SoC proc rate test

Ok, i have an issue about the SoC proc rate. I performed a 10min test on the level 60 test dummy using auto attack while only refreshing SoC during the test. I did not use any other abilities. After the test i got a 33% proc rate on SoC. I also have the SoC glyph. According to Rawberry's FAQ, SoC with the glyph and a 3.5 speed weapon should proc about 49% of the time. I used the equation 8.4 / (60 / 3.50) = .49 => 49% proc rate. I was wondering if anyone knew where the difference was coming from. Thanks for any suggestion.

Re: SoC proc rate test

SoC proc rate seemed a little low to me as well...I switched to SoMartyr(Blood) and loved it. With the extra FoL insta's and DS heals the dmg taken from Martyr wasn't bad at all, even in PvP.

I couldn't find room in my glyph's for SoC glyph (using 10% judgement dmg and 1sec HoJ for majors)...but even with it I would probably stick with SoMartyr. SoComm has always been iffy to me. It was cool to see the big crits...but even for leveling SoRighteousness seemed to outdps it.

were you only auto attacking? SoC can now proc on special attcks too

To Gomexus: Yeah, i use SoM (Blood) in PvE now but i would like to SoC in PvP due to the fact that i cannot afford anymore damage thrown at me in BGs. I am getting ff'd like crazy being ret. I think it is due to all the OP talk. I got the judgement glyph and SoC glyph. I got the SoC glyph because i thought it would be closer to SoM in dps in a PvP situation without the self inflicted damage. I do love SoM, the dps from it is far superior to SoC in PvE imo. I just wish i knew if the equations where wrong due to changes or if there is something wrong with my methods when it comes to SoC.

To Sunny: Yes i was only auto attacking. Are the special attacks factored into Rawberry's Equation?

No, the equasion does not factor in special attacks. As for the difference, 10 minutes is simply not enough to overcome the randomness that is Seal of Command, try with a larger data set.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

Ok, i will try that. I will update after i have done a longer test. Thanks for the help Rawberry.

Ok, this time i did a 50min test. I would have done longer but the world server went down. Here are the numbers i got.

Ability Count Damage %

Melee 870 1018875 69.8
    Seal of Command 426 441642 30.2

This time the proc rate was about what i would expect. My previous test was not long enough, thanks rawberry. Now i get a .489655 approx. 49%. So the equation works. I guess this, if nothing else, validates the equation. Thanks again for all the help.

Now, do the test again with SoB/SotM, and see which pulls higher raw numbers: Seal of Blood, or Seal of Command with the Glyph.

I'm pretty curious. Though I'm sure it's been done before, your little test doesn't have a whole lot of extra information to wade through :P

I will try that. I am curious as well, but i am sure it will be SotM. I will post again when i get some numbers.

yiptastic

SoM should beat SoC by about 7%.

edit: without haste.

with haste, SoM > SoC in PvE. hands down.

where u quote from?

yiptastic

Quote Originally Posted by tempamy1
    where u quote from?

proven by beta testers. all seals proc on special attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercalio
    You must use your special ability too if you wanna count the proc rate.

Quote : As of Patch 3.0.2, Seal of Command procs on abilities as well as melee on separate ppm charts, significantly increasing the dps of the ability. In addition Seal of Command now only has only 1 rank costing 14% of base mana. The damage of SoC was also reduced to 56% of main weapon damage.

Let me repeat the key words in that Quote ... ''As of Patch 3.0.2, Seal of Command procs on abilities as well as melee on separate ppm charts''

... wow my main is a warlock and even I know this ... where do you guys take your info from ?!?!? lmao
    Agreed, its not only about this, the paladins, but every class thats discussed and perticulary the "nerf-threads"(not saying this is one, just giving you examples) where people seem to know everything and posting without any real reference/backup/correct information. "I thought linking from combatlog was reference?"

As to the topic, i can fill in that SoC does procc on abilities. I used my Divine Storm on 2x target dummies and my "off-target(?)" was getting another hit from a SoC procc. Though im not into numbers and i let the superiors fill you with that
    Quote Originally Posted by Neba
    *upon Arthas death*
    "Well done! But your Frostmourne is in another castle."
    *hurls Frostmourne over the horizon to the next expansion*

Ok, I must be doing something wrong here.

I admit I have all the Seal of Command toys, I have the Libram and I have the Glyph. I tested my DPS on the lvl70 dummy in SM. Chaining CS, DS, Judgement and Cons back to back the DPS meters where saying that I was around 200-300 DPS higher using Command compared to switching over to Blood and the +crit Libram.

Haste wise I'm using Jin'Rock with a 3.4 speed and I'm sitting around the 2k AP with 30% Crit self buffed. Any ideas why everyone says Blood is better while the DPS meter shows Command beating it?

its not everyone saying blood is better, imo command is actually better atleast at lvl 70, cant speak for 80,
    with the glyphs and without the libram my command pulls a lot more dmg than blood/martyr in raid AND i dont have to worry about loosing hp, my favoured judgement is light on trash/pvp and wisdom on bosses (as 1 of our mts is a prot pala who judges light)

we went hand of adal quest yesterday (vasj/tk) with 2 retri palas and a 2x2h warrior and tbh it went really well both me and warrior pulling 2.1 average on trash/bosses

Quote a quote:
    Quote : As of Patch 3.0.2, Seal of Command procs on abilities as well as melee on separate ppm charts, significantly increasing the dps of the ability. In addition Seal of Command now only has only 1 rank costing 14% of base mana. The damage of SoC was also reduced to 56% of main weapon damage.

Where u quote from? I would like to know if separate ppm charts mean different proc rate or not, maybe someone can do a proc rate test on our abilities?