Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Death Knight names that are actually names.

Donkeykong is the name
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianWRA - 23/03/2014 View Post
    Seriously. Someone bookmark this. If we go all the way from 6.0 to 7.0 and there is never a paid Garrison feature on the blizzard store, I will go to the store, purchase a hat and film myself eating it.

How about Yaner? It means "I love QQing" in ancient troll language!

Wait..... what?

Valgrad, its a name I have in mind for either an orc or human DK.
    Aryveda, name I have saved for a blood elf DK.
    They have no meaning, I just invented them by browsing lists of random mages, warriors etc.
    Both are reserved on my server.

15+ Year Old Account

WinterScythe

I really like that DK name.I think lots of ppl will choose it.Too bad on my realm its already taken.....By my lvl 1 alt ! ;D

15+ Year Old Account

Nothuya. afaik I made it up and it referances nothing. I should google it for the hell of it.

IpwnUevenIfIMDead :

The whole of your name being something like "Crissaegrim" is to see who recognizes it from it's original context, where you can make a common "dude, i know where you're name comes from" interest. You'll make more like minded friends that way, and if you're smart, like minded is great for guildies.

I usually have to ignore people who have names like "deathweaverdude" or "imapallylol" because of the mindless crap spewing endlessly from their rotten stickhole and into /2

Names containing elements of you're spec/class are NOT uber, they are unoriginal and unthoughtful, unless you can give an example of your own that isn't so, then i'll have to disagree with you.

because we all know names like "belfhunter" are uber.
    -this man is very smart.
    i posted almost the exact same thing in another thred. but i would like to elaborate on one point, any lame ass name with: death, shadow, blood, blade w/e that is lame as fuck in english is not all of a sudden fair game if you translate it into another language....sorry to burst the bubbles of people who though they where cleverer than 'Ruinblood- the belf dk' but 'latin for shadoweater' is just as fuckin lame....

im all for referencing names i think if ur uncreative thats the way to go, but if your gonna make a name make sure its not full of this-->cliche is a phrase, expression, or idea that has been overused to the point of losing its intended force or novelty, especially when at some time it was considered distinctively forceful or novel. The term is most likely to be used in a negative context. It is frequently used in modern culture to reference an action or idea that is expected or predictable based on a prior event.

Quote Originally Posted by lalartu
    -this man is very smart.
    i posted almost the exact same thing in another thred. but i would like to elaborate on one point, any lame ass name with: death, shadow, blood, blade w/e that is lame as fuck in english is not all of a sudden fair game if you translate it into another language....sorry to burst the bubbles of people who though they where cleverer than 'Ruinblood- the belf dk' but 'latin for shadoweater' is just as fuckin lame....

im all for referencing names i think if ur uncreative thats the way to go, but if your gonna make a name make sure its not full of this-->cliche is a phrase, expression, or idea that has been overused to the point of losing its intended force or novelty, especially when at some time it was considered distinctively forceful or novel. The term is most likely to be used in a negative context. It is frequently used in modern culture to reference an action or idea that is expected or predictable based on a prior event.
    Eh, it's more like being mindful of others when thinking of a name. The name Nocturne, i believe is cool, or maybe Rhapsody. However, either of those names are NOT cool when spelt with code letters just because you wanted the name. with 10,000,000 people playing WoW, you kinda have to be original as all hell to get what you want, and sometimes that doesn't work out either.

Original, or at the very least, funny. the first thing people usually check with a character is their name, some people don't care about them, others take them as a source of your intellect. if you didn't know any better, would you invite a priest called "ihealgud" because his name implies he heals well?

All in all, what is a name beyond a title, or an impression people have of you?

As for other languages, i don't care about that as much as names the fall into accordance with your race or class. taking a blood elf name is fine as long as it doesn't reference your actual character. i wasn't named "drinkstoomuch" when i was born ~_^

I'm starting to get quite sick with these people having fancy pants Japanese names that sounds just... corny > Might be me and my obsessive hate towards Japanese culture (I lost my sister to it. :'()

Anyhow, If I ever decide to create a DK, it'll be a fine English gentleman, named Bugglesworth. Reserved <3 Also, the OP suggested Panzerfaust, great idea! Also, it was not taken on my server! Great

Now I just need to decide.. a gentleman or a unstoppable killing machine? :-\

I always try to incorporate the race in my name e.g. my Tauren Dk is gonna be moldysteak
    Read the signature rules

pinkgnomedk

My Death knight will be named Requiem.

And I thought Panzerfaust translated into Iron Fist. Granted my german is incredibly rusty so i could be wrong. Either way it works for a DK

as a Wheel of Time fan I'm thinking of:

Moridin = Death

Ishamael
    = Betrayer of Hope. also called Soul of the Shadow (an altered version of the Biblical name "Ishmael" "God shall hear")

and as for female characters I think Semirhage is very fitting for a Dk since she is refered to as the "lady of pain" although it may not be the translation of her name.

all names are in the "old tongue" which is a fictional language from the Wheel of Time books.

I also think Necronos is a cool name for a DK.

Do not trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
    God's in his heaven. All's right with the world.

I'm liking Anus the Destroyer

Also a big fan of Anus the Destroyer, but for my undead DK I think I'll be going for HominiVorox, latin, roughly translated to Man-Eater or Man-Consumer, seems fitting since undeads have cannibalism..

I'll name mine Excelsia. Female version of Excelsior, means "higher" in latin. I like to interpret it as a loose translation of über ^^

brokensword

Quote Originally Posted by Zyron
    Man-Eater .. Man-Consumer
    .. that means something else in American English, friend. ;D

Undead Death Knight
    Necrochill, Champion of the Frozen Wastes

Main type of Music - Melodic Death Metal - Main Band/Album = Children of Bodom/Follow The Reaper

This sounds like me! 8)

Quote Originally Posted by brokensword
    .. that means something else in American English, friend. ;D
    Can you think of a gay undead male? Scary

Herman Gobbleknob

...gross

I got my name reserved already

Merihem-Name of the demon of pestilence, prince of the spirits, and is responsible for plagues and diseases. Fits quite well id say.