Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: KJ Down + top dps

Quote Originally Posted by Fastblack
    TBH all the hunters and warlocks where all complaining about the new rotation they need, so im sure they just werent used to it. I also was all over the place, as this was my first time as melee dps in a raid, learning when/where to run, and keeping my rotation up was really tough since im used to just standing there tanking or healing. On a target dummy in IF i was at 2200 dps with just an enh shaman, and no hammer of wrath, im pretty sure i can pull 2500+ once im used to everything.
    Actually, I believe hunter pets are broken at the moment. I know that our hunters, who did 2.7-2.8k dps pre patch on Brut were only able to pull around 1.8-1.9 last night. Also, our Boomkin was out-dpsing our locks last night. He's undergeared and hadn't done some of the fights, and was still pulling about 100+ dps more. So yeah, I think locks and hunters may be a tad broken atm.

Also, the guy above me is right. I am BT geared, with pretty much no SW gear, and I was able to pull 2k dps on twins last night, without being able to make good use of my CDs due to being threat capped. If I can do that on twins, Glaived rogues should be able to put out 3k on non threat capped targets, and at least 2.6-3.7k on fights where they have to switch targets every now and again.

TBH I have a priest.. who is well into sunwell. Yes, I believe that classes that are only meant to dps should crush hybrid dps classes. Lets be honest... how much skill is there in raiding.. honestly.. only skill involved is knowing the fight and surviving. (which is no small feat, but i mainly am referring to the pre-established dps rotations) DPS just spams their nukes and well lets face it.. most of the time that is a 2-3 button rotation. I have a pali and although I love her increased damage output it just doesnt make sense... kindalike the Chewbacca defense on south park... how can a class.. that can heal, tank, do their third roll better than a class that can only dps? It jus tdoesnt make sense. But someone at Blizz thinks they need to be top dawg even though they can do everything else too; but that is just the way it is.

Kudos to your guildmate with the murloc suite and Murky pet :P

Quote Originally Posted by Immapwnu
    TBH I have a priest.. who is well into sunwell. Yes, I believe that classes that are only meant to dps should crush hybrid dps classes. Lets be honest... how much skill is there in raiding.. honestly.. only skill involved is knowing the fight and surviving. (which is no small feat, but i mainly am referring to the pre-established dps rotations) DPS just spams their nukes and well lets face it.. most of the time that is a 2-3 button rotation. I have a pali and although I love her increased damage output it just doesnt make sense... kindalike the Chewbacca defense on south park... how can a class.. that can heal, tank, do their third roll better than a class that can only dps? It jus tdoesnt make sense. But someone at Blizz thinks they need to be top dawg even though they can do everything else too; but that is just the way it is.
    Here we go - PvE is easy so by some twisted logic hybrids need to be bad at DPS.

So while all the healing classes leave in droves because they can't farm let alone PvP the rogues get to be top dogs. What doesn't make sense is your logic that you have a healbar so have to be everyones gimp. And that rogues and warriors get to have all the fun.

Please go design your own game - you may even sell 6 copies. Your ideas are defunct and unworkable, you rationalisations utterly nonsensical and your tone is patheticaly elitist. What is funny though is your last comment. You seem absolutely happy for some classees to be top dog - as long its the ones you want right?

hi to A Team from an ex-SMer.

ps - just saw kenny's thoughts on the forums... LOL. still excited for you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by mutantboy
    Here we go - PvE is easy so by some twisted logic hybrids need to be bad at DPS.

So while all the healing classes leave in droves because they can't farm let alone PvP the rogues get to be top dogs. What doesn't make sense is your logic that you have a healbar so have to be everyones gimp. And that rogues and warriors get to have all the fun.

Please go design your own game - you may even sell 6 copies. Your ideas are defunct and unworkable, you rationalisations utterly nonsensical and your tone is patheticaly elitist. What is funny though is your last comment. You seem absolutely happy for some classees to be top dog - as long its the ones you want right?
    All i can do is laugh at this... How can healing classes not farm? ( I am pretty sure that level spec I am referring to also serves as a farming spec, where you mistake me is that you should not be able to heal yourself and kill stuff faster than a class that cannot heal itself)
    And what healing class cant PvP? I am fairly certain that 90% of top teams in any arena have at least one healer... in fact many have more... Would I like for my priest/ pali to be able to roflstomp everyone.. yes but where is the fun in that?

As for PvE is easy.. well tell me sir how is pressing buttons on your keyboard hard? Honestly? If you are ranged you plant yourself and spam your rotation, if you are melee you park yourself off to the side or behind and again spam away. I personally dont think pressing a combination of 4-5 buttons hard, but then again I am a competent human being.
    Elitist you say? Well maybe i do think I am a superior player... well not exactly... superior to you perhaps...