Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: New priest, some tips?

it is raid wide,and about the leave the healing to healers i say poopycock.
    VE is nice for warlock life taps,my own SW since its 25% to me and what not.
    Oh and about shadow affinity so far i found no use for it, im going "balls to the wall" on every fight and our tank has no problem with that.They fixed aggro gain gooooood.Dunno maybe it will get a use @ 80 we'll see, wouldn't be the first time Blizz made a talent useless.

As for the staying on topic part.I'd say disc is a good lvling spec too since the spellpower introduction.2 dots MB and Mindsear is pretty ok for a dmg spell arsenal.Also smiting should be pretty neat too.

I wouldn`t say disc is good leveling spec. I find disc having some mana troubles when you go on offensive gear but it get`s job done even tho it`s slow.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bVcbzhZZG0fVRfzfiqfzAo

That would be my pve spec. ( i cant make a spec in MMOs talentcalculator at work)

Would personaly never go 5/5 mental agility. Imp shadow form could have been usefull several places in BC imo... Just remember a fight like shade of aran (pre WTF nerf). Getting out/away fast with no use of trinket is always nice.

edit... lol shadow of aran... i must be drunk
    Everyone thinks their world is falling.. If they had a solid sense of perspective, they probably wouldn't be gamers.

Depending on tank tps will be at 80 (Ghostcrawler indicated that it might be lower than now), 1-2 points from Focused Mind to Shadow Affinity would be the best solution.

But otherwise yeah, that's the cookiecutter build at 80.

Improved Shadowform and Dispersion been extremly usefull in Sunwell Plateau, so it's not talents I would ever live without.

If i had to put points in Shadow Affinity i wouls grab 1 point from shadow weaving. 66% should be enough for most fights. But the whole treat thing... Its too hard to calculate on already
    Everyone thinks their world is falling.. If they had a solid sense of perspective, they probably wouldn't be gamers.

Quote Originally Posted by nine
    it is raid wide,and about the leave the healing to healers i say poopycock.
    VE is nice for warlock life taps,my own SW since its 25% to me and what not.
    Oh and about shadow affinity so far i found no use for it, im going "balls to the wall" on every fight and our tank has no problem with that.They fixed aggro gain gooooood.Dunno maybe it will get a use @ 80 we'll see, wouldn't be the first time Blizz made a talent useless.
    Sorry, just to qualify, you are saying VE is giving raid wide heals? I just saw a blue post stating it would remain party wide......

pretty sure it does, why not check it out yourself if you're unsure.

EDIT: maybe in the beta it's party wide and on live still raidwide.

Quote Originally Posted by nine
    pretty sure it does, why not check it out yourself if you're unsure.

EDIT: maybe in the beta it's party wide and on live still raidwide.
    VE is party, both on live and on beta/ptr.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    But we're worried that logic might not lead to the best game.

greenmasheen

Quote Originally Posted by Phyrion
    Hello fellow priests.

During my entire wow carrier, starting release of vanilla wow all the way up to now, I've always played a warlock as a main, and made it to Kalecgos. In my spare time, I leveled alts and such, and now I have a 70 priest (and a 70 warrior) as well.

Due to the fact that I don't like what blizzard is doing with warlocks, come wotlk, I'm planning on leveling and playing my priest. The thing is I don't really have all that much experience with this priest, I've never healed anything other then 5-mans for instance. So my question here is simple, first of all, shall I go shadow to level to 80, or go holy and farm instances, and secondly, I'd love to aquire some insight into how the hell raidhealing works now, and how it will work in wotlk raids, since certain mechanics have been completely changed.

I'm not expecting anybody to tell me exactly how to play my priest, part of the fun is figuring that out myself, but I'm pretty sure some of you priest veterans could give me some mighty handy tips and tricks.
    healing in raids always has been and probably always will revolve around the 5 second rule for mana regen... being smart with your spell casts separates the good healers from those who think healing is all about spamminghealslol.

shadow has become more friendly to those who like to be major damage dealers in raids... at 80 we will aquire an aoe spell and mind flay now crits... for leveling i highly recommend shadow.

the holy tree got a lot of nice stuff and i can definitely see myself rolling my priest and then possibly my druid come the expansion... no other alts will be leveled!

overheal reduction and more % on procs for clearcasting... plus they took the effect from the (spire of karabor?) and made it a talent... so if you are below a certain % of health you get additional healing on that target.