hmm, need to test, cause tooltip says party. Bugged perhaps. There is no way % to raid would be reasonable - cause stacking SP's would be imba - 5 SP = 1 less raid healer.
    I outhealed 3 resto shamans... so it's more than 1 healer.

I outhealed 3 resto shamans... so it's more than 1 healer.
    Not at 5% - when it gets nerfed down. Either way, raid wide would be/is absurd

my tool tip is showing VE is raid wide and i don't see how unreasonable it is. just beautiful opness .... imo a shadow priest is supposed to be a support class.. if you wanna do some dps just watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov07yLusCKs
    its pretty self explanitory. Raiding SP= Mana bat + mild off heals + steady dmg
    No other class can regen mana for a raid like a SP. shammy's and their silly totem.... range limits their effectiveness and although an innervate is really nice once in a while or in a pinch it won't help overall raid dps for all casters much less help out by alleviating the heals needed to the raid. so when it comes to support classes... SP's are where its at.