Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Ret 3.0 Spec? what will u be

Quote Originally Posted by Phr057
    No. You are missing out on a lot of damage... You don't even have Righteous Vengance. Since the WoWHead calc is down I used Blizzards:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...10322130201351

At 70 that is the spec you want. You never want 3/3 in Sanctified Seals because that makes your seals 100% undispellable. You want 2/3 and 3/3 Stoicsism to make them 96% undispellable to serve as a buffer for other buffs.

The only thing you can chance on mine to make it any better would be taking out two points (out of a talent of your choice) and placing it in Divine Purpose (for the stun dispel)

ANd please don't even tell me about getting the 3% Haste for PvP. It isn't viable enough unless you are running a resto shaman/warrior/ret 3s.

Edit: I'm in full Brutal for your info.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZ0gbZVfMtrhufMsMzAo

That would be my build, I think something snapped while linking :]

Your spec is shit dude, why the fuck would you place 2 points in Imp Retribution Aura?
    You miss out on Guardian's Favor, and I hope you realise it's not the dispelling of your things that you want, but 1% melee and spell crit, also, seals cost fuckin shitloads in 3.0, like 600-700 mana or so, if they get dispelled you are fucked.

No Divine Purpose, which is basically a huge must for PvP.. Come on, surely you could do better :]

Quote Originally Posted by kostadinka
    i know who u are . still it doesent give u right to judge someone who u dont even know , my s4 archivements are sad cause i was inactive for last 3 months , came back to wow 3 weeks ago , in meantime of S4 my girl got pregnant and im daddy in 7 months , also my archivement in S4 = Child . thank you very much
    Gratz for not shooting blanks ;D
    If you'r not first you'r last

Quote Originally Posted by Phr057

At 70 that is the spec you want. You never want 3/3 in Sanctified Seals because that makes your seals 100% undispellable. You want 2/3 and 3/3 Stoicsism to make them 96% undispellable to serve as a buffer for other buffs.

The only thing you can chance on mine to make it any better would be taking out two points (out of a talent of your choice) and placing it in Divine Purpose (for the stun dispel)

ANd please don't even tell me about getting the 3% Haste for PvP. It isn't viable enough unless you are running a resto shaman/warrior/ret 3s.
    was thinking about that too, 96% should be more than enough cuz even if youll get purged with our "blue energy" lets recast it simply

but Devine purpose should be taken since youll playing arena ;-p

Quote Originally Posted by Mobywan
    Surely it all adds up, but critical damage bonus from art of war + righteous vengeance is 45%, that's a fuckin shitloads and definatly something you'd want to look into, especially when JoC crits on every stun or incapacitate ;o
    25% for 5 pts isnt it worth for me let us say soc crits for 2k its 500 dmg for 5 points, in you spec you lose another ~100ap form imp bom and the 6% overhall dmg of cursade... (and another ap buff for you teammates so 25% never > this...)

but as we said, this will be the spec and these are very small differences that doesnt influese the result that heavy

Quote Originally Posted by zooyork
    Gratz for not shooting blanks ;D
    thx hihi

I cant say i pvp with my retri alot other then in pve gear/specc but isnt putting 2 points in vindication rather useless, i was under the impression that people only used 1 point there to get something to have the opponents healer cleanse it.

Quote Originally Posted by scandalone
    I cant say i pvp with my retri alot other then in pve gear/specc but isnt putting 2 points in vindication rather useless, i was under the impression that people only used 1 point there to get something to have the opponents healer cleanse it.
    since it -20% all stats (and nomore 5/10/15)... and only 2 pts it makes it worthwhile..

Quote Originally Posted by Box
    Why does everyone take 3/3 Two-Handed Weapon Spec (melee weapon dmg only) when Crusade is a flat 6% boost to all dmg? Aside from druids in form and hunter pets, Crusade should be so much better.
    You have a point here, you must be S5 geared
    Yes, Crusade is for sure better than 2h weapon spec for pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobywan
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZ0gbZVfMtrhufMsMzAo

That would be my build, I think something snapped while linking :]

Your spec is shit dude, why the fuck would you place 2 points in Imp Retribution Aura?
    You miss out on Guardian's Favor, and I hope you realise it's not the dispelling of your things that you want, but 1% melee and spell crit, also, seals cost fuckin shitloads in 3.0, like 600-700 mana or so, if they get dispelled you are fucked.

No Divine Purpose, which is basically a huge must for PvP.. Come on, surely you could do better :]
    Firts off... Imp. Ret Aura is bad? Kid, With Eye for an Eye effecting melee now and Imp. Ret Aura ticking for over 150 a hit Simply through Cheap Shot and Kidney Shot it will bring a rogue to or below half health. You would be insane not to get it since you are going to have Ret Aura up anyway...

Guardian's Favor is completely over rated in 2v2 and 3v3. With 3 minutes Forbearance and a 5 minute CD, you won't be using it has much simply because you won't need too thanks to Art of War.

Seals costing 500-600 mana? It is 14% base mana and they last for 2 minutes. You get 33% of base mana back simply from judging. You have so many "fluff" buffs as a ret paladin now the chance of getting them dispelled is very low...and if they do OMG BOO HOO you gain 900+ mana back every 8 seconds.

And if you ACTUALLY READ my post. I said
    "The only thing you can chance on mine to make it any better would be taking out two points (out of a talent of your choice) and placing it in Divine Purpose (for the stun dispel)"
    I recommended it. I just found from personal preference that I didn't need it as much as I thoguht I did.

Please stop making yourself look stupid.

/bump

PVE RAIDING spec
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...00000000000000

For DPS and helping the raid

Quote Originally Posted by Pxi
    PVE RAIDING spec

For DPS and helping the raid

now thats a sterange spec o.O why 5 points in holy o.O

SoC being your main seal gets a nice boost from Seals of the Pure

Wow I am just going to throw this out there but SoC isn't Seal of Corruption its Seal of Command. Seal of Command isn't suppost to be a raiding seal any longer that would be Seal of the Martyr or Seal of Blood if your horde. Seals of the Pure is pretty much for tanking.

This is what i'm going with, I'm loving it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by eyewtkas
    This is what i'm going with, I'm loving it so far.

That spec makes no sense to me... but as long as you're having fun, enjoy it.

This is my spec, it's not perfect, but I'm finding it very fun to play and incredibly effective in pvp battles:

Quote Originally Posted by Griffith
    That spec makes no sense to me... but as long as you're having fun, enjoy it.

This is my spec, it's not perfect, but I'm finding it very fun to play and incredibly effective in pvp battles:

and your spec makes no sense to me. first of all, your taking two handed spec over crusade which is funny. Crusade is 6% increase to ALL dmg, while Two handed spec is 6% increase to your white dmg physical attacks. If you're only going to take one out of the two , Crusade is CLEARLY the better pick.

And here's a cool thing , if you take 2/3 sanc seals, combined with stoicism 3/3, you get 96% chance to resist dispell which will actually drain a dispeller's mana instead of having 3/3 sanc seals and the 100% chance.

Also, @ 70: Fana > RV @ 80: RV > Fana

No vindication?!? -20% to ALL stats debuff that is nearly on opponent ALL the time? WoW ...

This is where it gets sketchy for me in terms of Santified seals:
    does 100% dispell resist mean things like purge or regular dispell are going to ignore it? because if purge targets a seal, having a 100% chance to resist it is still better then a 96% chance, but having it ignore the seal and dispelling something else with only 30% resist is bad....is this right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tastywaffulz
    This is where it gets sketchy for me in terms of Santified seals:
    does 100% dispell resist mean things like purge or regular dispell are going to ignore it? because if purge targets a seal, having a 100% chance to resist it is still better then a 96% chance, but having it ignore the seal and dispelling something else with only 30% resist is bad....is this right?
    Yep

It's easy, 3/3 Sanctified Seals will give you 100% resist on seals which will make a dispell or purge ignore the seal completely and try to dispell/purge something else with only a 30% chance to dispell.

With 2/3 Sanctified Seals + 3/3 Stoicism, you will have 96% chance to resist on seals, which will still cause the dispell/purge to chose between the seal with 96% resist or something else. Which will give it more of a chance to target the seal and thus get resisted and then they lose mana.

Quote Originally Posted by eyewtkas
    and your spec makes no sense to me. first of all, your taking two handed spec over crusade which is funny. Crusade is 6% increase to ALL dmg, while Two handed spec is 6% increase to your white dmg physical attacks. If you're only going to take one out of the two , Crusade is CLEARLY the better pick.
    Not true if you hate Druids.

Deleted

What is best PVE / DPS spec atm?