STR going to AP in patch? (shaman)

Like the title say, i am stuck with tier5/pvp gear in enhancemet with loads of STR on them, will they convert STR to AP insted?

Re: STR going to AP in patch? (shaman)

yes they will
    Pity Heal
    Unlimited range
    Channeled
    Baron Ashbury has pity on you, but only so he can continue inflicting pain! Heals all nearby enemies and allies for 5% health every 1 sec.
    Spellid 93705

Not on the gear itself, but yes you will now be receiving 1 AP per 1 Str.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Barrar
    Not on the gear itself, but yes you will now be receiving 1 AP per 1 Str.
    the gear will to ^^

What about chants and gems? The Str. enchants and Str. gems seem to be still in the game. I understand why they're making the change just really annoying that they're doing it right now.

Hm.. if I'm a hunter and I enchant my gear with intellect and soulfrost a GM won't change it for me? Other classes still have use for strenght? I don't see what they should do about enchants and gems?
    "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind." ~ Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

People still need str gems and enchants, just not shamans any more.
    I have been regeming and enchanting all weekend just so don't hit th rush on the market.

All tier and pvp gear with Str will trade the 1 Str for 2 AP. The socket bonuses will not change. (which sucks, but blizzard said changing socket bonus causing alot problems)

PS
    I hope the patch notes are wrong, since alot changes dont seem to be in there.

Quote Originally Posted by OrSin
    People still need str gems and enchants, just not shamans any more.
    I have been regeming and enchanting all weekend just so don't hit th rush on the market.

All tier and pvp gear with Str will trade the 1 Str for 2 AP. The socket bonuses will not change. (which sucks, but blizzard said changing socket bonus causing alot problems)

PS
    I hope the patch notes are wrong, since alot changes dont seem to be in there.

Oh, well that's good news! I thought they were gonna leave the current gear gimped with the strength on it until the new stuff came out. In the end this will mostly apply to PVP gear since good PVE sham gear (other than tier) didn't have strength on it usually. Regardless, I'm looking forward to logging in and seeing my AP up :-D

15+ Year Old Account

So glad I saved up gold to regem and enchant. Can't wait till I can buy mongoose on the AH!

Quote Originally Posted by Liardy
    Hm.. if I'm a hunter and I enchant my gear with intellect and soulfrost a GM won't change it for me? Other classes still have use for strenght? I don't see what they should do about enchants and gems?
    I don't think you understand the problem. 1 strength gave a shaman 2 attack power. As of today 1 strength gives 1 attack power. It would be like your agility all of a sudden not adding any attack power as a hunter. I'm not whining about putting a caster chant on my melee gear I'm just voicing my concern of them changing a stat that will affect what people have chosen as enchants. For example I had 15 strength rather than 24 ap on my gloves. Now it wouldn't make sense to not get 24 ap.