Page 1 of 2
LastLast

DoT CritS for Shadow

So now all casters going for +crits gear.
    So i guessing no more offhand and dager for spierst.
    I always skip staff because compilation off hand and dagger give me more +dmg than staff only.
    So blizz will have to put some crit stats in daggers or caster daggers will be forgotten ;D

Anyway this is great news for spriest i assume. Now we got all spells covered with crits, even mindfly.
    Every stars in the sky say to me that spierst will be desire class in Wotlk. Huge dmg with off heals, you can switch between dps and heals. You can always resurect your buddy,stam and shadowprot buffs wll be important as a protection from lich army. Of course in endgame content blue will buff pure dps classes, but it always depends of gear and skill, besides 5%/10% dmg difference shouldn be so eye catching.

Cherio

Re: DoT CritS for Shadow

Warlocks will not want more crit, they just want more haste. So while we're more likely to get Sunwell gear pieces, items as Sunflare will likely benefit them more for a while.

We had no mace drop in 3 months

But I'm pretty certain I'll go for Twins Shoulders and [item=34405] now.

Yeah, near every caster class wants crit now.

Gonna be interesting to have both Shadow and Holy priests rolling on what used to be items that would have only been tuned for Desto locks and mages.

This change has been needed for awhile now, I can't wait for my warlock to go crit happy with DoT's! I am a little worried though that this may be a pretty OP change for locks now, I mean we already do pretty damn good damage (stfu QQ nerf ppl jesus), this could seriously amp our damage even more so. What do you objective minded folks think? Oh and just realized this is priest forums, I don't think it'll be OP at all for priests.

Its about time we get some crits that dont stem from just 2 spells. But integrating multiple casters into the same type of gear or stats can be annoying when you join a 25 man group and 4 different classes are rolling for the same gear. Welcome back DKP System. ;D

This change (if its getting final) sucks.
    The shadow is shriveling to a nuker class...for the sake of class balancing.

What about rogues with ap scaled poison dot crits? I wonder if that makes class balancing easier.

i love this change cause my shadowpriest was getting bout 80% crit in raids on a good day.

Deleted

"This change (if its getting final) sucks.
    The shadow is shriveling to a nuker class...for the sake of class balancing."

ehm...no?! would you be happy with 1,5k dps at 80 and stucking in the 5man instances? if yes, then i can t help u o.O

Quote Originally Posted by mofi
    "This change (if its getting final) sucks.
    The shadow is shriveling to a nuker class...for the sake of class balancing."

ehm...no?! would you be happy with 1,5k dps at 80 and stucking in the 5man instances? if yes, then i can t help u o.O
    Aaah, good point. We keep all our level 70 equip and skills...maybe cause it looks nice and shiny.

Something tells me that out equip gets better and we learn new skills.
    And there are far more ways to increase single target damage and balance classes, than making dots crit.

Btw: A lvl80 shadow with a t6/t7 gear mix is doing ~2,3k dkp in a sapphiron fight...not to mention his cross heal.

Critting dots is like a dripping flesh wound, that spills out a stout of blood from time to time...

Our "cross heals" are getting severely nerfed (5% down from 25%). I still see no reason to bring a shadow priest to the raid. All we give out now is Misery which is 3% spell hit and I am 100% sure everyone will get hit capped on their own and won't rely on the shadow priest.
    Even rogue brings MORE to the table than shadow priest. I really see no reason why would I take myself into the raid and not another warlock. I mean, one soulstone and healthstone more > shadow priest. They will do more dps, they will benefit the raid more (I must admit I haven't checked exactly how demo and affli buff the raid), so in my opinion - if we don't do at least 5% more dps than them - why bring a shadow priest?

I welcome these changes but the latest SimCraft at www.shadowpriest.com didn't show us that good. Yes, the dps went up but mages and locks still own us. And if that's going to be the case, I'd seriously seriously think twice before taking spriest to the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazhghal
    Aaah, good point. We keep all our level 70 equip and skills...maybe cause it looks nice and shiny.

Something tells me that out equip gets better and we learn new skills.
    And there are far more ways to increase single target damage and balance classes, than making dots crit.

Btw: A lvl80 shadow with a t6/t7 gear mix is doing ~2,3k dkp in a sapphiron fight...not to mention his cross heal.

Critting dots is like a dripping flesh wound, that spills out a stout of blood from time to time...
    2.3k dps at level 80? Are you on crack? I did 2.3k last night on Brut no issues at all @ level 70

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    I welcome these changes but the latest SimCraft at www.shadowpriest.com didn't show us that good. Yes, the dps went up but mages and locks still own us. And if that's going to be the case, I'd seriously seriously think twice before taking spriest to the raid.
    You're a hybrid class. Mages and Warlocks are DPS classes.

They are meant to do more damage...You're built around the possibility of 3 viable spec's, with a different role to the raid. Mages and Warlocks on the other hand has only DPS base specs.

Balance is not only based around utility, it also includes spec possibilities that the class can bring to a raid.

Quote Originally Posted by hieratic
    2.3k dps at level 80? Are you on crack? I did 2.3k last night on Brut no issues at all @ level 70
    Got WWS?

Not sure if out dps count was broken , because none of our priests got over 1600 :S

Quote Originally Posted by transparent
    You're a hybrid class. Mages and Warlocks are DPS classes.

They are meant to do more damage...You're built around the possibility of 3 viable spec's, with a different role to the raid. Mages and Warlocks on the other hand has only DPS base specs.

Balance is not only based around utility, it also includes spec possibilities that the class can bring to a raid.
    Read the blues. To paraphrase, all players specced for DPS wearing comparable gear and played with comparable skill will deliver comparable dps at 80 - that is the goal. So no, mages / locks / hunters / rogues will not 'automatically' do tons more damage than priests / druids / paladins / shaman who are specced purely for DPS.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Got WWS?

Not sure if out dps count was broken , because none of our priests got over 1600 :S
    I would trust it for sure. I've been up to 2100 dps on brut on wednesday (though I had a serious lag and could definetely push a lot more), but yeah, some dps meters were showing me at 1600, I think it's an issue with the dps meter.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

and therefor the use of WWS, witch havnt changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazhghal

and i bet a rogue/hunter/boomkin in the same fight was doing 3.3-3.5Kdps... even for a hybrid (the one that brings the least raid utility now may i add) 50% less dps than pures (and even other hybrids) will make us a liability, a one that just wont be found in a reious raid guild)

BUT i'm sure blizz will see that and change the numbers, so I'm not too worried... yet

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball
    I would trust it for sure. I've been up to 2100 dps on brut on wednesday (though I had a serious lag and could definetely push a lot more), but yeah, some dps meters were showing me at 1600, I think it's an issue with the dps meter.
    How did you manage to figure out you were at 2100 then?

erm...help me please...

Mindflay will be the only "Dot", which is critable. Maybe i can´t find the blue about all dots will bei critable...

I wouldn't bother to find a source. Go duel a affliction warlock in desto gear.

DoT ticks can crit, end of story.